Elite Controller quality issues

Discus and support Elite Controller quality issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So here's the deal, sorry about the rant. I've bought a very expensive Elite Controller a few years back and the "right bumper" has broken three... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tmi0, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Tmi0
    Tmi0 Guest

So here's the deal, sorry about the rant.

I've bought a very expensive Elite Controller a few years back and the "right bumper" has broken three times before. I've managed to send it to service for three times and I don't know if it has been fixed with a bubble gum or has it been changed into a
    new controller at some point, but the same button is broken yet again for the THIRD time. The bad news is that I'm out of warranty so there's no way to fix it any more.

And the issue is not only with the Elite controller. I feel like the quality of those back buttons is very bad overal. There's no way that my gaming style is that heavy yet THREE OTHER controllers (Day One-controller + 2later purchased regular controllers)
    are all suffering from similar problems. I take good care of my stuff and I'm not a heavy user at any scale, I mostly play NHL so I use that button a lot, but compared that my ORIGINAL PS3 controllers are still intact after 8 years of HEAVY use when I still
    had time - my baby is now having them as a toys (talk about heavy use) and they still feel super solid and even without any rattle noises.

Oh and one point more. The last time I received the controller from the service it was like opening a freaking ash tray! The smell of the controller was disgusting! I tried to wipe it off with all the cleaning products I found from our place but it was really
    tough to get off. Time helped a bit but still after playing my hands smell really bad. Someone who’s a non-smoker it really stands out. This is so weird experience from a huge corporation like MS.

I’m not writing this as an intimidation letter of any kind, I just want to share with someone who’s maybe hesitating about getting an Xbox or Elite Controller that you should double check if this is the quality you’re after. I’m not going to spend a dime
    more on these controllers so I’ll be moving back to Sony’s camp.

Thanks for the years Xbox.

:)

2. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest
    Controller Build Quality

I have not had any issues with my day one controller but recently I decided to upgrade to the Elite Controller and the build quality of this controller is great but I think it's a little overpriced.

gds1972, Oct 15, 2017
  3. Zero Divided
    Zero Divided Guest
    Anybody else going through controllers?

not yet, was using my day one controller everyday until i got my Elite controller, no drifting, no sticky buttons, bumpers are still clicky, the non-elite controllers do feel cheap to me, but i have not had any issues with the build quality of my day one
    controller and i was actually going through 360 controllers faster, i'd say average of 1 per year.

Zero Divided, Oct 15, 2017
  4. Unreal Warfare Win User

Xbox One elite controller is a rip off

No issues with the Elite. I used to have issues with the bumpers on the standard controllers losing their click far too quickly. The build quality on the Elite is far superior.
  5. brandiesel1 Win User

Elite controller

I love MS products but the Elite controller has quality issues. No way is it worth €150.
  6. gds1972 Win User

Controller Build Quality

I have not had any issues with my day one controller but recently I decided to upgrade to the Elite Controller and the build quality of this controller is great but I think it's a little overpriced.
  7. brandiesel1 Win User

The awful quality of xbox controllers

I get a few years out of the standard controllers and I think they are good. The Elite controller quality is a different issue. They are very poorly made and will fail within a year.
  8. DEREZZINATOR Win User

When Will Microsoft have more Elite series 2 Controllers?

But my question is:

When will Quality Control improve for Elite Series 2 Controller?
Thema:

1. Elite Controller quality issues - Similar Threads - Elite Controller quality

2. I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...: I have a xbox 360 elite console, and it has sat for a bit, but am breaking it back out, it powers on and everything but the controller no longer works. Are there "new" controllers that can be...
  3. Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller: Pressing the right joy stick down turns the controller off and the controller will not turn back on until it is plugged in, controller does not register up or down movement on the right joystick...
  4. When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...: A little less than a year ago I purchased a custom Elite Controller Series 2 from Xbox Design Lab, complete with a custom engraving. When I contacted Xbox Support, the person on the phone ensured...
  5. Configuring Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Configuring Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10: Is there any way to configure an Xbox elite controller on Windows 10? The Xbox accessories app no longer works and tells me I need to update my Windows OS. My computer isn't eligible for an...
  6. Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...: was doing a controller firmware update when my controller disconnected from the charger causing the update to stop, leaving my Xbox home button flashing and controller unresponsive. Have changed...
  7. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  8. I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...: I have to say that I thought the idea of paying over $100 for a controller was absurd, but by the time I got it the thing cost me nearly $170 and after 2 weeks of use the left stick is "jammed" I...
  9. Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?: Right i know the question is bland but when using the feature where you can set your paddles as say WASD is anyone else having the issue of the paddles pretending to be broken even though when you...
  10. Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...: I would like to purchase an extended warranty for my Xbox Series X Elite 2 Design Lab crafted controller. As I saw on Reddit and some other sources that you could purchase an extended warranty for...