Dying Light 2 "Optimised for Series X not S"

Discus and support Dying Light 2 "Optimised for Series X not S" in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Remove the optimised for Series S from all future games if you are going to lie. You get the same performance on the Series S as you do a basic Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RhysBriggs, Feb 6, 2022.

1. RhysBriggs
    RhysBriggs Guest

Remove the optimised for Series S from all future games if you are going to lie.

You get the same performance on the Series S as you do a basic Xbox one and One X...Actually the One X runs the game better.

Avoid buying this game on the S if you want an actual next gen experience...Just play it on your basic Xbox One.

:)

RhysBriggs, Feb 6, 2022
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

Untrue.

Dying Light 2 is optimised for Series S, but due to the open world nature of the game, it's not 60fps. The game runs at a fixed 1080P resolution (1920x1080) on Series S, whereas the One S operates at a rather low 864P (1536x864), not much higher than 720P.

Just factoring in resolution alone, Dying Light 2 is still better on a Series S than an Xbox One S.

One X has better texture and geometry detail, mainly due to having 4GB more RAM than a Series S.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

4. Obsessive Power Win User

Red Dead Redemption 2 bad graphics

Hi,

Red Dead Redemption 2 on Xbox was only optimised for Xbox One X it hasn't been optimised for the Series S or X hardware. On the Series S it runs in Xbox One Backwards compatibility mode. As such, it runs at around 900P (around 1600x900). This means it will look quite soft looking on a 4K display, although it should not affect the colours or the contrast.

Unfortunately, RDR2 is not great on the Series S, especially on a 4K display. FIFA 23 is Series S|X optimised, which is why this game looks a lot better.
  5. XBF-JoannaDark Win User

Can i download the Xbox One version of dying light 2 on my Series X?

Hello,

I hope you are doing well today. Welcome to the Xbox Community. Thank you for reaching out to Xbox Forums. Regarding Dying Light 2.

Dying Light 2 takes advantage of Smart Delivery and makes sure that you get the best available version for the console you’re playing on. If the Xbox Series X|S optimized version is available, that is the version that will be installed on your console. Even if you install Dying Light 2 on an external hard Drive using an Xbox One console, when you plug in the hard drive to a Series X| S, you will be prompted to upgrade your game to the series X|S version to ensure you have the best version possible for your device.

Thank you,
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Dying Light 2 only 30 fps on Series S... What a disgrace!

Dying Light 2 is a big game and highly anticipated. Series S owners are paying a next-gen price for the game and will wonder why they're only getting a last gen 30 fps performance.
    Remember, you're not stuck with the Series S version. When availability gets better you can always exchange your S for an X. When you upgrade, you'll get access to all the Series X features for this and other games.

I upgraded my Series S for an X.
Thema:

1. Dying Light 2 "Optimised for Series X not S" - Similar Threads - Dying Light Optimised

2. If my xbox one hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will...

in XBoX on Windows
    If my xbox one hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will...: If my Xbox One hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will old games still be saved from where I was up to? And will my digital games(no disk) still download?...
  3. New Free Xbox Game!!!! Can´t wait to die. New platform game

in XboX Insiders
    New Free Xbox Game!!!! Can´t wait to die. New platform game: https://www.xbox.com/sv-SE/games/store/cant-wait-to-die/9MSR28JPFCGK/0010 Can't Wait to Die thrusts players into a thrilling platforming adventure where every moment is a precarious dance between...
  4. I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...: I have a vizio smarttv model v405-G9 with an Xbox series s and the game In question is dying light 2 stay human reloaded edition When I play dying light 2 my screen keeps tearing every time I...
  5. Why I cannot play coop multiplayer in dying light Xbox live is shutdown its still saying...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why I cannot play coop multiplayer in dying light Xbox live is shutdown its still saying...: Why I cannot play coop multiplayer in dying light Xbox live is shutdown its still saying you cannot play Xbox multiplayer you need Xbox live gold is required. Can someone answer my question?...
  6. Dying Light 2 the game crashes and freezes with different actions (opening chests, jump,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dying Light 2 the game crashes and freezes with different actions (opening chests, jump,...: Dying Light 2 Xbox Series X the game crashes and freezes with different actions (opening chests, jump, plot actions and so on). The game freezes and goes to the console desktop or just freezes and...
  7. i buy dying light 2 to my friend and when he try to join me the game ask him a membership

in XBoX on Windows
    i buy dying light 2 to my friend and when he try to join me the game ask him a membership: i buy dying light 2 to my friend and when he try to join me the game ask him a membership we did all what we need to play coop and i can ,its only him that the game ask a membership and he have...
  8. Dying light 2 preorder deluxe not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dying light 2 preorder deluxe not working: Hi, I've been having this problem since the launch of Dying Light 2 but I believe it may be because I bought the ultimate preorder on my Xbox one but later on got am Xbox series x so I...
  9. I gifted my ALT account dying light definitive edition so my friend in the US can play it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I gifted my ALT account dying light definitive edition so my friend in the US can play it...: I gifted my alt account dying light definitive edition so my friend can play it with me but the gift isn't going through e9e98526-6c5d-4617-a717-705199669ba7
  10. If I buy dying light 2 X/S optimized version of game can I gift it to someone who’s on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I buy dying light 2 X/S optimized version of game can I gift it to someone who’s on...: If I buy the game on series x can I gift it to someone who’s on the Xbox 1 1be8e3f2-2f78-46fc-aa36-cf95c25eb2b1