Elite controller 2.0 thinks the view button is constantly being held down even though im...

Discus and support Elite controller 2.0 thinks the view button is constantly being held down even though im... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This problem has occurred randomly without any reason when i was playing, my controller thinks that i am holding down the view button even though i am... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Asianbob4947, Feb 21, 2023.

1. Asianbob4947
    Asianbob4947 Guest

Elite controller 2.0 thinks the view button is constantly being held down even though im...

This problem has occurred randomly without any reason when i was playing, my controller thinks that i am holding down the view button even though i am not. This has the xbox menu to skip 3-4 spots whenever scrolling down anywhere except games and apps.This also causes whatever the view button is binded on to randomly pop up whenever im playing games.

:)

Asianbob4947, Feb 21, 2023
  2. John P_14 Win User

Elite controller 2.0 thinks the view button is constantly being held down even though im not pressing it?

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

I understand you're having trouble with your Elite Controller 2.0 because it thinks the view button is constantly pressed even when you're not. This problem appears to cause your Xbox menu to skip 3-4 spots whenever you scroll down anywhere other than games and apps. It also causes whatever the view button is bound to appear at random while playing games.

I recommend that you try resetting your controller using the following steps:

1. Switch off your console.

2. While your controller is still connected, press and hold the Xbox Guide button for 5 seconds, or until the light on the top of your controller starts flashing rapidly.

3. Your console should now restart, allowing you to re-sync the controller and, hopefully, resolve any issues you were having.

If this does not help, please see our troubleshooting guide at https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne....
  3. GreenOnGo Win User

Something went wrong error.

Im still confused. You turned on your xbox, then just held down on the xbox button on your controller then also held down on the xbox button?
  4. {Parity} Win User

Xbox controller not registering that buttons are being held down

Try performing the hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back in and restart
    the console.
  5. The Viral Cyrix Win User

Xbox controller not registering that buttons are being held down

Try going to the controllers and accessories section in your xbox settings and see if a firmware update is available for your controller.

May I also ask which game you are having this issue with??
  6. EllisBarratt Win User

Games only recognising controller when buttons pressed.

Currently using DS4Windows. Disabled and enabled the controller and the same thing occurs.
    After checking DS4, all inputs work fine. On some games, the controller continually scrolls through menu buttons (as if the stick is down even though it isn't, and it doesn't say it is on DS4), and on other games such as forza the controller is only recognised when a button is held.
Thema:

1. Elite controller 2.0 thinks the view button is constantly being held down even though im... - Similar Threads - Elite controller thinks

2. Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...: I would like to purchase an extended warranty for my Xbox Series X Elite 2 Design Lab crafted controller. As I saw on Reddit and some other sources that you could purchase an extended warranty for...
  3. was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...

in XBoX on Consoles
    was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...: was playing a game on gaming pc windows 10 and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go down to device says Bluetooth turned off cant seem to find anywhere to turn back...
  4. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...
  5. Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?: Hello, I was recently saving some Microsoft rewards points and I was wondering if with Microsoft gift cards redeemed with Microsoft rewards points, I could actually buy a new Elite Series 2...
  6. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  7. Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.: I purchased an Xbox one elite controller series 2 on March 22nd and it came with stick drift right out the box. The B button didn’t work either. I brought it back and they gave me a new one. Still...
  8. Elite 2 controller power and mode lights cycle flashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 controller power and mode lights cycle flashing: I have an elite 2 controller less than 6 months old. I was playing a game that froze hard and required me to hard shut off my xbox and now the controller won't turn on but it's charge light...
  9. Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.: Hi, my xbox elite series 2 controller will not power on unless I 'Jump Start' the controller. Basically, plug it in, power on and unplug it. If it is off for longer than 1 min, I will not be able...
  10. Elite 2 controller battery won't charge

in XBoX on Windows
    Elite 2 controller battery won't charge: Hi everyone, The battery of my Elite 2 controller is not being charged anymore. I play on a computer that has a wired controller. The battery has a lifespan of approximately 20 to 50 minutes. I...