Dvd player is worthless on xbox one

Discus and support Dvd player is worthless on xbox one in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; What the hell is going on ? I have tried around 50 different movies in the last 3 months on the Xbox one via the Bluray Player app and only managed to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Lionheart Angel, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Dvd player is worthless on xbox one

What the hell is going on ? I have tried around 50 different movies in the last 3 months on the Xbox one via the Bluray Player app and only managed to get 3 movies to play.

The movies have ranged from classic to new releases and I get nothing but a message saying the player cannot read the disks.

I was planing to upgrade to the one X in a couple of months, but now I'm having second thoughts as one of the main apps can't even perform the simple task of playing dvd movies.

:)

Lionheart Angel, Jun 12, 2018
  2. OldPepsiMan
    OldPepsiMan Guest
    Xbox One Not Having Backwards Compatibilty?

A 6 or 7 year collection of XBox 360 games is a MAJOR investment, costing way more than the hardware that plays it. In time, XBox One will replace the XBox 360's, which will eventually die out and vanish. Our 360 software and digital rights will become
    useless and worthless. That's not nice. Are you telling us you'd buy a new generation, super-duper DVD player even if you knew it couldn't play your existing collection of DVD movies?

OldPepsiMan, Jun 12, 2018
  3. Mr MichaelR
    Mr MichaelR Guest
    DVD Playback without internet connection

I'm hoping someone can explain a weird requirement with Xbox One DVD playback.

This morning Comcast service went out in my area. So no TV and no internet. No big deal it's going to happen from time to time. So I load a DVD movie but it won't play because there is no internet connection. Why would a company make their product completely
    worthless without a internet connection?!

So since this function does not work I take it you can't play any games or play multiplayer sessions with other xbox's on a LAN?

Any insight helpful

Thank you

Mr MichaelR, Jun 12, 2018
  4. OldPepsiMan Win User

Xbox One Not Having Backwards Compatibilty?

A 6 or 7 year collection of XBox 360 games is a MAJOR investment, costing way more than the hardware that plays it. In time, XBox One will replace the XBox 360's, which will eventually die out and vanish. Our 360 software and digital rights will become
    useless and worthless. That's not nice. Are you telling us you'd buy a new generation, super-duper DVD player even if you knew it couldn't play your existing collection of DVD movies?
  5. rsattler Win User

HD DVD Support

Hi Ouligars!

Unfortunately, the Xbox will not play HD DVD's without the Xbox HD DVD player. I have one and they are certainly hard to find these days. If you have the Xbox HD DVD player, then a HD DVD app will appear in the Video tab. As far as I know, non-Xbox HD DVD
    players are unsupported on the 360.

Of course, if you meant you found the Xbox HD DVD player, then as stated above, you will find the app for it in the My Video tab... Hope this helps!
  6. Lofty Who Win User

DVD playback quality is still atrocious.

I actually tried one of my X Files DVDs today on my Xbox One ( and I know I posted before that it was fine ) I played the same DVD on my Blu Ray/DVD player in our bedroom and there was quite a difference.

Obviously it was on 2 different TVs but even though it was still watchable on Xbox One but did look quite a bit better on the DVD player.
  7. TastierLion23 Win User

Will the XBOX One have cinavia?

Cinavia is a joke...to just tick people off...all it does is degrade the value of the machine to worthless...anyone with a brain stem can just get a $20 DVD player or $5 bucks at swap meet and bypass & just move on. Sony is just desperate and people are
    already finding an easy remedy.
  8. JUICE 5150 Win User

Blu- Ray 3D & HDDVD

I actually have the Xbox HD-DVD player and a decent library of movies. Is the HD-DVD player not compatible with the Xbox One? Its not really that big of a deal if it isn't it just would have been nice.
Thema:

Dvd player is worthless on xbox one

1. Dvd player is worthless on xbox one - Similar Threads - Dvd player worthless

2. I put a dvd in my series x and controller wont work with blu ray disk player

in XBoX on Consoles
    I put a dvd in my series x and controller wont work with blu ray disk player: updated everything my series x is up to date i launch blu ray disc player and on dvd menu i cant scroll to anything like for instance an 90s dvd you have dvd menu scenes features etc or most...
  3. Where can I find the dvd player kit for the original Xbox (2001)?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where can I find the dvd player kit for the original Xbox (2001)?: Looking to go back to the first Xbox. As the latest one is kinda dull and nothing interesting is releasing soon Waiting for gta 6, lol 70b58528-0f98-4dc1-9ab3-940d029a3320
  4. I need to replace my broken Xbox 360 DVD player

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need to replace my broken Xbox 360 DVD player: Hi, My Xbox 360 DVD player need to be replaced, but I was told you cannot by any Xbox 360 DVD player and install it. (YES - the DVD player is broken) So, how can I get a DVD player that will...
  5. What dvd formats work on xbox one that was bought in the U.S or is it universal player .

in XBoX on Consoles
    What dvd formats work on xbox one that was bought in the U.S or is it universal player .: What dvd formats work on xbox one, that was bought in the U.S or is it universal format player . f39118c9-2978-4189-a134-a08c79fd9ee7
  6. Xbox 360 HD DVD Player

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 HD DVD Player: I recently found an Xbox 360 HD DVD player and I have a bunch of movies for it. I have an Xbox 360 Slim. I am trying to play the HD DVDs on the player, but I don't think the Xbox 360 recognizes...
  7. Blu-Ray player - Picture Issue - DVD / non-hidef features

in XboX Insiders
    Blu-Ray player - Picture Issue - DVD / non-hidef features: Not sure if anyone else has had this problem recently. When trying to play back (most) DVDs or play disc features that are of a lower quality resolution e.g. 420/520 etc. the screen/picture is...
  8. HD DVD Player not reading discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    HD DVD Player not reading discs: I just dusted off my old HD DVD player for my brother's old Xbox 360 and I reinstalled the software that came on the disc, but nothing happens when I put a HD DVD disc into the drive. I got to "My...
  9. How do you play DVD+R on Xbox blu-ray player

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do you play DVD+R on Xbox blu-ray player: I have a disc that I was going to play on my Xbox One, but it can't play it. On the top, it says "DVD+R." Will this work on my Xbox? d10506da-9998-44dd-9c1b-6ea8cbe0b6bb
  10. HD DVD Player app for xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HD DVD Player app for xbox one: Is it possible to make available on the app store the HD DVD Player app on the Xbox One? (The same app that is available on the xbox 360 that allows you to play HD DVD's, if you have the HD DVD...