E82 code, red dot.

Discus and support E82 code, red dot. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I got my xbox 360 mw3 edition out after a couple months put away. I turned it on and got the red dot (only, no ring)and E82 code. However, when I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Runswithfire, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Runswithfire
    Runswithfire Guest

E82 code, red dot.

I got my xbox 360 mw3 edition out after a couple months put away. I turned it on and got the red dot (only, no ring)and E82 code.

However, when I turn the xbox back on without the hdmi attached to the TV. The light stays green, until I reattach it to the TV. Same result using the a/v cable. Any suggestions?

:)

Runswithfire, Oct 23, 2020
  2. Siriusdish Win User

E82 code, red dot.

My guess is that the cable or port is damaged making the light go red instead of green. I remember on the original Xbox 360, 4 red rings meant the AV or HDMI cable wasn't connected properly.
  3. Runswithfire Win User

E82 code, red dot.

Appreciate the reply. Cables are definitely good. A/V cable was never used. Port possibly.
  4. ROBIN H 25 Win User

red dot on xbox 360

my xbox 360 turns red with an E82 error on screen......tried different HDMI and also different TV...please help
    The red dot seems like an Xbox 360 slim model, if it's like the same post as in this link....

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/rrod/07b1e276-4965-4c91-836a-005684ba20af

It looks like it's the Red Dot of Death, if it's a solid red dot, it's Hardware Failure as in the console has died,

Best option would be to upgrade to an Xbox One / S / X, or to save up and wait until late November - December for the Xbox Series S / X.
  5. WPAK Win User

E 82

6. WPAK Win User

xbox 360 is showing E82 and not working

Thema:

E82 code, red dot.

1. E82 code, red dot. - Similar Threads - E82 code red

2. Is it possible to code a gaming mouse using the brainded cable itself??

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible to code a gaming mouse using the brainded cable itself??: Is it possible to code a gaming mouse using the brainded cable itself?? I have a GM600 (Ant E-sports) Is there any way to do it..? b9b26253-936c-4233-8232-cbb9b3758fd3
  3. Im desperate to know how to fix code 43 on device manager (display adapter)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im desperate to know how to fix code 43 on device manager (display adapter): [img] I uninstall reinstall ,update a lot from cmd and from settings, I looked at device manager so I unabled and reinabled, I cant roll back because this was my first one it might be directx or...
  4. i keep getting error code 0x8000FFFF when i try to start a party on the XSS

in XBoX on Consoles
    i keep getting error code 0x8000FFFF when i try to start a party on the XSS: i’ve done everything i can think of and even went as far as taking my xbox apart, cleaning it, AND reapplying thermal paste. factory reset unplug for 8 hours( i full power down and unplug it...
  5. Error E82 code on Xbox 360 with red light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error E82 code on Xbox 360 with red light: I unplugged my son’s xbox 360 from the outlet and when i plugged it back in, it know has a red light and Error code E 82 pops on the screen. What can i do? Thanks for your help....
  6. Xbox 360 S I have Red dot when i plug in HDMI cord and error code E82

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S I have Red dot when i plug in HDMI cord and error code E82: when the hdmi I unplugged I have Green lights I also changed cords w/ anew one still same problem? 5e0d1f09-4d70-4535-a917-04e591a8aa0e
  7. Troubleshooting glitching then error code E82 and solid red power button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Troubleshooting glitching then error code E82 and solid red power button: Troubleshooting glitching then error code E82 and solid red power button We were all playing Xbox Kinect 360 just fine last night and today.... then all of a sudden in the middle of playing it...
  8. xbox 360 is showing E82 and not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 is showing E82 and not working: Hi All, I'm getting E82 error and unable to use my device xbox 360 S console. Tried as per xbox live faq and nothing is working. I'm trying to get repair service. But warranty peiod is over...
  9. erro:RED LIGHT and display"e82"

in XBoX on Consoles
    erro:RED LIGHT and display"e82": show RED LIGHT and display"e82" when connect to the TV through HDMI or av a59ad7fd-66dd-488a-9317-c03904b88781
  10. E82 Error

in XBoX on Consoles
    E82 Error: Hi I'm getting the above error on bootup. The Xbox powers up ok but immediately the E82 message"System Error contact Xbox customer support" appears. The centre of the power button stays red but...