Elite Controller Rubber Grips Are Falling Off.

Discus and support Elite Controller Rubber Grips Are Falling Off. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, My Elite Controller Rubber Grips Are Falling Off and I cannot get ahold of anyone via chat or phone support to figure out what needs to be... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by bzaufnoeon, Oct 16, 2020.

1. bzaufnoeon
    bzaufnoeon Guest

Hello,

My Elite Controller Rubber Grips Are Falling Off and I cannot get ahold of anyone via chat or phone support to figure out what needs to be done. I have had this controller since January 2019 and now the rubber pads on all the corners are peeling away?

Is this a defect that you are repairing?

Thank you.

:)

bzaufnoeon, Oct 16, 2020
  2. A Blue Illusion Win User

ELITE CONTROLLER RUBBER GRIPS FALLING OFF

If you don't want to bother with MS support (I didn't, the warranty was well past on mine), you can find replacement grips for the Elite controller at Amazon. Just do a search for XB1 elite grips. They have custom ones and you can even find the standard
    replacement grips for about $10 U.S.

Doesn't sound like you've had much luck with yours, but mine lasted a good 1.5 years before the R grip started loosening. I game every. night. 5 hours is the lesser of my sessions, they're usually longer. Add that up and my controller easily had close to
    3k hours of play time before the grip started giving. If I had no choice but to buy a whole new controller, I may not be so forgiving... but since I didn't... and considering how much handling those grips tolerated, I can live with a $10 repair.
  3. Thy Death Win User

ELITE CONTROLLER RUBBER GRIPS FALLING OFF

I had the same issue, unfortunately it was with the super limited Gears of War edition elite controller, so there was nothing they could do about it because I would have to send it in for the black standard version.

Only options you have is try to re glue them on, but it won't matter long as the rubber strenches and won't fit at all. Mine is a mess. Or, you can call customer support and they will make a ticket for you to send it in to get a replacement one, at least
    that's what my only option was.

But no way was I going to send in my limited GoW one just to have them throw it away. It's disappointing for sure.
  4. SoulCrazy J Win User

Xbox One Elite Controller Opinions

yea that's a nice controller and all but what they don't tell you is that the rubber grip on the controller starts to come unglued and falls off after a while. and when you want to send it in to get it fixed, they wont let you do it. that's how they get
    you with the extra 50 bucks. if they knew that the rubber grip was going to fall off after a while they should only charge 100 or fix the design flaw.
  5. Tormaz Win User

Xbox one white Elite controller

Hello!

If it's an elite controller it should have the rubber grip on the back of the controller body.
  6. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Elite Controller Going Bad

The rubber part peeling off seems to be a common problem. :( I've seen 2 Elite's where the rubber came completely off and just fell off the controller within a few months. I got a regular controller through the Xbox Design Labs and have had it for years
    and it still works perfect (no rubber grips or anything on it).
Thema:

1. Elite Controller Rubber Grips Are Falling Off. - Similar Threads - Elite Controller Rubber

2. Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...: I would like to purchase an extended warranty for my Xbox Series X Elite 2 Design Lab crafted controller. As I saw on Reddit and some other sources that you could purchase an extended warranty for...
  3. was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...

in XBoX on Consoles
    was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...: was playing a game on gaming pc windows 10 and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go down to device says Bluetooth turned off cant seem to find anywhere to turn back...
  4. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...
  5. Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?: Hello, I was recently saving some Microsoft rewards points and I was wondering if with Microsoft gift cards redeemed with Microsoft rewards points, I could actually buy a new Elite Series 2...
  6. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  7. Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.: I purchased an Xbox one elite controller series 2 on March 22nd and it came with stick drift right out the box. The B button didn’t work either. I brought it back and they gave me a new one. Still...
  8. Elite 2 controller power and mode lights cycle flashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 controller power and mode lights cycle flashing: I have an elite 2 controller less than 6 months old. I was playing a game that froze hard and required me to hard shut off my xbox and now the controller won't turn on but it's charge light...
  9. Xbox elite wireless controller series 2 rubber grip coming loose

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite wireless controller series 2 rubber grip coming loose: The right hand rubber grip has started to work loose from the controller, how do I get it repaired? Many thanks, David 8c725e43-a109-46f0-ba31-3889431b1181
  10. Will the rubber grips fail on the next Elite controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the rubber grips fail on the next Elite controller?: Bought an Elite 1 controller & the grips failed. Bought an Elite 2 controller & the grips failed. Microsoft is now requiring the use of their controllers only with an Xbox. Microsoft has offered...