Elite controller rubber grips coming off!! Again!

Discus and support Elite controller rubber grips coming off!! Again! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I'll make this short and quick. I got brand new Elite controller on 16/12/2015. The rubber grips of this controller started coming... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Captain Tipsy, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Elite controller rubber grips coming off!! Again!

Hello everyone,

I'll make this short and quick.

I got brand new Elite controller on 16/12/2015. The rubber grips of this controller started coming off. And because it was still under warranty I ordered a replacement controller on 26/10/2016.

Now I am having the same issue. The rubber grips of the replacement controller are coming off too.. I contacted Xbox customer service today, and they told me that the replacement controller is not under warranty, because apparently Microsoft uses date of
    the first controlled purchased. Even though that controller was replaced with another one.

Shouldn't the replacement controller have a 1 year warranty? I am in the U.K and the EU law is different. Its usually 1 year warranty.

After explaining this to xbox customer support, I was told they will contact me within 24 hour. So, now I must wait.

Just wanted to know if anyone had a similar experience.

Thank you.

:)

Captain Tipsy, Oct 19, 2017
  2. KrazyPinoy
    KrazyPinoy Guest
    Xbox one elite controller rubber grips coming off

i haave 2 elite controller and both are doing thoa the rubber grips have started coming off. The first lasted almost a year but this second has only lasted a few months.

KrazyPinoy, Oct 19, 2017
  3. VeryWetDog
    VeryWetDog Guest
    Rubber on Elite Controller

The rubber on my elite controller is also coming away. Looked everywhere and I can't find anywhere that sells or has stock of the back cover and/or the side grips. :-(

VeryWetDog, Oct 19, 2017
  4. Meitzi
    Meitzi Guest

its out of warranty clearly.

warranty does not re-new if they replace controller.

xbox contollers are worst conrollers i have been in my life.

Meitzi, Aug 3, 2018
  5. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    Xbox controllers are the best in my opinion. The Elite controller is a different ball game altogether. That is totally overpriced and it will fail and stop working way quicker than a normal controller. So not worth the money.

brandiesel1, Nov 1, 2018
  6. darrenmonk Win User

Elite controller grip fix

I have 2 elite controllers myself and out of warranty but both controllers have the grips and underside of the rubber coming off .

Question the new xbox 1 elite controller 2s are coming out in november here in the Uk but what proof do i have that the rubber is not going to start peeling of theses because if i order 2 that's £320 when the rubber starts coming off which isn't good at
    all for the price i might as well be paying for 2 scuf controllers . Is xbox giving any of us elite 1 uses a discount for buying elite 2s ? because owning the elite 1s where the rubber comes of in less than 12 months is not good and puts me off buying the
    new ones when they do come out .
  7. Meitzi Win User

its out of warranty clearly.

warranty does not re-new if they replace controller.

xbox contollers are worst conrollers i have been in my life.
  8. loiosh87 Win User

Elite Controller Rubber Grip - Coming Off Again

Hello,

got a problem with elite controller.

Rubber grip goes out , also both bumpers are gone.

I bought it at september 2017 and got replaced (same problem) around april 2018.

Support at my country - Poland - dont want to send it to service since its out of warranty.

This controller was replaced by new less then 1 year ago. As we all know elites got a malfunction or a production fail.

I have to buy new elite controller ,because it fail every few months ?

I tried to make online service but it doesnt see my controller serial number - yell out to contact customer service which dont want to help at all.
  9. TimLeonard2 Win User

Hi,

Sorry about this bad experience… You have to call the Helpdesk and request the supervisor ( https://support.xbox.com/contact-us ) or write a compliant (email or letter) to
    the Microsoft office of your country.

Regards,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to reply, I am grateful. I will persevere with Helpdesk / Customer Support.

Kind regards,

Tim
  10. matthewiag Win User

Hello

Xbox only issues a 90 day warranty for there controllers.

I had the same issue with my elite. I found replacement grips over at ScufGaming they have lasted 2 years now.
Thema:

1. Elite controller rubber grips coming off!! Again! - Similar Threads - Elite controller rubber

2. Elite Series 2 Controller repair botched, Xbox Customer Support not helping

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller repair botched, Xbox Customer Support not helping: I can’t believe I’m even having this issue. It has taken me 1.5 years to get back an Elite Series 2 controller that I sent in for warranty repair along with its accessories. However, the...
  3. I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...: I have a xbox 360 elite console, and it has sat for a bit, but am breaking it back out, it powers on and everything but the controller no longer works. Are there "new" controllers that can be...
  4. Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller: Pressing the right joy stick down turns the controller off and the controller will not turn back on until it is plugged in, controller does not register up or down movement on the right joystick...
  5. When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...: A little less than a year ago I purchased a custom Elite Controller Series 2 from Xbox Design Lab, complete with a custom engraving. When I contacted Xbox Support, the person on the phone ensured...
  6. Configuring Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Configuring Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10: Is there any way to configure an Xbox elite controller on Windows 10? The Xbox accessories app no longer works and tells me I need to update my Windows OS. My computer isn't eligible for an...
  7. Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...: was doing a controller firmware update when my controller disconnected from the charger causing the update to stop, leaving my Xbox home button flashing and controller unresponsive. Have changed...
  8. I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...: I have to say that I thought the idea of paying over $100 for a controller was absurd, but by the time I got it the thing cost me nearly $170 and after 2 weeks of use the left stick is "jammed" I...
  9. Xbox elite wireless controller series 2 rubber grip coming loose

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite wireless controller series 2 rubber grip coming loose: The right hand rubber grip has started to work loose from the controller, how do I get it repaired? Many thanks, David 8c725e43-a109-46f0-ba31-3889431b1181
  10. Will the rubber grips fail on the next Elite controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the rubber grips fail on the next Elite controller?: Bought an Elite 1 controller & the grips failed. Bought an Elite 2 controller & the grips failed. Microsoft is now requiring the use of their controllers only with an Xbox. Microsoft has offered...