Elite 2 controller not registering half button presses

Discus and support Elite 2 controller not registering half button presses in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’ve been fighting with my elite 2 controller, find it ridiculous that it works much worse than the bundled controller. My controller is up to date,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Matt Snowe, Dec 3, 2022.

1. Matt Snowe
    Matt Snowe Guest

I’ve been fighting with my elite 2 controller, find it ridiculous that it works much worse than the bundled controller. My controller is up to date, I’m assuming this may be defective or a known issue? Wondering if I should mess with syncing to a PC and doing a firmware update?

:)

Matt Snowe, Dec 3, 2022
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello Matt Snowe,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today, and we hope that all is well. I can see that you are having difficulties with your Elite 2 Controllers. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

We will first do our research so we can give you concrete answers about what is causing the problem.

However, in your isolated case, we’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you. To start, please provide us information/answer on the following questions:

• If you are on a PC, may I ask for Xbox app and Gaming services version?
      • Xbox app > select Profile picture > Settings > About.
    • Current version and edition of Windows Installed? (Search for WINVER in Windows search to see this)
    • Is this the first time you are connecting the controller to a PC?
    • Or this has work before?

So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

Connect an Xbox Wireless Controller to a Windows device

Connect an Xbox Wireless Controller to a Windows device | Xbox Support

Troubleshoot your Xbox Wireless Controller

Troubleshoot your Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.
  4. TheRobotHunter Win User

Xbox Elite Series 2 controller unresponsive buttons

I think it really depends on how you play. For me, all three of the Xbox Elite Series 2 I have had has had the same issue with the A button. That's right, I've gotten it replaced twice. If you press the A button straight down, or fairly hard, it will register.
    But if you press it somewhat lightly at an angle, it wont register even with the tactile bump and audible click. If youre curious to see Imwhat im im talking about, imagine your A button is a control stick and "move" it to the bottom left, then press A. I'm
    forced to keep sending these in until MS figures this out. Not even the non Elite version of this controller has this problem, there really is no excuse.
  5. DrWaffle Win User

Xbox One controllers and the "A" button

I came here bc I’ve been having problems with my Elite 2 controller and its A button. Had a similar problems with two previous controllers. Strange bc the controller that came with my Xbone was great and lasted me like 5 years. I only had to replace it last
    year finally after it had taken too many beatings.

the first controller i got, a wired, third party one, was fine for about a month. Then it started to show signs of drift and the A button press not registering. I put up with it briefly and then bought an open box off ebay. That also worked briefly until
    drift and weak buttons.

finally bought a brand new white xbox one controller. All was well for a little while, but i definitely noticed the weak A button. Was gifted an Elite 2 and i was hoping that would solve this problem. I love the controller, but the fact that it too has a
    weak A button is a bit frustrating. Doubtful, but could this be patched in a firmware update? Occasionally frustrating when it doesn’t register the A button press.
  6. John P_14 Win User

My Xbox elite series 2 controller paddle doesn’t register

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

I apologize for the issue you're experiencing with your Xbox Elite Series 2 controller. Kindly follow the steps below to try to resolve the issue:

1. Make sure the controller is updated to the latest firmware. To do this, follow these steps:

2. Make sure the paddles are properly attached to the controller. If the paddles are not properly attached, they may not register when pressed.

3. Check the preset configuration for the paddles. Go to "Settings" and select "Devices & streaming," then choose "Accessories" and select your Elite Series 2 controller. From there, you can adjust the preset configuration for the paddles.

4. If none of the above steps resolve the issue, you may need to reset the controller. To do this, follow these steps:

- Press and hold the small sync button on the top of the controller until the Xbox button flashes.

- Let go of the sync button.

- Press and hold the sync button on the controller again until the Xbox button stops flashing.

If you continue to experience issues with the paddles on your Elite Series 2 controller, you may need to contact Xbox Support for further assistance.
Thema:

1. Elite 2 controller not registering half button presses - Similar Threads - Elite controller registering

2. How to register extended warranty for elite 2 controller

in XBoX on Windows
    How to register extended warranty for elite 2 controller: How to register extended warranty for elite 2 controller? I pruchases the warranty and controller at the same time...
  3. Elite series 2 controller not registering right input when thumb know fitted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 controller not registering right input when thumb know fitted: As in the question when a know is fitted to the left joystick there is no right input. Worked perfectly fine the day prior to posting question and just not today. When removed works perfectly...
  4. Having issues registering Elite Series 2 controller as new device using the serial number????

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having issues registering Elite Series 2 controller as new device using the serial number????: Having issues registering Elite Series 2 controller as new device using the series number. I am looking at the serial number on the back of my official Xbox Elite Series 2 controller and trying to...
  5. Computer accepts Elite Series 2 Controller exists, but doesn't register inputs (nor in Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Computer accepts Elite Series 2 Controller exists, but doesn't register inputs (nor in Xbox...: Bit of a weird one this. Been enjoying the new controller for a few weeks, no issues. Suddenly, mid-session, my game started behaving as if I don't have a controller connected. (CoD, probably not...
  6. My elite controller series 2 can't be registered

in XBoX on Consoles
    My elite controller series 2 can't be registered: My Xbox elite series 2 that I bought using Microsoft says it's not valid & to try again. My right bumper won't work & I've troubleshooted everything I can & need to use the warranty...
  7. Computer accepts Elite Series 2 Controller exists, but doesn't register inputs (nor in Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Computer accepts Elite Series 2 Controller exists, but doesn't register inputs (nor in Xbox...: Bit of a weird one this. Been enjoying the new controller for a few weeks, no issues. Suddenly, mid-session, my game started behaving as if I don't have a controller connected. (CoD, probably not...
  8. Purchased new, sealed elite 2 controller today and registered for warranty but says...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Purchased new, sealed elite 2 controller today and registered for warranty but says...: I purchased a new, sealed Xbox elite 2 core controller yesterday from a retailer (GameStop) and it is showing as having been registered over 3 months ago. I know GameStop has tons of used items...
  9. I cannot register my Xbox Elite Controller anymore, but I am eligible for warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot register my Xbox Elite Controller anymore, but I am eligible for warranty: Hi, as you know Microsofts QA is horrible. I bought a Elite Controller 2 months ago and it started double clicking on R1 out of the blue. This issue seems to not have a fix (thanks Microsoft)...
  10. Why can't I register my Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I register my Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller?: When I try to register the controller, it tells me to check the serial number and try again. (I've had the controller connected to my Xbox for a week and I've input it correctly several times)....