Elite controller 2 keeps randomly switching off

Discus and support Elite controller 2 keeps randomly switching off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It's been happening for a couple of months. Every other time I play (on Xbox or PC), it randomly turns itself off midgame. The controller is fully... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Cougar Ric, Oct 29, 2022.

1. Cougar Ric
    Cougar Ric Guest

It's been happening for a couple of months. Every other time I play (on Xbox or PC), it randomly turns itself off midgame. The controller is fully charged and the game I play is not the same each time. When it happens on Xbox, it kicks me out of whatever online game I am playing. Really frustrating.

:)

Cougar Ric, Oct 29, 2022
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hello Cougar Ric,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand that you are having issues with your Elite controller 2 that keeps on switching off even though it is fully charge and as per description it randomly happens. Let us check on this together and sort this out. We will assist you with your concern and help you back to gaming.

Step 1: Please go to this link. Troubleshoot your Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support and find some fixes on "my controller keeps getting disconnected" section.

Last step: Try to see before replacing controller if reverting firmware helps My Xbox controller has connection issues after the last update | Xbox Support.

If it still has trouble, go to Microsoft account | Devices to request a replacement.

[​IMG]

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know. We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Have a great day ahead.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hello Cougar Ric,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. ALPHA FREEHALL Win User

Elite Series 2 Controller Turns off Randomly

To check the status of your product warranty, you must register your device, with the serial number of your control. He hope that can help you.
  5. whyayemincepie Win User

xbox one keeps randomly switching off.

6. aUK TOP MAN Win User

xbox one keeps randomly switching off.

Have you found out the reason at all because mine keps on doing the same thing . Thanks
Thema:

1. Elite controller 2 keeps randomly switching off - Similar Threads - Elite controller keeps

2. My Xbox elite controller keeps on disconnecting from my Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox elite controller keeps on disconnecting from my Xbox one: My Xbox elite controller keeps on disconnecting from my Xbox one. I did the controller update and it still keeps on disconnecting f5c6c4c6-4349-4ba3-8930-88169baaeceb
  3. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when I press and hold any button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when I press and hold any button: I recently bought an Elite Xbox Series 2 controller for my PC, and I ran into an issue where every time I press and hold (edit: any button), the controller would briefly disconnect (no input, xbox...
  4. My Elite Series 2 controller keeps turning off and on... How do I fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Elite Series 2 controller keeps turning off and on... How do I fix it?: All the solutions ive found online dont work... When i plug it into my console it stays on but the console doesnt detect it... 22e307cf-6d65-4fa8-a6d5-974c2e4109a1
  5. XBOX Elite Series 2 wireless controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Elite Series 2 wireless controller keeps disconnecting: Hello i recently got a brand new XBOX Elite Series 2 wireless controller to play games from the game pass on my pc wirelessly. But i was annoyed that my controller keeps disconnecting after 5min...
  6. Elite Controller Keeps disconnecting USB hub

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller Keeps disconnecting USB hub: For some reason whenever I use my Elite Controller sometimes it messes up the usb hub on my motherboard. I don't really understand what's going on... The controller works perfectly fine on the...
  7. Why does my Xbox elite core 2 controller keep disconnecting from my xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox elite core 2 controller keep disconnecting from my xbox?: My fairly new xbox elite core 2 keeps disconnecting in the middle of games. I've tried using the USB which worked for a short time but kept disconnecting in the end. I checked of the controller...
  8. My series 2 elite controller keeps telling me to update it updates and then it tells me to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series 2 elite controller keeps telling me to update it updates and then it tells me to...: My series 2 elite controller when when I start console up it's fine. You can remap the buttons, no problem and use it in game as well. The big problem is when you go to map the buttons it asked...
  9. Xbox Series X Elite 2 and factory controller keep disconnecting for weeks now with no...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Elite 2 and factory controller keep disconnecting for weeks now with no...: What I’ve tried: 1. Power cycle controllers (Charged the controller fully, replaced the batteries with new ones on the factory controller) 2. Power cycle the console and checked for update to both...
  10. Elite Series 2 Controller keeps "disconnecting"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller keeps "disconnecting": Elite Series 2 Controller keeps "disconnecting" but the controller is hard-wired to my PC and Xbox (tested with both). It randomly stops responding as if its disconnected but the light is on the...