Elite 2 core controller left thumbstick magnetic field weak

Discus and support Elite 2 core controller left thumbstick magnetic field weak in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! I just got an elite 2 core as a birthday gift and while checking it out I notice the removable thumbstick magnet is much stronger on the right... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kiiszo, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Kiiszo
    Kiiszo Guest

Hello!

I just got an elite 2 core as a birthday gift and while checking it out I notice the removable thumbstick magnet is much stronger on the right thumbstick while the left one is barely magnetic. I assume this isn't normal, do i need a replacement?

:)

Kiiszo, Mar 21, 2023
  2. Lavenia A. Win User

Elite 2 core controller left thumbstick magnet weak

Hi Kiiszo,

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Community. We appreciate for sharing your concern to us.

I am aware of how important it is for you to have good working controller to enjoy playing with your Xbox. If you're within the warranty period, you can submit a repair for your controller. Repair process is best handled by our live support team. Kindly follow the steps below to contact our live support team:

• Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    • Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    • If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the lists.
    • Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    • Select the "Contact Us" button.
    • Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    • The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    • On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    • If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    • Should you be encountering issues contacting support, you may try InPrivate Window of your browser, other browser, different device/s or connect to different network.

Wishing you all the best!

Kind regards,

Lavenia
  3. LeGiTxxPunkSteR Win User

xbox one elite controller

My first elite controller broke in the first week, the left thumbstick internal snapped, hopefully the series 2 controller is good
  4. NeoDan123 Win User

Xbox elite controller 2

Each Elite controller series 2 comes with 1 set of paddles. You can order replacement paddles, thumbsticks etc.

Series 1 paddles, thumbsticks is not compatible with series 2.
  5. minshaaa Win User

Requesting replacement Xbox One Elite Controller

My Elite controller broke after about 13 months? One of the analog sticks wasn't responding correctly. I contacted support to be told that they could not do anything about the controller as it was over a year of ownership. They tried to sell me a pack of
    new magnetic tips for the controller--the support agent didn't seem to undertand that it was the hardware that was malfunctioning.

I don't remember exactly what was wrong with the controller--one of the thumbsticks wasn't responsive or was maybe too responsive... got stuck in one position. I was able to switch the left thubstick for the right thumbstick by opening the controller up
    and messing with it's guts. I may have placed a piece of tape or a drop of glue to hold the thumbstick in place.

I found instructions to open it on a youtube channel. I figured if it was broken/unresponsive anyway and microsofts solution was to tell me to kick rocks I was going to have to buy a new one or fix it myself.
  6. MattyMidway Win User

Assurance ?

The controllers are not typically under warranty (covered by insurance as you've put it). The system is under a limited 1 year warranty from the date of purchase but accessories other than the Kinect aren't really covered. The Elite controller has some
    accessories like the magnetized thumbsticks and underside buttons but that is really it. Check the link below for more information.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/browse/xbox-one/warranties-and-repair
Thema:

1. Elite 2 core controller left thumbstick magnetic field weak - Similar Threads - Elite core controller

2. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  3. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues: So my controller is becoming unresponsive, at times no form of input gets a response and sometimes just straight up disconnects. Pad is always connected via USB cable, never via Bluetooth. I've...
  4. Im having problems with my xbox elite core controller. My bottom left paddle button when i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im having problems with my xbox elite core controller. My bottom left paddle button when i...: Is there any way to resolve this issue? b9dd45c2-10df-4372-b52d-05338aeaeb89
  5. Newly Purchased Xbox Elite Core Controller - Update Challenge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Newly Purchased Xbox Elite Core Controller - Update Challenge: Hey Microsoft Support team, Hope you're doing awesome! Just got myself the new Xbox Elite Core Controller and the kit with it too, and I'm super excited about it. However, I'm hitting a little...
  6. Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC: I just bought an Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core for my PC use. The Bluetooth works fine at the beginning. But the Xbox bar shows up whenever I push the A button. So I...
  7. I have went to argos twice to buy a elite series 2 core controller but both times they have...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have went to argos twice to buy a elite series 2 core controller but both times they have...: I have went to argos twice to buy a elite series 2 core controller but both times they have came out of the box with a wobbly and broken right stick b2106119-3ac3-41fd-9220-c0c9f5a83d2c
  8. ive brought a elite control series 2 core white off amazon about a week ago and the left...

in XBoX on Consoles
    ive brought a elite control series 2 core white off amazon about a week ago and the left...: if i move the stick in a anti clockwise rotation it becomes really stiff and right side of the stick basically locks up, if i spin it in the opposite direction it feels like a brand new controller...
  9. Elite series 2 core controller left hair trigger is unreliable.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 core controller left hair trigger is unreliable.: I just got an elite series 2 core controller for my birthday, and J was excited to use it on COD. My excitement pretty much vanishes when I realized that when aiming in any game (COD warzone, GTA,...
  10. Elite Controller 2 Core - Right stick doesn't hold firmly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller 2 Core - Right stick doesn't hold firmly: Hi! I've just received my new sealed Elite Controller 2 Core and noticed the following defect: The right stick base is not magnetic at all. Left stick is holding okay, but the right one can be...