elite controller 2, right trigger button not registering constantly

Discus and support elite controller 2, right trigger button not registering constantly in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It wasn't the problem of the elite pad 2 It was the game Sorry for the hassel --------original post So we, me and my son, who only play Apex... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by pVADA Ignition, Jul 1, 2022.

1. elite controller 2, right trigger button not registering constantly

It wasn't the problem of the elite pad 2

It was the game

Sorry for the hassel

--------original post

So we, me and my son, who only play Apex legends on XSX, bought 2 elite controllers the other day.

We loved the controllers but soon we realized that one of the elite controllers was not firing constantly.

So I recorded a video and showed it to the seller and sent the unit back to him

This is the video I took to show the seller

I was comparing the good one(first pad) and the bad one(the second pad), you'll see that the second one is not firing constantly

I bet It will also drive you crazy when you witness this happening in your hand

And guess what

today I found the same problem happening on the other controller too

It happens to the 2 elite controllers I bought so I am kinda assuming this is universal

and since I couldn't find any thread concerning this issue on the Internet I'll explain a bit more on how to reproduce it.

Go to Apex legends shooting range

again, this is the only game I play but I'm pretty sure this will happen in other games too

Choose a weapon like P2020 or Hamlock that could do rapid single fire

And shoot it constantly while checking the bullet remainders

try it for a couple of clips and you'll see what I mean

It's not firing constantly and sometimes it ignores the press completely for like one second

I compared them with my 4th gen xbox pads which I own a bunch

and they all works and fires perfectly

Did any of you experience the same issue?

Could this be corrected with an update?

This is driving me crazy I am so close to returning them

:)

pVADA Ignition, Jul 1, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Pvada

That's odd, is this happening only when you did specifically the single fire constantly?
    worth it trying with another game just to test.
    But as you said this is happening only with elite controllers, could be a bug with the newest firmware.

In that case the best option will be share this feedback with Xbox team, in case you need how to do it, I'll share the link:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/m...

Greetings from another Microsoft user!
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

No problem pVADA!
    At least we already know that your controllers are completely fine

Take care and happy gaming!
  4. pVADA Ignition Win User

Thank you for your reply

After some research on the Internet

It turned out to be the problem of the game; Apex legends.

I found many who are suffering from similar issues

Coincidently I bought the elite pads when they had the problematic update

And This also happened on regular controllers on certain situations

So it was my brain that was a lemon, not the pad

Thank you again
  5. Tucker D Dawg Win User

elite series 2 controller

Used elite first gen for years and just got good at replacing broken bumpers. I had high hopes for the elite 2 but sadly my elite 2 right bumper clicks but doesnt register input most of the time after only 2 months.

submitted warranty claim, and will have them replace it - but even though i prefer the feel of the sticks and triggers on the msft controller, i am switching to razor wolverine.

not matter how good it feels if a contoller doesnt control, its worthless.
  6. Kain3984 Win User

Elite controller 2 trigger stops not working

So the hair trigger lvl on my controller registers nothing no matter what I change it too on the app. the first and 2nd lvls if the trigger stop works fine. the third registers nothing no matter what I set the dead zones to. Is there anything I
    can try before i exchange this for another one?
    I'm having the exact same issue with my Elite 2 which arrived yesterday. Hair triggers do not work for either side. Have updated the firmware on the controller and when setting the triggers to hair trigger neither of them registers anything, even in the Xbox
    accesories testing app. Very frustrating.
Thema:

1. elite controller 2, right trigger button not registering constantly - Similar Threads - elite controller right

2. When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is...: When my controller (Xbox Elite Series 2) is in hair-trigger mode and I push down and continue to push down it makes this weird squeaking noise. This does not happen with my left trigger. I have...
  3. Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?: Since customer support was unable to help me I figure I would try here before deciding whether or not to buy anymore Xbox hardware. I've had 2 Xbox elite 2 controllers stop working. Both had the...
  4. Elite Controller Series 2 right bumper inconsistency

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller Series 2 right bumper inconsistency: To whoever reads this, I have had my elite controller series 2 for over a year now and I’ve had to already send it back once before for the same issue I’m currently experiencing, my right bumper...
  5. My Xbox elite controller paddles fall off on the right paddles

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox elite controller paddles fall off on the right paddles: My elite controller paddles fall off/wiggly when I put them on in the right side . 8d58380d-1f62-4b50-8fe9-e79ad39673e8
  6. My elite series 2 controller disconnects whenever I press the right analog stick

in XBoX on Consoles
    My elite series 2 controller disconnects whenever I press the right analog stick: Hello I have recently purchased an Elite series 2 controller. I have had a elite series 2 in the pass and I have the same problem. Whenever I simply press down on the right anolag stick it just...
  7. Elite Controller gen 2 right bumper unresponsive again

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller gen 2 right bumper unresponsive again: This is the second gen 2 elite controller after having my first one have the exact same issue and needing to have it replaced. My right bumper has started to be more and more unresponsive, this...
  8. Elite Controller 2 Core - Right stick doesn't hold firmly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller 2 Core - Right stick doesn't hold firmly: Hi! I've just received my new sealed Elite Controller 2 Core and noticed the following defect: The right stick base is not magnetic at all. Left stick is holding okay, but the right one can be...
  9. Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click: Does anyone have a solution to stop the Elite Series 2 left stick controller's movement from disabling the right mouse click? I'm trying use the controller in my left hand and the mouse in my...
  10. elite 2 controller right trigger faulty sensitive

in XBoX on Consoles
    elite 2 controller right trigger faulty sensitive: hi there. so i bought my first elite 2 controller to use on my pc ,and i was so excited untill. im usualy play racing games , the problem is When i pull right trigger half the way , in test app ,...