DVD Playback is out of sync on Series X?

Discus and support DVD Playback is out of sync on Series X? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Alpha Skip ahead here (Series X), just bought SG-1 DVD collection from a site. But noticed that the video goes too fast, so the speech goes out of... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/ropsu25, Dec 2, 2022.

1. /u/ropsu25
    /u/ropsu25 Guest

Alpha Skip ahead here (Series X), just bought SG-1 DVD collection from a site. But noticed that the video goes too fast, so the speech goes out of synch fast. Haven't tried yet to disable subtitles. I have reported the issue with tracing, but just wondering if anybody has actually tried playing DVD:s with the console? I also have also a Xbox One X, that can't read the DVD:s unless I set it to 720p and hold back the disc 1-5s seconds... Is the Blueray app broken?

submitted by /u/ropsu25
    [link] [comments]

/u/ropsu25, Dec 2, 2022
  2. Paruchda Win User

Xbox One S - DVD & Blu-ray audio out of sync - DVD audio/video sync worse

UPDATE: Xbox One S returned. No solution for audio sync issue on DVD/Blu-ray playback.

After scouring the internet I cannot find a solution. The Xbox Support seems to be correct. There was an issue with the Xbox One S where the audio was not in sync with the video on DVD and Blu-ray playback. I returned the Xbox One S.

Hopefully few other experience the issue.

Good Luck!
  3. XBF-Spartan Win User

Series X DVD Stutter Playback

Hi Tommy,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums! Is the stuttering happening at a certain point or through the entire movie? Also are the DVDs store bought or are they homemade DVDs?
  4. GL of 2814 Win User

DVD playback on Xbox One have codec problems?

I haven't had any issues with BD playback, but the two DVD's I've watched so far have both ended up having audio sync issues which got progressively worse as the movie progressed.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Enable 50hz/24hz

Hi,

The 50hz and 24hz are for TV and Blu-ray/DVD playback only. With these enabled, the console will automatically switch to these modes if your content is designed to play at that refresh rate.

It does this to provide smooth playback. For example, movies are typically shot at 24 frames per second, if you play back a 24 fps video on a display running at 60hz, or 60 frames per second, it won't look right, you'll get a horrid 'judder effect' and the
    audio will be out of sync with the video. The 24hz setting corrects this, so you should get seamless playback, no judder and audio in perfect sync.

Games always use the 60hz mode. Leave them checked.
  6. DETigger Win User

XB1 drive does not play blue-ray

That's how I got DVD playback working. But still no blueray playback
Thema:

1. DVD Playback is out of sync on Series X? - Similar Threads - DVD Playback sync

2. Series X DVD Stutter Playback

in XBoX on Windows
    Series X DVD Stutter Playback: Having an issue where the picture stutters on playback (audio is fine) on a standard DVD (Not blu ray) Using included HDMI, and console is only a couple of weeks old. TV is 4K60hz. Works...
  3. DVD playback issue on Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    DVD playback issue on Xbox Series X: I have an issue with watching DVDs on my Xbox Series X. The intro videos (with the logos of the distribution company etc.) work fine, as does the menu, but after that, when trying to watch an...
  4. Is there a reason why DVD playback has been deteriorating per patch?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a reason why DVD playback has been deteriorating per patch?: I have the XBOX One S (day 1 halo pack). Over the past several patches DVD playback has become more and more frustrated. Blu ray seems to have no problems. I say 'Frustrated' and not...
  5. Xbox is deviating form the DVD / Blu Ray/ 3D Disc playback and closed captioning standards

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox is deviating form the DVD / Blu Ray/ 3D Disc playback and closed captioning standards: I was wondering why only certain 3D Discs get rejected by my Xbox One, but play perfectly fine on my Playstaiton 3. I would tewast dad's 3D + 4KD + network TV player upstairs but it doesn't have...
  6. Xbox one S DVD playback issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S DVD playback issues: I have the Xbox one S Gears of war edition and i used to have it laying down like the original Xbox's but when i went to put in a DVD it didnt work till i put it vertically, I have had no issues...
  7. Xbox 1X Dvd playback and upscaling?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1X Dvd playback and upscaling?: Just bought it and going through settings I managed to finally get my 4K uhd disk to play with this machine. Great. But! Playing Dvd's... Not good at all. The tv is showing 576p resolution and...
  8. MP4 on DVD-R playback

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MP4 on DVD-R playback: I have a DVD-R that is burned as a data disc with MP4's on it. Is there a way to play this back on my XBOX One? I have tried through the media player and VLC and haven't gotten any luck. Any...
  9. προβλημα στην αναπαραγωγη dvd στο X-box s [Problem in DVD playback in X-box s ]

in XBoX Accessibility
    προβλημα στην αναπαραγωγη dvd στο X-box s [Problem in DVD playback in X-box s ]: εχω προβλημα με την αναπαραγωγη dvd στο x-box s. Η ταινια αναπαραγεται με διακοπες(κοψιματα) και στιγμιαια εμφανιση χιονιων στην οθονη. μηπως μπορει καποιος να βοηθησει? Εχω εγκαταστησει σωστα...
  10. Audio Sync and Unequalized volume issues with DVD/Blu ray Disc playback?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio Sync and Unequalized volume issues with DVD/Blu ray Disc playback?: Hello, Im currently experiencing a delay in audio when it comes to using the disc player on Xbox one. The drive will read the disc and play it as normal but as the disc plays on the audio tends...