ELITE CONTROLLER RUBBER GRIPS FALLING OFF

Discus and support ELITE CONTROLLER RUBBER GRIPS FALLING OFF in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've had my controller only for a few months and I noticed last night the rubber grips are falling off of the right hand side of the controller. Looked... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SilliestSquid53, Oct 18, 2017.

1. ELITE CONTROLLER RUBBER GRIPS FALLING OFF

I've had my controller only for a few months and I noticed last night the rubber grips are falling off of the right hand side of the controller. Looked at it today and it's getting worse and I can see the left side of the controller the rubber grips are
    starting to separate too. Looking at the design there is literally nothing holding these grips in place besides some glue near the center of the pads. Forced to switch back to my old $40 controller that I've had for over a year. $150 wasted.

:)

SilliestSquid53, Oct 18, 2017
  2. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest
    M3tal Daz3, Oct 18, 2017
  3. OK Fowl
    OK Fowl Guest
    Xbox one Elite Controller grips - Rubber falling off.

I believe they will repair or replace the grips if you send them in for service.

Here is the info on getting the elite Controller serviced.
    Servicing your Xbox Elite Controller
    You will put in a service request here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/devices
    under your console. Change the category to Accessories and then under select issue type select Elite Controller. Then input your PID number from the controller and click create repair order.

OK Fowl, Oct 18, 2017
  4. Thy Death
    Thy Death Guest

I had the same issue, unfortunately it was with the super limited Gears of War edition elite controller, so there was nothing they could do about it because I would have to send it in for the black standard version.

Only options you have is try to re glue them on, but it won't matter long as the rubber strenches and won't fit at all. Mine is a mess. Or, you can call customer support and they will make a ticket for you to send it in to get a replacement one, at least
    that's what my only option was.

But no way was I going to send in my limited GoW one just to have them throw it away. It's disappointing for sure.

Thy Death, Oct 19, 2017
  5. If you don't want to bother with MS support (I didn't, the warranty was well past on mine), you can find replacement grips for the Elite controller at Amazon. Just do a search for XB1 elite grips. They have custom ones and you can even find the standard
    replacement grips for about $10 U.S.

Doesn't sound like you've had much luck with yours, but mine lasted a good 1.5 years before the R grip started loosening. I game every. night. 5 hours is the lesser of my sessions, they're usually longer. Add that up and my controller easily had close to
    3k hours of play time before the grip started giving. If I had no choice but to buy a whole new controller, I may not be so forgiving... but since I didn't... and considering how much handling those grips tolerated, I can live with a $10 repair.

A Blue Illusion, Nov 1, 2018
  6. A Blue Illusion Win User

If you don't want to bother with MS support (I didn't, the warranty was well past on mine), you can find replacement grips for the Elite controller at Amazon. Just do a search for XB1 elite grips. They have custom ones and you can even find the standard
    replacement grips for about $10 U.S.

Doesn't sound like you've had much luck with yours, but mine lasted a good 1.5 years before the R grip started loosening. I game every. night. 5 hours is the lesser of my sessions, they're usually longer. Add that up and my controller easily had close to
    3k hours of play time before the grip started giving. If I had no choice but to buy a whole new controller, I may not be so forgiving... but since I didn't... and considering how much handling those grips tolerated, I can live with a $10 repair.
  7. Thy Death Win User

I had the same issue, unfortunately it was with the super limited Gears of War edition elite controller, so there was nothing they could do about it because I would have to send it in for the black standard version.

Only options you have is try to re glue them on, but it won't matter long as the rubber strenches and won't fit at all. Mine is a mess. Or, you can call customer support and they will make a ticket for you to send it in to get a replacement one, at least
    that's what my only option was.

But no way was I going to send in my limited GoW one just to have them throw it away. It's disappointing for sure.
  8. SoulCrazy J Win User

Xbox One Elite Controller Opinions

yea that's a nice controller and all but what they don't tell you is that the rubber grip on the controller starts to come unglued and falls off after a while. and when you want to send it in to get it fixed, they wont let you do it. that's how they get
    you with the extra 50 bucks. if they knew that the rubber grip was going to fall off after a while they should only charge 100 or fix the design flaw.
  9. Tormaz Win User

Xbox one white Elite controller

Hello!

If it's an elite controller it should have the rubber grip on the back of the controller body.
  10. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Elite Controller Going Bad

The rubber part peeling off seems to be a common problem. :( I've seen 2 Elite's where the rubber came completely off and just fell off the controller within a few months. I got a regular controller through the Xbox Design Labs and have had it for years
    and it still works perfect (no rubber grips or anything on it).
Thema:

1. ELITE CONTROLLER RUBBER GRIPS FALLING OFF - Similar Threads - ELITE CONTROLLER RUBBER

2. Will Microsoft bond their grips fot the next generation of elite controller or will they...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will Microsoft bond their grips fot the next generation of elite controller or will they...: I have owned both a elite one and Elite 2 both of which the glued hand grips have come away one actually injuring me so I was wondering if Microsoft was going to drop their scummy attitude of...
  3. My Xbox Elite 2 left controller wont work when I push down to use.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Elite 2 left controller wont work when I push down to use.: while playing the Left controller wont function when I push down to use that function. how do i fix that. its only 8 months old . 9995a63b-4a8a-4090-9d1a-a3b32fec8997
  4. When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is...: When my controller (Xbox Elite Series 2) is in hair-trigger mode and I push down and continue to push down it makes this weird squeaking noise. This does not happen with my left trigger. I have...
  5. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues: I’m having a bit of an issue I can’t figure out. I have an Xbox seires X, Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, Xbox Wired Headset and I consistently get audio distortion/glitching/popping through my...
  6. Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.: I have an Elite 2 controller but the xbox button turns on and off. It'll be on for up to 5 seconds but none of the buttons work and it flashes really fast as if it connected but automatically...
  7. I bought my elite series 2 controller from amazon. Its still under 12 months how would I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought my elite series 2 controller from amazon. Its still under 12 months how would I...: I've had this pad since last December and now I'm start to get a major stick drift on the right analog stick. However I didn't purchase it directly from Microsoft/Xbox. What can I do. Can I get a...
  8. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues: So my controller is becoming unresponsive, at times no form of input gets a response and sometimes just straight up disconnects. Pad is always connected via USB cable, never via Bluetooth. I've...
  9. Xbox elite wireless controller series 2 rubber grip coming loose

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite wireless controller series 2 rubber grip coming loose: The right hand rubber grip has started to work loose from the controller, how do I get it repaired? Many thanks, David 8c725e43-a109-46f0-ba31-3889431b1181
  10. Will the rubber grips fail on the next Elite controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the rubber grips fail on the next Elite controller?: Bought an Elite 1 controller & the grips failed. Bought an Elite 2 controller & the grips failed. Microsoft is now requiring the use of their controllers only with an Xbox. Microsoft has offered...