EA App Doesn't Launch Game From Steam and Gives "Oh Snap, It Crashed" Error

Discus and support EA App Doesn't Launch Game From Steam and Gives "Oh Snap, It Crashed" Error in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have this EA game "It Takes Two" installed on Steam, and till date, have logged 13 hours on the game, with no issues before. Just recently, every... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by sanxpen, Dec 22, 2022.

1. sanxpen
    sanxpen Guest

I have this EA game "It Takes Two" installed on Steam, and till date, have logged 13 hours on the game, with no issues before.

Just recently, every time I launch the game, it gives me the following error:
    EA App Doesn't Launch Game From Steam and Gives "Oh Snap, It Crashed" Error [​IMG]

I've done my due diligence, researched the problem online, asked the EA community, and even asked EA support, and none of their answers have helped me out. I'm asking on here as a last resort, prompted by the EA staff.

For specifics, I have a Windows 10 machine, with an NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti, and previously stated, have had no issues with the game or the EA app itself before. Only recently, this problem started coming up. I have the game installed on Steam, and launch the game on Steam, which proceeds to open up the EA app. I am not sure what other pieces of information would be useful to diagnose the situation, but please let me know what I can do to help debug or if there is something obvious I am missing! I would appreciate anyone's help on this, as I have spent countless hours trying to resolve the issue to the best of my ability.

:)

sanxpen, Dec 22, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community and Merry Christmas.

Hello Sanxpen, It's very trick because the EA App doesn't show any error codes, usually in other applications, Windows, Apps an error (number) is shown when something happens.

I don't know what procedures you've already tried on your PC, but I'm going to recommend some procedures to see if you can start your application correctly.

Have you checked if you have the latest version of Windows installed, at 22H2.

See which version of Windows 10 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

Updates are often seen as optional.

If you haven't updated yet, click the link below, update, and make all subsequent security updates.

Download Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Download Windows 11

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Also, make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed, it works with the Xbox App.

Using System File Checker in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/usi...

chkdsk

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server...

1 - Type cmd (Command Prompt) in the search bar of the Start menu and then click Run as administrator.

2 - Enter chkdsk /f/x/r/v

The system will ask you if you want to run CHKDSK after restarting the system, press S on your keyboard and then type "Exit" and restart the computer, it will scan in DOS mode.
  3. Tezzerrific Win User

uninstall the EA app and reinstall it
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Starting XBOX app on PC will automatically start the EA app as well

Hi,

EA games have to be launched directly via the EA in order to play them. If you launch them on the Xbox App, the EA app will need to run as well to launch the game. This is standard practice with PC launchers.

For example I own Mass Effect purchased via Steam. But, even if I launch it with Steam, it still loads the EA app. In which case I just launch it from the EA app instead.
  5. usernameunavailable5 Win User

Hi,

EA games have to be launched directly via the EA in order to play them. If you launch them on the Xbox App, the EA app will need to run as well to launch the game. This is standard practice with PC launchers.

For example I own Mass Effect purchased via Steam. But, even if I launch it with Steam, it still loads the EA app. In which case I just launch it from the EA app instead.
    Hi,

yea I know. When I start a Ubisoft game via steam, the Ubisoft launcher starts. It does not start automatically the moment I start steam.

However, for the XBOX app the EA launcher will start as soon as I start the xbox app, not once I start an EA game.

Right now I don't even have an EA game installed (not via xbox, not outside of it). The EA app only starts if I open the XBOX app.
  6. Tezzarrific Win User

xbox app does not launch the ea app on my pc, neither does it launch ubisoft or anything else even though all of them are connected, why because i blocked it from doing so, Microsoft have the most intrusive software on the planet.

they should be like steam, if i start an ea game then it launches ea lite, and when the game finishes it auto closes.
Thema:

1. EA App Doesn't Launch Game From Steam and Gives "Oh Snap, It Crashed" Error - Similar Threads - App Doesn't Launch

2. PC Xbox app doesn't open

in XBoX on Consoles
    PC Xbox app doesn't open: It's stuck at the logo I tried everything: -Repair/Reset Xbox app -Uninstall & Reinstall Xbox app, -Update Xbox App from store library, -Uninstall Xbox App & Install It from Xbox Website,...
  3. xbox app doesn't working

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox app doesn't working: I tried everything: Repair, Reset, unistall, nothing works, it's been for days and i'm paying for nothing ! 562ff93f-044f-4eb8-832b-e7956687225d
  4. Xbox Accessories app doesn't start anymore (´・ω・`)?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Accessories app doesn't start anymore (´・ω・`)?: https://i.imgur.com/BwsatJX.png (Image of the error message that I should update Windows, but it is already the Insider Preview ) Hi, for a few days now, I can't open the Xbox Accessories app...
  5. Sniper Elite 5 doesn't launch on Xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sniper Elite 5 doesn't launch on Xbox app: Hello, so I recently brought the game pass and I install some game like sniper elite 5 I launch it and nothing happen (has the same thing for forza so I been like "oh maybe a problem of...
  6. Xbox App doesn't launch

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox App doesn't launch: Hi, I'm trying to launch Xbox App on Windows and it doesn't work. I used it today and everything was fine, until I went dinner and when I turned on my computer and tried to launch Xbox App it...
  7. Windows 11 Xbox App doesn't launch, never.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows 11 Xbox App doesn't launch, never.: Well, my Xbox app doesn't launch when I click on, it only tries to load but after a secs it closes. I have tried to repair the app, to reset it (in Settings), to uninstall and install, and same...
  8. When I launch an installed game from de Xbox app it doesn't start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I launch an installed game from de Xbox app it doesn't start: When I launch an installed game from de Xbox app it doesn't startand launches the windows store on the Gaming services page, I already tried to uninstall and reinstall but it didn't work any....
  9. Halo Infinite doesn't launch xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Infinite doesn't launch xbox app: As of yesterday at approximately 1pm January 19th 2022, eastern time, I was unable to launch Halo Infinite from my PC. Over the next 14 hours or so, I tried numerous fixes seen on You Tube and...
  10. Xbox Accessories app doesn't launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Accessories app doesn't launch: Xbox Accessories app doesn't launch after October update to Xbox One X console. Help!! Os version: 10.0.19041.4981 The app doesn't even load, just goes full screen logo and closes. I have...