Dying Light 2 only 30 fps on Series S BUT I'M ENJOYING IT!

Discus and support Dying Light 2 only 30 fps on Series S BUT I'M ENJOYING IT! in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Whatever console you buy, you want the best for it and when I heard DL2 was only 30 fps I was gutted because I've seen the transformative power of 60... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by clifford slug, Feb 7, 2022.

1. Dying Light 2 only 30 fps on Series S BUT I'M ENJOYING IT!

Whatever console you buy, you want the best for it and when I heard DL2 was only 30 fps I was gutted because I've seen the transformative power of 60 fps in older far cry games that have been boosted. I can't lie though; I've played DL2 for several hours now, climbing up drain pipes, jumping roof to roof with my crazy parkour skills, as well as fighting multiple zombies or human enemies coming at me from all directions, and I'm having a blast! The sense of speed and motion as you duck and dive is perfection. 30 fps yes, but very STABLE. No stuttering, just smooth game play.

Would I like the 60 fps option? Hell yeah. If that's not possible, COULD GAMES BE DESIGNED TO RUN AT 45 FPS instead, on the weaker Series S? I have been very critical and a bit bolshie. Having calmed down though and sat with the game and actually played it, I now consider the 30 fps version of Dying Light 2 a respectable release for the Series S. I will now disappear into the void... Best Wishes from !

:)

clifford slug, Feb 7, 2022
  2. clifford slug Win User

Dying Light 2 only 30 fps on Series S... What a disgrace!

Thanks for the thoughtful reply, and fair point about Assassins Creed Valhalla getting a 60 fps patch. However, this game, Dying Light 2, arrives well into the new generation of consoles and has three graphical options for Series X and PS5, yet only one for the S. I get what you're saying about the S being an entry level machine only, but a lot of people will nevertheless be very disappointed. Dying Light 2 is a big game and highly anticipated. Series S owners are paying a next-gen price for the game and will wonder why they're only getting a last gen 30 fps performance.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Dying Light 2 is a big game and highly anticipated. Series S owners are paying a next-gen price for the game and will wonder why they're only getting a last gen 30 fps performance.
    Remember, you're not stuck with the Series S version. When availability gets better you can always exchange your S for an X. When you upgrade, you'll get access to all the Series X features for this and other games.

I upgraded my Series S for an X.
  4. clifford slug Win User

Hi there! The patch doesn't address the FPS issue, and Tech Land have said they can't do anything about boosting performance because the Series S's GPU is holding them back. Some You Tubers like ReviewTechUSA have questioned this response, citing the 60 fps patch for AC Valhalla as one example of developers making the technology deliver. DL2 is quite a good looking game but I don't think it matches Far Cry 6 for visual quality. For a start, DL2 has painted skies instead of the dynamic weather that FC6 has. However, the movement of your in-game character, combined with the combat mechanics in DL2 is definitely more complex in terms of all the variables, like multiple enemies flanking you and your ability to side step and then sometimes take unpredictable swings with your melee weapons because you're under pressure. This must put a lot of stress on the hardware I'd imagine.

I'm actually playing the game and enjoying it, even at 30 fps, and if truth be told, that's how I've played games for years because I prefer owning a console over a pc. The main takeaway is that Dying Light 2 has a stable frame rate on the Series S.

Best Wishes from !
  5. Infinitysoldier Win User

Just found out from Digital Foundry this shock news. The Series S is not even 18 months old and already it's under-powered when it comes to next-gen gaming. Disappointing to say the least. If Dying Light 2 can't manage 60 fps at 1080p, what does that mean for all the other games yet to release this year? If the series S isn't up to the task, then it's time for developers to say so, and maybe the price of new games should reflect this i.e. £49.99 instead of £59.99. The S isn't even achieving 1440p resolution in any of the games I play on my BENQ 1440p monitor. Talk about false marketing. I'm personally hoping that Dying Light 2 is just poorly optimized, especially since Far Cry 6 works brilliantly at delivering 60 fps on the S. As an owner of a Series S, I don't expect PS5/Series X quality, but expectations have been raised that Series S owners would get 60 fps on a consistent basis, albeit without ray tracing which I couldn't give two hoots about anyway. The boffins need to address this quickly, because the Series S looks like more of a liability than an asset at the moment. What a shame!
    New patch fixed fps ?
  6. sp4wnersiak3 Win User

Since I don’t know where to post this I will try in this thread…

Three months ago I bought new Series X from my local store. After two months I’ve noticed that while i’m playing Forza Horizon 5 (doing liveries in garage) my Series X fan was spinning louder than usual. And when I get my hands on Dying Light 2 I started playing in quality mode. But after a while (it’s random - sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes after an hour) my Series X fan starts spinning like crazy for a few seconds (my console even restarted today). I don’t have such problems in resolution or performance mode only in quality mode. My question is - is my series x have problems with overheating? Should I send it back to Microsoft? Or it’s maybe bad optimization of DL2? Also I don’t have such problems while playing Witcher 3 at 4k resolution or even Metro Exodus. My console is in well ventilated place, on top of my desk.
Thema:

Dying Light 2 only 30 fps on Series S BUT I'M ENJOYING IT!

1. Dying Light 2 only 30 fps on Series S BUT I'M ENJOYING IT! - Similar Threads - Dying Light fps

2. If my xbox one hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will...

in XBoX on Windows
    If my xbox one hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will...: If my Xbox One hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will old games still be saved from where I was up to? And will my digital games(no disk) still download?...
  3. New Free Xbox Game!!!! Can´t wait to die. New platform game

in XboX Insiders
    New Free Xbox Game!!!! Can´t wait to die. New platform game: https://www.xbox.com/sv-SE/games/store/cant-wait-to-die/9MSR28JPFCGK/0010 Can't Wait to Die thrusts players into a thrilling platforming adventure where every moment is a precarious dance between...
  4. I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...: I have a vizio smarttv model v405-G9 with an Xbox series s and the game In question is dying light 2 stay human reloaded edition When I play dying light 2 my screen keeps tearing every time I...
  5. Why I cannot play coop multiplayer in dying light Xbox live is shutdown its still saying...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why I cannot play coop multiplayer in dying light Xbox live is shutdown its still saying...: Why I cannot play coop multiplayer in dying light Xbox live is shutdown its still saying you cannot play Xbox multiplayer you need Xbox live gold is required. Can someone answer my question?...
  6. Dying Light 2 the game crashes and freezes with different actions (opening chests, jump,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dying Light 2 the game crashes and freezes with different actions (opening chests, jump,...: Dying Light 2 Xbox Series X the game crashes and freezes with different actions (opening chests, jump, plot actions and so on). The game freezes and goes to the console desktop or just freezes and...
  7. i buy dying light 2 to my friend and when he try to join me the game ask him a membership

in XBoX on Windows
    i buy dying light 2 to my friend and when he try to join me the game ask him a membership: i buy dying light 2 to my friend and when he try to join me the game ask him a membership we did all what we need to play coop and i can ,its only him that the game ask a membership and he have...
  8. Dying light 2 preorder deluxe not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dying light 2 preorder deluxe not working: Hi, I've been having this problem since the launch of Dying Light 2 but I believe it may be because I bought the ultimate preorder on my Xbox one but later on got am Xbox series x so I...
  9. I gifted my ALT account dying light definitive edition so my friend in the US can play it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I gifted my ALT account dying light definitive edition so my friend in the US can play it...: I gifted my alt account dying light definitive edition so my friend can play it with me but the gift isn't going through e9e98526-6c5d-4617-a717-705199669ba7
  10. If I buy dying light 2 X/S optimized version of game can I gift it to someone who’s on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I buy dying light 2 X/S optimized version of game can I gift it to someone who’s on...: If I buy the game on series x can I gift it to someone who’s on the Xbox 1 1be8e3f2-2f78-46fc-aa36-cf95c25eb2b1