Electricity Power Brick Problem

Discus and support Electricity Power Brick Problem in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi. I am having problems with my Xbox one power brick. My problem is that whenever I plug in my Xbox power brick in any socket that works, it shuts... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Appolo74, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Appolo74
    Appolo74 Guest

Hi. I am having problems with my Xbox one power brick. My problem is that whenever I plug in my Xbox power brick in any socket that works, it shuts that floor's electricity down, so none of the other sockets there work. I tried plugging the Xbox power
    brick plug without it being connected to the actual power brick, and it worked. As soon as I plug the brick connector to it though, the electricity goes. This problem only happens for the Xbox plug, everything else is fine. Microsoft don't have any solutions
    for it, so I would be grateful for any feedback from anyone. This problem occurred on Tuesday the 3rd of March. Occurred out of nowhere, when The electricity went out, and when I unplugged the Xbox power brick and hit the switch back up for the electricity,
    it was all back. Thank you for reading.

:)

Appolo74, Mar 13, 2020
  2. Appolo74 Win User

Yes, whenever I try another device in the same socket e.g. Wii U, it runs just fine. The problem is rather likely to be in my brick.
  3. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Have you tried getting a surge protector to prevent devices that use a lot of power when plugged into the wall from doing just that, causing a power surge? You can find them pretty cheap just about anywhere that carries electronics.

https://www.amazon.com/Surge-Protectors/b?node=761520

I'd also recommend calling up your power company to see if maybe you have faulty wiring/fault outlets in your home. If a surge protector doesn't help, then a power adaptor of some sort may be warranted of use.
  4. CyKoBiOhAzArD Win User

It sounds like you either have a short circuit or you are overloading the circuit breakers. I know it sounds wierd but try unplugging a few items on that floor and try again. If it shorts the system again you probably need a new brick. If it doesn't then
    you are just overloading.

Good luck
  5. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Well that kind of leaves me stumped, man. A power adaptor into a lower wattage may help to some degree but it may not be needed if you already have a surge protector as I believe most surge protectors have a lower wattage adaptor already built in.

If you don't think it could be something faulty with the wiring or circuits in your house may I propose getting a new power brick outright? If your console is about to turn five, you won't be able to get it fixed/get a new one under warranty. I think GameStop
    or your local video game retailer will probably have some extra power bricks super cheap for sure.
  6. Appolo74 Win User

I currently do use a surge protector, the problem occurred when it was plugged into one. I do not think faulty wiring is the problem, as sometimes I unplug so many things on the floor, and vice versa and the Xbox brick is still the problem. It may be warranted,
    as it was going to turn 5 years old in May. Thanks for the advice.
Thema:

1. Electricity Power Brick Problem - Similar Threads - Electricity Power Brick

2. Model 1914 controller no longer functions under battery power after update to firmware...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Model 1914 controller no longer functions under battery power after update to firmware...: After deciding to update firmware (update was successful) on my model 1914 controller using Windows Xbox accessories app, when under battery power, the xbox button blinks rapidly and the...
  3. i have an x box one s, and when powered off it is making an electrical ticking noise. i...

in XBoX on Windows
    i have an x box one s, and when powered off it is making an electrical ticking noise. i...: hi, i have an x box one s, and when powered off is making a faint but audible electrical ticking noise. i have checked it is in energy saving mode but is still making the noise. the noise goes...
  4. Series x thinks im connected to Ethernet when im not, part 2 electric boogaloo

in XboX Insiders
    Series x thinks im connected to Ethernet when im not, part 2 electric boogaloo: Tried to turn on my xbox today and it wont let me connect to wifi. Did all the troubleshooting tips i found online. Then stumbled upon a post from this sub where an apparent xbox employee respoded...
  5. About xbox series s electric power

in XBoX Accessibility
    About xbox series s electric power: Hi, I bought a xbox series s from usa america. But i wanna use it in turkey. There is general electrocity difgerence between turkey and america. As i see the power cable shows nearly 120 watt but...
  6. I couldn't verify my Xbox Electric Volt joystick

in XBoX on Consoles
    I couldn't verify my Xbox Electric Volt joystick: I couldn't verify my Xbox Electric Volt joystick 962e296e-00f4-4457-afa3-20032897164d
  7. 3 days ago I hear a weird electrical noise, as I look up I see the lights in the room...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    3 days ago I hear a weird electrical noise, as I look up I see the lights in the room...: 3/4 days ago I hear a weird electrical noise, as I look up I see the lights in the room flicker and My Xbox Series X starts smoking! I jump up and and started unplugging everything from the power...
  8. Anybody else getting a smell of electrical fire and their console Xbox series x since the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anybody else getting a smell of electrical fire and their console Xbox series x since the...: Since the latest console update my console smells like burning plastic mixed with an electrical fire with the added bonus of a hair dryer smell. It's messed me up I've been having medical issues...
  9. I recently got a series s from Liverpool and I have a query regarding electricity.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I recently got a series s from Liverpool and I have a query regarding electricity.: So I recently got a series s from Liverpool and I'm from Pakistan where the electricity is 220volts. Is there a way I can check on the Xbox on how much volts it requires before I short circuit it...
  10. Xbox is triggering my room's electric supply breaker to turn off

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox is triggering my room's electric supply breaker to turn off: Whenever i plug in my Xbox Series S to the outlet it causes the main supply of electricity to trip the breakers down, tried different outlets same issue happens, all the other appliances run fine....