E-Mail, X-Box notifications displayed in different language to account setting

Discus and support E-Mail, X-Box notifications displayed in different language to account setting in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My main language is set to English(United Kingdom) is every setting I can find on my online Microsoft and Xbox live account, I have also attempted all... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Joelle Emmily, Jul 7, 2022.

1. E-Mail, X-Box notifications displayed in different language to account setting

My main language is set to English(United Kingdom) is every setting I can find on my online Microsoft and Xbox live account, I have also attempted all suggestion in the posts:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-another/202f6708-b9e0-4c44-92c4-0cdf99ff3ffc

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...when-all/635375a6-c878-4cff-858f-015d20d662d1

I have search through all settings trees I can find, including, all Windows setting, all Xbox setting, all online account settings, Outlook settings, and as well as any link provided in non-English emails I have been sent. All do-not-reply e-mails from Microsoft are in french, and most, but not all, notifications in my Xbox Windows launcher are in french, however, all GUIs are in English in the Xbox Launcher, Window, and in web portals.

E-Mail, X-Box notifications displayed in different language to account setting [​IMG]

E-Mail, X-Box notifications displayed in different language to account setting [​IMG]

:)

Joelle Emmily, Jul 7, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

No, my friend. Here on the community we are only users trying to help other users.

There are some Microsoft Agents here but they are not from the support. They only instruct users with basic troubleshoot or send them to the right support link.
  3. Joelle Emmily Win User

Nope... The install confirmation was in English in the client notifications, but other notifications such as offers and expirations are in french. Anything generated by Microsoft's servers are in french, anything generated by the client is in english.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

But still receiving everything in French or not anymore?
  5. Joelle Emmily Win User

As I said, yup. Every single notification generated client side, is English... every single one... Most, but not all, generated by Microsoft servers, are French. The Community Forum is in English, and if I remember correctly, notification regarding billing are in English, but everything about special offers, upcoming games, temporary two-factor verification codes, all French. I've had this live account since the very first Xbox in the 2000s, it may have even had some link to Hot Mail at one time... maybe not as it was around that time I let my grandfathered free account expire. It's been attached to numerous installs, games, and hardware, including the Sidewinder. The troubleshooting of this issue stopped being fun when the tech support agent suggested it could be because my gmail might be in French, which it is not... but the fact that Microsoft employs someone who does not understand the relationship in server client communications... is disturbing. I expect, this issue will never be resolved, because it will never be kicked to an engineer who will actually look at the problem, and find the legacy configuration causing the problem.

I even remember the day I was forced to create the account... My XBox the dreaded CD scream of death, and would no longer read games... I still own the system... it's... no longer "factory default."
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

So even notification from the Xbox app are in French too? Other apps are all in English?
Thema:

1. E-Mail, X-Box notifications displayed in different language to account setting - Similar Threads - Mail Box notifications

2. Unexpected Xbox refund mail

in XBoX on Windows
    Unexpected Xbox refund mail: I just received an email from Xbox Support which says your refund is in progress. I didn't make any request for a refund. It felt suspicious. Does Microsoft have an address as *** Die...
  3. Old hotmail account is locked, and the recovery mail box has been deleted

in XBoX Accessibility
    Old hotmail account is locked, and the recovery mail box has been deleted: Hello, I am writing this question from my professionnal mail because I don't have any other microsoft account. I plugged my old Xbox360 yesterday, and I can not access my profile for the reasons...
  4. Microsoft e-mail has been updated but X-Box stayed on the old one and I can not access it

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft e-mail has been updated but X-Box stayed on the old one and I can not access it: I changed the email for my Microsoft account quite a long time ago. So all my Microsoft services are now associated with my new e-mail. Except for XBox. For some reason, it created a new user...
  5. Adding friends to mail box.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Adding friends to mail box.: I have tried everyway to add a friend to my mail box but to no avail. 85caa532-c345-49c3-84d0-f8a6353de5fe
  6. I lost my x-box one account, and the e-mail that i used is changed

in XBoX Accessibility
    I lost my x-box one account, and the e-mail that i used is changed: Hello, MY ACCOUNT WAS HACKED!! I need some support from microsoft to help me to get my account back. I tried to recover my passowrd, but the e-mail used in my account is changed too. I think...
  7. not getting xbox email updates to my mail box and my contact preferences are all ticked?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    not getting xbox email updates to my mail box and my contact preferences are all ticked?: not getting xbox email updates to my mail box and my contact preferences are all ticked? d96d1b49-3c64-49b2-9e9b-5e8d94d1c7a1
  8. Help With Deleted E-Mail on X-Box Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help With Deleted E-Mail on X-Box Account: I had gotten an X-Box 360 for my birthday a few years ago. My parents had trusted me with my own email, so I tried setting up my new account with that email. When we did that, of course, it said I...
  9. UPS e-mail : Sticker to put on the box

in XBoX on Consoles
    UPS e-mail : Sticker to put on the box: My power supply just broke so i messaged miscrosoft and they told me that they will send me an e-mail and UPS will also send me one but i never received the UPS e-mail so i don't have any sticker...
  10. changing e-mail on 360 box

in XBoX on Consoles
    changing e-mail on 360 box: how do you change your email on the box 14c57020-755d-4984-a0b9-f11e11c48c3c