Elite Controller Rubber Grips

Discus and support Elite Controller Rubber Grips in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Is it possible to order replacement rubber grips for the elite controller (generation 1)? Or the entire backplate? I love my elite, but it is now so... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by johosh1111, Apr 17, 2021.

1. johosh1111
    johosh1111 Guest

Is it possible to order replacement rubber grips for the elite controller (generation 1)?

Or the entire backplate?

I love my elite, but it is now so uncomfortable to use... Have had it since they were released, so way past warranty.

:)

johosh1111, Apr 17, 2021
  2. Tormaz Win User

Xbox one white Elite controller

Hello!

If it's an elite controller it should have the rubber grip on the back of the controller body.
  3. JohnnyXeo Win User

Elite Controller

What does everyone think of the elite controller? I love the paddles so much but do not like the rubber grips. This controller is a game-changer for shooters.
    I'm the opposite, very rarely use the paddles but love the rubber grips.
  4. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

What controller do you have?

I prefer the regular controllers to the elite controllers as the rubber grips don't seem to last very long in many occasions.
  5. Luistony-3244165D-B6 Win User

Extended Warranty - Elite Controller

I don't know where is the "elite" on a controller with so many flaws. My elite controller rubber grips become loose and are opened. I am a casual gamer and take excellent care of my stuff. It looks more like its a manufacturing flaw. We will know for sure
    if their engineering team fixed this when they launch the new Xbox One S which comes with a controller that features rubber grips same as the elite.
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Elite pro controller

Personally, I have my Elite Controller for almost two years and use it almost daily. I have no issues with the rubber grips.

However, I have watched other friends play on their consoles, and depending on how engaged they get in the game, I've seen them squeezing and slightly twisting their hand around the controller grip, as if it were a motorbike throttle (I'm exaggerating the
    movement, but it's a slight twisting motion around the controller grips).

So just play some games, and try to observe yourself how tense you become playing these games. If you feel you are gripping the controller much harder, and rubbing your fingers or palms around the controller grip, I'd advise against buying ANY controller
    with added rubber grips (be it the Elite controller, or similar controllers), as this squeezing will stretch the rubber grips ever so slightly.

And as the saying goes: constant dripping wears the stone.

The rubber pads are specifically there so you DON'T HAVE TO squeeze the controller so tightly to get a decent grip.

If you're a relaxed player, and can keep your cool in even the most heated battle, then the Elite Controller will surely be a great addition.

However if you tend to clench and tighten your grip under stress, a plastic controller (if necessary with added grip texture, like on some standard special edition controllers) would suit your gaming style better.

Or think about getting a silicone cover that you can pull over the elite controller for added grip and protection.
Thema:

1. Elite Controller Rubber Grips - Similar Threads - Elite Controller Rubber

2. Configuring Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Configuring Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10: Is there any way to configure an Xbox elite controller on Windows 10? The Xbox accessories app no longer works and tells me I need to update my Windows OS. My computer isn't eligible for an...
  3. Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...: was doing a controller firmware update when my controller disconnected from the charger causing the update to stop, leaving my Xbox home button flashing and controller unresponsive. Have changed...
  4. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  5. I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...: I have to say that I thought the idea of paying over $100 for a controller was absurd, but by the time I got it the thing cost me nearly $170 and after 2 weeks of use the left stick is "jammed" I...
  6. Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?: Right i know the question is bland but when using the feature where you can set your paddles as say WASD is anyone else having the issue of the paddles pretending to be broken even though when you...
  7. Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...: I would like to purchase an extended warranty for my Xbox Series X Elite 2 Design Lab crafted controller. As I saw on Reddit and some other sources that you could purchase an extended warranty for...
  8. was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...

in XBoX on Consoles
    was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...: was playing a game on gaming pc windows 10 and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go down to device says Bluetooth turned off cant seem to find anywhere to turn back...
  9. Xbox elite wireless controller series 2 rubber grip coming loose

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite wireless controller series 2 rubber grip coming loose: The right hand rubber grip has started to work loose from the controller, how do I get it repaired? Many thanks, David 8c725e43-a109-46f0-ba31-3889431b1181
  10. Will the rubber grips fail on the next Elite controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the rubber grips fail on the next Elite controller?: Bought an Elite 1 controller & the grips failed. Bought an Elite 2 controller & the grips failed. Microsoft is now requiring the use of their controllers only with an Xbox. Microsoft has offered...