DVDs won't play

Discus and support DVDs won't play in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Happy Christmas everyone i am currently on my 3rd Xbox one console. I purchased a day one edition which started off working perfectly but gradually... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LadyHannah666, Dec 24, 2015.

1. DVDs won't play

Happy Christmas everyone

i am currently on my 3rd Xbox one console. I purchased a day one edition which started off working perfectly but gradually lost the ability to play discs (a random mixture of games, DVDs and blu Rays) until nothing worked. Even though it was out of its warranty
    I was fortunate that the retailer I brought this from still replaced it. I then had exactly the same problem with my second console. At this point I thought it may have been an issue with the delivery and that both had been damaged in transit and so I decided
    to purchase a new one locally rather than online. Now my third console will not play any DVD. Both Blu Rays and games work fine but not my DVDs, they play in my boyfriends Xbox one, just not mine. I've tried all the solutions I can find mentioned on the forums
    for disc tray issues but I haven't found any posts where the disc tray only has problems playing DVDs specifically. Has anyone else had this problem and resolved it or is this just a case of needing a new Xbox? Thanks DVDs won't play :)

:)

LadyHannah666, Dec 24, 2015
  2. TheSTIG81983
    TheSTIG81983 Guest
    DVD won't play

Hey everyone im from the United States and I have a xbox one console that will not play any type of DVD movies and when I try a DVD I get an error code saying: Sorry we can't play this disc. This disc is made for region 1 and this console is designed for
    region 2. (0x91d70005). I bought it from my old dorm buddy who is from Saudi Arabia. How can I fix this issue. I have no blu-ray discs only dvd

TheSTIG81983, Dec 24, 2015
  3. Evo Fire
    Evo Fire Guest
    my Xbox one day one won't play most of my DVDs

My Xbox one won't play all of my DVDs there is some like transformers revenge of the fallen and the Simpsons movie and the count is up to 78 out of 100 DVDs that won't play it plays games blue ray DVDs and music cds also it will not play any of the home
    movies that are on DVD the DVD codec needs fixed and the audio needs fixed to play 5.1 and 7.1 surround sound

Evo Fire, Dec 24, 2015
  4. Toxic Raven
    Toxic Raven Guest

DVDs won't play

Have you tried updating the Blu-Ray player software?

Toxic Raven, Dec 25, 2015
  5. Bigbob48 Win User

won't play DVD

Still under warranty so will take it back to where i bought it.
  6. Bigbob48 Win User

won't play DVD

Hi tried all that no good as soon as i put a Blu-ray or DVD film into this Box it locks up have to hold power button for 10 seconds otherwise it won't respond even ejecting the Disc won't connect the Box back to the Tv .
  7. MorkyMork1991 Win User

won't play DVD

If you have reinstalled the Blu-Ray app, try power-cycling your console. Just hold the Xbox button on the console, while on, for 10 seconds. Then turn it back on using the Xbox button on the controller. If that doesn't work, try
    contacting Xbox Support.
  8. Bigbob48 Win User

won't play DVD

Yes both from same outlet i think definitely an X Box problem .
  9. xxX Phaser Xxx Win User

won't play DVD

Was the ps4 bought in the same country as the Xbox?
Thema:

DVDs won't play

1. DVDs won't play - Similar Threads - DVDs won't play

2. Xbox One S won't play DVDs that it previously played, giving region error

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One S won't play DVDs that it previously played, giving region error: The blu-ray app will no longer play DVDs, saying it's setup for region 4 and the disk is region 1 (correct). This xbox has always been region 1, and was able to play the exact same disks before....
  3. Xbox One S won't play DVDs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One S won't play DVDs: Hopefully someone here can help solve my problem. I have an Xbox One S that will not play DVDs. It plays Xbox One games and Blu-ray discs perfectly fine. I have tried just about all of the...
  4. brand new Xbox One X won't play dvds or bluray discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    brand new Xbox One X won't play dvds or bluray discs: Xbox one DVD player not working keep getting "disc stopped HDMI input does not support HDCP rights management" (0x91d7000a). I've followed all the troubleshooting (for the bluray app and the XBOX...
  5. Xbox 360 Discs and DVDs won't play on my Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Discs and DVDs won't play on my Xbox One: My Xbox One has not been able to play DVDs since August, I thought nothing of it since I have an Xbox 360 still which is what we use to watch DVDs on. However, recently, I discovered that my Xbox...
  6. My X1 won't play games or DVDs please help

in XBoX on Consoles
    My X1 won't play games or DVDs please help: i got my Xbox yesterday and after I set it up I tried putting in two different games. Every time I put either game in I would get different error messages. Some saying I couldn't play games or...
  7. Blu Ray discs won't play (I've no regular DVDs so I'm not sure about those)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blu Ray discs won't play (I've no regular DVDs so I'm not sure about those): I have a relatively new (December purchase) 1TB XB One that sometime in the past three weeks has stopped playing Blu Ray disks. I have tried three different movies, with the same result: "We're...
  8. Lord of the Rings Extended DVDs won't play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Lord of the Rings Extended DVDs won't play: The Lord of the Rings Extended DVD trilogy won't play. There's just a black screen and nothing happens. I've seen other unanswered questions from a while back... is there a FIX yet? Returning the...
  9. Lord of the Rings Extended DVDs won't play (unanswered)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Lord of the Rings Extended DVDs won't play (unanswered): I found a forum post about this that was marked "answered." It's obviously not. My extended edition LOTR DVDs don't play (and no one else's do, either). You can imagine how badly this steams my...
  10. HELP!! Xbox one won't play games but plays DVDs & blu rays

in XBoX on Consoles
    HELP!! Xbox one won't play games but plays DVDs & blu rays: I just got the most recent preview update and now I can't play any of my disc games but blu rays, DVDs and CDs work. Anyone else having trouble? 7481aba1-6bf4-4493-802e-8da0bb9b73ee