Elite controller grip

Discus and support Elite controller grip in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have had my controller since release day of the elite series or at least the week of and I have just started noticing the issue that the grip is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by monty917, Oct 22, 2017.

1. monty917
    monty917 Guest

Elite controller grip

I have had my controller since release day of the elite series or at least the week of and I have just started noticing the issue that the grip is coming off one side. It’s from just normal everyday use so I haven’t thrown it or tampered with it in anyway.
    I’m just upset that this controller that is $150 has piss poor adhesive and falls apart by just being used in an intended way. The left part of my controller is super uncomfortable now and makes it harder to play. If anyone has suggestions other than dropping
    another $150 that would be great.

:)

monty917, Oct 22, 2017
  2. Tormaz
    Tormaz Guest
    Xbox one white Elite controller

Hello!

If it's an elite controller it should have the rubber grip on the back of the controller body.

Tormaz, Oct 22, 2017
  3. Hordie
    Hordie Guest
    elite controller handle grip coming off

Hi Killa MikeTitan,

Sorry the grip is coming off your Elite controller. Unfortunately Xbox accessories only have a 90 day warranty, and this includes the Elite controller. If you did purchase on day one, then the warranty would be expired. Your only option would be to replace
    the controller, or try to use an adhesive to get the grip to stick back down.

Hordie, Oct 22, 2017
  4. Elite controller grip

Sending it in for repair would be the best option, but if it's past the warranty, you will have to pay for it.

StuartATrueRed, Jul 3, 2018
  5. Mine too, very disappointed for a €150 purchase. I want replacement parts for it but of course you can't submit your complaint anywhere. So Microsoft.

Da Cryptologist, Aug 1, 2018
  6. Mine has done the same, it's easily broken, not a very good controller for durability. Send it in for repair, they should offer a one-time free repair for you past warranty.

Gamingboy177 (Sam), Aug 1, 2018
  7. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    Arminator, Nov 1, 2018
  8. Tormaz Win User

Hello!

If it's an elite controller it should have the rubber grip on the back of the controller body.
  9. ArminatorX Win User

Elite pro controller

Personally, I have my Elite Controller for almost two years and use it almost daily. I have no issues with the rubber grips.

However, I have watched other friends play on their consoles, and depending on how engaged they get in the game, I've seen them squeezing and slightly twisting their hand around the controller grip, as if it were a motorbike throttle (I'm exaggerating the
    movement, but it's a slight twisting motion around the controller grips).

So just play some games, and try to observe yourself how tense you become playing these games. If you feel you are gripping the controller much harder, and rubbing your fingers or palms around the controller grip, I'd advise against buying ANY controller
    with added rubber grips (be it the Elite controller, or similar controllers), as this squeezing will stretch the rubber grips ever so slightly.

And as the saying goes: constant dripping wears the stone.

The rubber pads are specifically there so you DON'T HAVE TO squeeze the controller so tightly to get a decent grip.

If you're a relaxed player, and can keep your cool in even the most heated battle, then the Elite Controller will surely be a great addition.

However if you tend to clench and tighten your grip under stress, a plastic controller (if necessary with added grip texture, like on some standard special edition controllers) would suit your gaming style better.

Or think about getting a silicone cover that you can pull over the elite controller for added grip and protection.
  10. EggsBoxJuan Win User

11. Nohra369 Win User

Let's Talk About Controllers

I havent had a problem with mine. The only drama i have faced is the grip peeling on the Elite controller. I am up to my 3rd atm because of the grip peeling but i could never not use the Elite.
  12. Paul1708 Win User

Xbox One Elite Controller

Hey there

Unfortually it isnt possable too just buy the grips. Controllers including the Elite are just replaced with in the warranty. Unfortually if you added scuf grips too your controller that would viod the warranty
Thema:

Elite controller grip

1. Elite controller grip - Similar Threads - Elite controller grip

2. Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...: I would like to purchase an extended warranty for my Xbox Series X Elite 2 Design Lab crafted controller. As I saw on Reddit and some other sources that you could purchase an extended warranty for...
  3. was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...

in XBoX on Consoles
    was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...: was playing a game on gaming pc windows 10 and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go down to device says Bluetooth turned off cant seem to find anywhere to turn back...
  4. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...
  5. Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?: Hello, I was recently saving some Microsoft rewards points and I was wondering if with Microsoft gift cards redeemed with Microsoft rewards points, I could actually buy a new Elite Series 2...
  6. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  7. Elite 2 controller power and mode lights cycle flashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 controller power and mode lights cycle flashing: I have an elite 2 controller less than 6 months old. I was playing a game that froze hard and required me to hard shut off my xbox and now the controller won't turn on but it's charge light...
  8. Will Microsoft bond their grips fot the next generation of elite controller or will they...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will Microsoft bond their grips fot the next generation of elite controller or will they...: I have owned both a elite one and Elite 2 both of which the glued hand grips have come away one actually injuring me so I was wondering if Microsoft was going to drop their scummy attitude of...
  9. Xbox elite wireless controller series 2 rubber grip coming loose

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite wireless controller series 2 rubber grip coming loose: The right hand rubber grip has started to work loose from the controller, how do I get it repaired? Many thanks, David 8c725e43-a109-46f0-ba31-3889431b1181
  10. Will the rubber grips fail on the next Elite controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the rubber grips fail on the next Elite controller?: Bought an Elite 1 controller & the grips failed. Bought an Elite 2 controller & the grips failed. Microsoft is now requiring the use of their controllers only with an Xbox. Microsoft has offered...