EA and Xbox linking problem

Discus and support EA and Xbox linking problem in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem. I recently buy the gamepass and tried to install Battlefield 2042. Xbox requested a connection with a EA account. I have one... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Fraaaaaaam, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Fraaaaaaam
    Fraaaaaaam Guest

Hello,

I have a problem. I recently buy the gamepass and tried to install Battlefield 2042. Xbox requested a connection with a EA account. I have one but it connects by itself to another xbox account on my old PC and EA account can only be connected to one xbox account. So I search on internet "how to unlink account" and I made it.

EA and Xbox linking problem [​IMG]

On this screenshot we can see that the old Xbox account is unlinked.

But the problem is that Xbox app still recognize the account linked to my old Xbox account.
    Firstly, I though that was a question of time to recognize it but after nearly 10 hours and multiple relauch of Xbox app, EA app and my whole PC. It still recognize my old account.

EA and Xbox linking problem [​IMG]

It's in french but it basically say:
    Linked accounts found

Your accounts cannot be linked because the EA account for ************ has already been linked to the Xbox account for ************. An EA account can only be linked to one Xbox account throughout its existence.

Go to https://help.ea.com/fr to learn more.

What can I do to finally be able to install this game ?

Sincerely,
    Fram

:)

Fraaaaaaam, Dec 5, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community.

My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor

Hope you're doing great today despite this Fram

According to the official EA unlinking FAQ website:

"You can unlink your platform accounts from your EA Account if you want to link them to a different EA Account, as long as that EA Account has never had the same account type linked to it before in its lifetime.

That means if you unlink an Xbox gamertag from your EA Account, you can’t link a different Xbox gamertag to it in the future."

Unfortunately is not possible to link a different Xbox account / gamertag, only the one that you linked at the beginning

Source:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/unlink-gami...
  3. Sun Khou Win User

Xbox-Steam EA linking Problem?

Hello

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Sincerely

Khou Sun

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Sun Khou Win User

Xbox-Steam EA linking Problem?

Hi nonya.KW.

Greetings!

We very much empathize to you after reading your current post that you're having trouble with linking your Xbox and Steam EA accounts. To clarify, are you trying to link your Xbox EA account to your Steam EA account so that you can access your expansion packs on both platforms?

On the other hand, we very much appreciate you for sharing your current concern with us. However, if we are correct that you are you trying to link your Xbox EA account to your Steam EA account so that you can access your expansion packs on both platforms.

You may need to contact EA support for assistance with this issue. In order for you to get the most relevant answers and the best solution to your current concern. They should be able to help you unlink your Xbox EA account from your mother's email and link it to your own email instead. You can reach EA support through their website. Let me know if you have any other questions.

You can also try checking the steps on how to link and unlink your EA account from different platforms: Linking your platform accounts to your EA Account /Unlink your platform accounts from your EA Account.

Or you can also try choosing different support option from the EA support page from this link: EA Help: Official Support

Note: The provided links above will route you to a game developer website which is called EA Help support page. We would like you to be always vigilant and do not click on any pop-up notifications that may show on their support site. In order for you to protect your own data privacy.

[​IMG]

Hope this helps,

Sincerely

Khou Sun

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. CarlosHoward1 Win User

Ea Account

Yes i have the same problem i cant link my EA account to xbox, I’ve follwed all the steps on EA website to link my account and nothing works.
  6. Freez343 Win User

EA Desktop does not download

Maybe this page can help you through your problem: (external link) EA Play and Xbox Game Pass. Also contact EA or Xbox for further info. Hope this helps you!
Thema:

1. EA and Xbox linking problem - Similar Threads - linking problem

2. How can I link my Xbox account to discord with out problems?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I link my Xbox account to discord with out problems?: Hello. I want to figure out how I can successfully link my discord account to my Xbox account, because every time I link them, it tells me to Re-link them. And I keep doing that, but it keeps...
  3. Xbox-Steam EA linking Problem?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox-Steam EA linking Problem?: When I got my Xbox years ago, I had to use my mother's email as I didn't have one. This has caused multiple inconveniences over the years but it has reached a breaking point. I have a Steam...
  4. Hello. I seem to have a problem with my linked accounts on the xbox app not appearing

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hello. I seem to have a problem with my linked accounts on the xbox app not appearing: The linked accounts option isn't showing where it's supposed to be on the xbox app on pc and when I go to the mobile app to get to it, it constantly says "something went wrong"....
  5. Discord account Re-link problem.

in XboX Insiders
    Discord account Re-link problem.: I'm trying to make the discord voice chat to work on my Xbox (yes I have the try discord in the group & chat section) . tried to link both using the Xbox and also by using my phone but it keeps...
  6. Pirates of the sea link problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Pirates of the sea link problem: I was playing the pirates of the sea game, playing well, suddenly dropped off the line, showing that the server was disconnected, was ready to re-join the game or disconnected...
  7. Minecraft Playstation Link Problem

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Playstation Link Problem: im playing minecraft on my ps4 and im attempting to sign in to my microsoft acc that was made for my minecraft and i dont know the email for it all I know is the username that goes by...
  8. Problème liaison Bluetooth manette Xbox one - [Translation - Problem Bluetooth link ...

in XBoX on Windows
    Problème liaison Bluetooth manette Xbox one - [Translation - Problem Bluetooth link ...: Je possède une manette Xbox one Bluetooth intégré, avec laquelle je joue sans problème depuis un peu moins d'un an. Depuis environ un mois, ma manette n'est plus détecté par le Bluetooth de mon...
  9. D-Link: im having a problem everytime i play a online match i be lagging the whole time with a ...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    D-Link: im having a problem everytime i play a online match i be lagging the whole time with a ...: D-Link (Modems/Gateways): im having a problem everytime i play a online match i be lagging the whole time with a lan cable in Hey there :) which is the speed of your connection??? have you ever...
  10. Suggested friends section Find Facebook Friends link problem issue on xbox one console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Suggested friends section Find Facebook Friends link problem issue on xbox one console: Hi I have a issue already on my xbox one is that i try to link my facebook account to xbox one to find facebook friends and i received a error message : Something went wrong there. Select Find...