Elite controller series 2 - left thumb stick unscrews help

Discus and support Elite controller series 2 - left thumb stick unscrews help in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I just bought 2 series 2 elite controllers and on the one I am using for myself the left thumb stick will unscrew and this is without the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Beefsloth, Dec 25, 2021.

1. Beefsloth
    Beefsloth Guest

Hello,

I just bought 2 series 2 elite controllers and on the one I am using for myself the left thumb stick will unscrew and this is without the included tool to change the tension. I don't think it is supposed to do this and I can screw it clockwise until it stops but when I'm playing Halo or something similar it will loosen itself when I am moving it too much. Why does it do this and is there a way to fix it? If I unscrew it counterclockwise too much it literally doesnt move much at all like I'm tightening the tension too much.

:)

Beefsloth, Dec 25, 2021
  2. CarTzy Win User

why is my left stick spinning freely?

Hello Chillwill882986,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community. I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Elite series 2 custom controller. It sounds like the left thumb stick is not properly secured and it is causing you trouble when playing games.

The left thumb stick of the Elite series 2 controller is designed to be adjustable, so you can change the tension and height according to your preference. However, it should not unscrew or spin freely when you are using it. This could indicate that the thumb stick is defective or damaged.

To fix this issue, please follow these steps:

- Turn off your controller and remove the batteries.

- Gently pull the left thumb stick out of the controller. You may need to use a small tool like a tweezer to do this.

- Check the bottom of the thumb stick and the socket on the controller for any signs of wear or damage. If you see any, please contact Xbox Support for a replacement or repair.

- If there is no visible damage, align the thumb stick with the socket and push it firmly until it clicks into place. You should feel some resistance when you do this.

- Screw the thumb stick clockwise until it reaches your desired tension and height. Do not over-tighten it or force it beyond its limit.

- Put the batteries back in and turn on your controller. Test the thumb stick in a game and see if it works properly.

See: Adjust the sticks on your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 | Xbox Support

Swap removable parts on your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 | Xbox Support

Troubleshoot your Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support

If these steps do not resolve your issue, please contact Xbox Support again and we will assist you further. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and we appreciate your patience and understanding.
  3. Das Koop Win User

elite series 2

It took me a while to adjust, but now that I have, a regular Xbox controller doesn't feel right after spending a couple weeks with the Elite 2.

I'm using the middle thumb stick tension for both thumb sticks. For my right thumb stick I changed the settings from Default to Instant. I have the left thumb stick set to the middle tension as well with the settings at Smooth.
  4. SailormoonGirl6 Win User

Controllers

Hi

Xbox Controller Elite Series 2 is best for you.. I like to buy extra thumb grips rubbers to go on my controllers to protect the sticks. The grips goes over the controller sticks. Its better grip when playing games.

link: Thumb Grips
  5. Mistress Sara Win User

Do small thumb sticks on the Elite controller make for better FPS control? Former PC gamer here

Hi there,

The Elite Controller comes with 3 sets of thumb sticks - 2 standard size (same size as the controller that comes with the console-physically checked them against my controllers), 2 taller ones, and 2 domed ones (which seem more like a middle height between
    the tall and the standard size thumb sticks).

I hope that helps.
  6. Jesse E' Win User

Right stick on Elite Series 2 controller "unscrewing".

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

No it isn't normal. Please see a well detailed guide on how to troubleshoot the Xbox Wireless Controller here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

If that doesn't help with the issue, you will need to send the device to Microsoft for a service repair/replacement. You can see how to do that here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

If the controller is still under warranty, the repair/replacement is free. If the warranty has expired, it will cost you a fee depending on the type of controller you own. You can check out Microsoft's out of warranty service cost here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

Hope this helps!
Thema:

1. Elite controller series 2 - left thumb stick unscrews help - Similar Threads - Elite controller series

2. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  3. I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...: I have to say that I thought the idea of paying over $100 for a controller was absurd, but by the time I got it the thing cost me nearly $170 and after 2 weeks of use the left stick is "jammed" I...
  4. Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?: Right i know the question is bland but when using the feature where you can set your paddles as say WASD is anyone else having the issue of the paddles pretending to be broken even though when you...
  5. Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?: Hello, I was recently saving some Microsoft rewards points and I was wondering if with Microsoft gift cards redeemed with Microsoft rewards points, I could actually buy a new Elite Series 2...
  6. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  7. Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.: I purchased an Xbox one elite controller series 2 on March 22nd and it came with stick drift right out the box. The B button didn’t work either. I brought it back and they gave me a new one. Still...
  8. Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.: Hi, my xbox elite series 2 controller will not power on unless I 'Jump Start' the controller. Basically, plug it in, power on and unplug it. If it is off for longer than 1 min, I will not be able...
  9. Xbox series elite 2 controller stick drift / Stick sticking

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series elite 2 controller stick drift / Stick sticking: I've been through 3 of these elite controllers now over the last 2 weeks. First one I bought was the "elite 2 core" And that came with stick drift on both right and left I then got a replacement...
  10. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller not updating on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller not updating on PC: Hi I wanted to update the firmware on my new Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller. I installed the Xbox Accessories app, and it prompted me for the update, and I started it But then nothing happens....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. thumb tension not working elite 2