Elite Controller 2 problems on pc

Discus and support Elite Controller 2 problems on pc in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I use Xbox game pass ultimate, and an elite controller series 2 which I have recently purchased. Whenever I play games on steam, the controller... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tom Milner, Oct 25, 2022.

1. Tom Milner
    Tom Milner Guest

Hi,

I use Xbox game pass ultimate, and an elite controller series 2 which I have recently purchased. Whenever I play games on steam, the controller works perfectly, but for any games I download using ultimate on the Xbox app, the controller goes haywire! Thumb sticks don’t work properly, buttons doing two things at once and sometimes mapped incorrectly, even though they work on the steam platform. This happens on every single game I download on the Xbox app and try to use the controller on. I’ve updated the firmware but still the same. Can someone give me an answer on how to rectify this because it really is pointless having ultimate at the moment when I can’t play any game. Thanks

:)

Tom Milner, Oct 25, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi Tom
    I'm glad to know that turning off the steam input feature solved the problem!

Don't hesitate to reach the community forums if you need help in the future
    For now take care and have a good day

If you found my previous reply helpful, feel free to mark it selecting Yes or No
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Tom

Please try reinstalling your controller driver:
    Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager > search something like Xbox controller category (or similar) > expand the category using the little arrow (">") > select delete/uninstall driver

Click OK, restart your PC and reconnect the controller.

If the issue persists, reinstall Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator driver.

You can do it following previous steps, but now select Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator.

Can take a while, would be great to wait up to 15 minutes before trying again

If the issue persist, may i know if this problem is happening no matter if the controller is connected via cable or bluetooth?
  4. Tom Milner Win User

Thanks Josef,

Watch actually steam that was causing the interference! Not ideal as I usually have both running, but that’s life!

Thanks for the help
  5. Tom Milner Win User

Hi Josef,

Thanks for your reply, I’ve tried everything you have said, and reinstalled drivers etc but this still happens on every game downloaded through the Xbox app wireless and connected via cable. It’s starting to get very very annoying now as I really cannot play any game! I’ve even tried reinstalling games and the same thing happens.

Thanks
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thanks for the extra info

May I know if you tried disabling the Steam controller input feature?
    Just in case it's the one causing this interference

If yes and if the issue persist, try this:

A. Open task manager > select the startup tab > disable all the programs listed there temporarily
    Restart the PC and try again

B. Do a clean boot in your PC and try again (is like option A but deeper)
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-t...
Thema:

1. Elite Controller 2 problems on pc - Similar Threads - Elite Controller problems

2. When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...: A little less than a year ago I purchased a custom Elite Controller Series 2 from Xbox Design Lab, complete with a custom engraving. When I contacted Xbox Support, the person on the phone ensured...
  3. Im having problems with my xbox elite core controller. My bottom left paddle button when i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im having problems with my xbox elite core controller. My bottom left paddle button when i...: Is there any way to resolve this issue? b9dd45c2-10df-4372-b52d-05338aeaeb89
  4. Hi so I have this strange problem with my elite series 2 controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi so I have this strange problem with my elite series 2 controller.: [img] I’ll post an image so everyone can see what i’m talking about but the top layer of metal on the joystick is bending upward. I’m not really sure how this happened. I’m assuming it’s just from...
  5. Xbox Elite 2 controller problems on windows

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite 2 controller problems on windows: So I’ve had nothing but problems with this controller I currently have it plugged in with USB I have the accessories app, and the accessories app recognizes the controller as XBOX ELITE 2 Yet...
  6. Xbox Elite Controller 2 - Stick Drift & Button Problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller 2 - Stick Drift & Button Problems: Hi there, I am currently experiencing some problems with my Xbox Elite Controller 2. The current problems I am facing are: - Horrible stick drift on both thumb sticks, even with dead zones...
  7. Hey my elite controller 2 is having problems where the controller is on. But the controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hey my elite controller 2 is having problems where the controller is on. But the controller...: It's been happening for the past week or 2 f84f0881-0c1b-4606-b2db-c2b23dabeda7
  8. XBOX Elite Series 2 Controller RB Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Elite Series 2 Controller RB Problem: I bought an Xbox Elite Series 2 controller in Colombia in February of this year. I recently discovered that the RB button is failing. The controller is in perfect condition and has very little...
  9. I have a problem with 2 black elite series 2 controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a problem with 2 black elite series 2 controllers: I have a problem with 2 elite series 2 black controllers they both still have the 1 year warranty however on 1 the grip is falling off and the other the left stick keeps getting stuck I asked the...
  10. Does anyone have the problem with the elite series 2 controller. The A button is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone have the problem with the elite series 2 controller. The A button is...: the A button if you press it fast it stop working for a second. 5d87eed7-4916-4a67-b983-7f265070a34c