DVD keeps spinning even if installed?

Discus and support DVD keeps spinning even if installed? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I've made some research but I didn't find anything. I've installed Halo 4 (2 Disc) and Halo Anniversary, but when I play one of this game, the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by H4cTh0R, Jan 4, 2014.

1. H4cTh0R
    H4cTh0R Guest

Hi,

I've made some research but I didn't find anything.

I've installed Halo 4 (2 Disc) and Halo Anniversary, but when I play one of this game, the disc is still spinning.

However, when I play Walking Dead Survival Instinct, the disc just spin at start to confirm I have the game, then it stop and the game start.

Is it normal?

:)

H4cTh0R, Jan 4, 2014
  2. AndreFromPT
    AndreFromPT Guest
    texture pack corrupted? Easy to tell

oh..i have the spinning issue..i installed the game on 360 hdd and the dvd keeps spinning..2 bad for EA..

AndreFromPT, Jan 4, 2014
  3. AndreFromPT
    AndreFromPT Guest
    Spinning Disc

When i'm playing XBLA games (the new ones) the xbox dvd drive keeps spinning..

It's normal?

AndreFromPT, Jan 4, 2014
  4. DVD keeps spinning even if installed?

Is it constant because I remember with fifa it span for about 10 mins before stopping

Flaming Pingu, Jan 4, 2014
  5. H4cTh0R
    H4cTh0R Guest
    Haaa I'll try this.

Stay tuned DVD keeps spinning even if installed? :p

H4cTh0R, Jan 4, 2014
  6. voteDC
    voteDC Guest
    [quote user="H4cTh0R"]Is it normal?[/quote]Yes.

This is because of the different disc layout that the games are using.

Both the Halo games you mention use the XGD3 disc layout. Extra security and more space available for game data.

The Walking Dead Survival Instinct uses an older layout, so will spin for a shorter time.

voteDC, Jan 4, 2014
  7. H4cTh0R
    H4cTh0R Guest
    Woaw thanks pal !! I've try so many things for nothing!!!

-Format Hard Drive 360,

-Use USB key,

-Reset settings to default,

-Use external HD 120go,

Despite it was working since start!

Thank you so much

Now I've bought GTA V, hopping my FAT 360 will hold on.

H4cTh0R, Jan 4, 2014
  8. APEXASSASSlN
    APEXASSASSlN Guest

The disk will spin after a couple of minutes after install. This only happens to games with the extra 1GB on the disks to make sure they are real copies and not fake installs.

APEXASSASSlN, Oct 31, 2018
  9. APEXASSASSlN Win User

The disk will spin after a couple of minutes after install. This only happens to games with the extra 1GB on the disks to make sure they are real copies and not fake installs.
  10. voteDC Win User

[quote user="H4cTh0R"]Is it normal?[/quote]Yes.

This is because of the different disc layout that the games are using.

Both the Halo games you mention use the XGD3 disc layout. Extra security and more space available for game data.

The Walking Dead Survival Instinct uses an older layout, so will spin for a shorter time.
  11. H4cTh0R Win User

Woaw thanks pal !! I've try so many things for nothing!!!

-Format Hard Drive 360,

-Use USB key,

-Reset settings to default,

-Use external HD 120go,

Despite it was working since start!

Thank you so much

Now I've bought GTA V, hopping my FAT 360 will hold on.
  12. H4cTh0R Win User

Haaa I'll try this.

Stay tuned :p
  13. Flaming Pingu Win User

Is it constant because I remember with fifa it span for about 10 mins before stopping
Thema:

1. DVD keeps spinning even if installed? - Similar Threads - DVD keeps spinning

2. DVD Drive Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    DVD Drive Issue: I have an Xbox 360 and the DVD drive is not reading any games. I have tried different games and I get the same result. I open the tray and put the game in the it says "reading" but doesn't load...
  3. Can I play DVD -r discs on my Series X?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I play DVD -r discs on my Series X?: I have a quick question. Is it possible to play DVD -r type discs on my Series X? I'm not playing anything illegal, just old wrestling shows. I know that they're not the same as a typical DVD, I...
  4. Xbox one s ,new motherboard. New DVD board , using new hard drive 1tb get two of the same...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s ,new motherboard. New DVD board , using new hard drive 1tb get two of the same...: Xbox one s new mother board came with DVD daughter board. Using 1 tb hard drive . Getting error E101-000005048B050041 .Have tryed 3 500 HD and 2 1tb HD, reassembled DVD to check cables etc still...
  5. Can a xbox one play dvd/ blu-rays from any region

in XBoX on Windows
    Can a xbox one play dvd/ blu-rays from any region: So i read somewhere that xbox ones can play games from any region. But is it the same for dvd’s e7f8195f-ca5b-4baa-96f7-60af7d492b96
  6. Xbox shuts down and doesnt turn back on after i plug in dvd mechanics

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox shuts down and doesnt turn back on after i plug in dvd mechanics: Hey, so im having this issue that when i plug in dvd mechanics to motherboard the xbox shuts down and doesn't turn on. I dont want to go to the repair shop yet. Is this a dvd drive error or...
  7. Is xbox one s compatible with xbox one dvd blueray?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is xbox one s compatible with xbox one dvd blueray?: Is it possible to replace xbox one s blueray with xbox one blueray? 4c34b294-5c71-439a-8944-5dba80ad4098
  8. Certain dvd

in XBoX on Consoles
    Certain dvd: I previously wrote a post about blue ray disk play i was trying to watch a 90s movie called A.W.O.L absent without leave sean Claude van damme and in dvd menu nothing worked couldn't hilight any...
  9. I put a dvd in my series x and controller wont work with blu ray disk player

in XBoX on Consoles
    I put a dvd in my series x and controller wont work with blu ray disk player: updated everything my series x is up to date i launch blu ray disc player and on dvd menu i cant scroll to anything like for instance an 90s dvd you have dvd menu scenes features etc or most...
  10. Xbox one X DVD screen flicker

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox one X DVD screen flicker: Hi there, I have this issue with each DVD I put into my Xbox one X. The screen flickers/flashes and then shows a static screen like a TV with no signal or whatever. The menu screen and music...