EA linking in XBOX app has gone wrong

Discus and support EA linking in XBOX app has gone wrong in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello there. My son tried to link his EA account in XBOX on pc and he has no idea what went wrong but it has. In the account settings in the links the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by GarethIrwin1, Oct 23, 2022.

1. GarethIrwin1
    GarethIrwin1 Guest

Hello there.

My son tried to link his EA account in XBOX on pc and he has no idea what went wrong but it has. In the account settings in the links the EA one has 'manage' next to it which I assumed means its linked however he cannot play any games in XBOX from EA and furthermore in the EA App most of the games are stating 'currently unavailable'. If he restarts the pc and immediatly loads XBOX and clicks on 'open in app' for an EA game, the EA app will open and the credentials are correct. Sometimes he can get a game running before everything catches up and gets confused again!

If we click 'manage' in the links bit, it goes to a help page on EA on how to link an account as if to suggest it is infact not linked, but we are just going round in circles we can find no way to unlink and start again because XBOX seems to think it is linked but EA thinks its not, in the EA app it does not show XBOX as connected.

We are at our whits end, we cannot even find a way to get ea support it only offers support for games.

Any hints here would be great, I am happy to reinstall XBOX but I am worried its now some how half linked in the cloud so we will be back to square one.

:)

GarethIrwin1, Oct 23, 2022
  2. GarethIrwin1 Win User

Yes thats the page we get taken too. It goes no further.

We have worked out possibly what is wrong and its to do with EA, I think, he managed to set up a new account with the same handle (How is that possible!) but the email was created by EA and is anonymous. He did not jot it down so has no idea what it was.

Sigh.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, how did he created the account?
    Via EA webpage and pressing the Xbox option?
    So, right now he doesn't have access to this unknown account?
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Gareth

May i know if you already tried re-linking the accounts again directly from the EA website and following the steps here?
    https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/link-your-c...

Let me know how it goes
  5. OpticRJames Win User

i own the game pass but wont let me play, what do i do?

Please use the EA app instead to download the game. You can download it from this link, https://www.ea.com/ea-app.

Make sure that the Xbox account and EA accounts are linked.
  6. Francia J. Win User

Can't download EA games from Game pass

Thank you for letting me know. Let's check if the correct EA account is linked to your Xbox profile.

On your EA Desktop App please follow the steps below:

Go to Settings, under my account you will see "manage", you will be redirected to the EA webpage, from there go to "Connections". Please check if the Xbox profile that has an active Xbox Game Pass subscription is the one that you will see from there.

Once confirmed that the correct Xbox profile and EA profile is linked uninstall and reinstall the EA Desktop App.
Thema:

1. EA linking in XBOX app has gone wrong - Similar Threads - linking app has

2. You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link: Hello all, I've been recently having issues with playing xbox games with my friends. They would send me on invite, and I would receive a notification that they have invited me to join. However,...
  3. Get an app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Get an app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link: I'm been trying to play minecraft with my friend but I have a laptop and they both have pc and an Xbox and I when I get an invite to play with then it keep say "Get an app to open this...
  4. How to get the Xbox App to recognise Steam Apps that can open ms-xbl-multiplayer links

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to get the Xbox App to recognise Steam Apps that can open ms-xbl-multiplayer links: I just recently fully reset my PC and reinstalled Windows 10 Pro. I reinstalled Steam and the Xbox App as well as the Xbox console companion. I also installed Sea of Thieves on Steam, since this...
  5. ms-xbl-multiplayer link process app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ms-xbl-multiplayer link process app: Windows 11 22H2 22621.2134. Xbox & Xbox GameBar & Xbox Live = latest from ms-store. Reinstall or downgrade all this apps not helped. GameBar xbox: connect to friend in any game and got not...
  6. "Get a new app to open this 'xbox-settings' link."

in XBoX Accessibility
    "Get a new app to open this 'xbox-settings' link.": I'm playing minecraft Windows 10 edition, and in settings whenever i try and click "manage account" it just says "Get a new app to open this 'xbox-settings' link.". I have both xbox and xbox game...
  7. The Xbox app isn't showing the linked acounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    The Xbox app isn't showing the linked acounts: Whenever I go to the linked accounts tab in the Xbox Mobile app, it shows an error, and I can't connect my accounts. 6fc17346-f6fe-4826-9d80-4c32e6370e5d
  8. Get the app to open this link ms-xbl-multiplayer - Unable to play multiplayer game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Get the app to open this link ms-xbl-multiplayer - Unable to play multiplayer game: I get an error when I want to join a friend in the game sea of thives bb9d09bc-ddf6-4a0f-894a-4b90d82e23b0
  9. I can't find the Microsoft Account that is linked to my Xbox App.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't find the Microsoft Account that is linked to my Xbox App.: I'm trying to cancel my Xbox Gamepass subscription but when I click manage it sends me to a Microsoft account that doesn't show the subscription, meaning I can't cancel it, and I don' know the...
  10. The XBOX App on PC has now a link to the XBOX Insider Hub on PC (if installed). Makes our...

in XboX Insiders
    The XBOX App on PC has now a link to the XBOX Insider Hub on PC (if installed). Makes our...: Looks like this! submitted by /u/Pschirki [link] [comments]