Durability of consoles

Discus and support Durability of consoles in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I can’t understand how all the Xbox consoles seems to all fail or die. I have several, PlayStations 2 PlayStations 3 from 10-15+ years and they are all... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by el 10, May 25, 2023.

  1. el 10
    el 10 Guest

    Durability of consoles


    I can’t understand how all the Xbox consoles seems to all fail or die. I have several, PlayStations 2 PlayStations 3 from 10-15+ years and they are all still working perfectly as are the newer versions. In the last 15-20 years I’ve gone through several Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox one, and so on that have died, some within a year or two. No longer working, had to trash them because repairing them isn’t worth it. I keep buying Xbox’s because I like the product and gameplay but, the warranty is a joke, and the durability is just awful even though the consoles aren’t used frequently or daily. I know this probably isn’t the place to complain about it and nothing will be done about it but I just needed to vent about how disappointing it is to have these products fail constantly.

    :)
     
    el 10, May 25, 2023
    #1
  2. Steve_230 Win User

    Durability of consoles

    The point is that it seems there are many more reports of Xbox consoles failing than consoles from other manufacturers - and after such short timeframes. It's not right that consumers are expected to pay large repair sums after only 2 years. Definitely not the same experience with Sony or Nintendo.
  3. Steve_230 Win User

    Durability of consoles

    I completely agree. I’ve only had the one Xbox console (2 years old) and now I’ve been advised to send it to a repair centre. Microsoft quotes $300 for this which is just under the price of a new console. Never had this experience before on a Nintendo or PlayStation device and can’t say I’m too impressed. Will think carefully whether I’ll ever purchase an Xbox again
  4. ngocphi Win User

    Durability of consoles

    Pro tip keep electronics even off in well ventilated areas

    I had a free Xbox 360 last over 10 years before ms offered me a free launch xbox one

    Before I upgraded to the xbox one s during promo

    Then I upgraded to one x and series x at launch

    For warning sock drawers aren't ventilated

    As my mother found out phones explode when batteries aren't charged for long periods same with e bikes and electric vehicles

    Case ij point iPhone 11
  5. SigmaTheDJ Win User

    Durability of consoles

    The first few revisions of the Xbox 360 were notoriously unreliable, and I don't think they really fixed that until the Xbox 360 S came out, but I've not seen any evidence of inherent issues with the newer Xbox consoles.

    In fact, I think the Xbox One was designed (in part) to address the issues that plagued the 360, i.e. unreliability and noise.

    I would never make excuses for products that I genuinely think are shoddy and sub-par (like the early 360s), but I think if you've had repeat issues with newer Xbox models it's probably down to bad luck more than anything else.
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

    Durability of consoles

    I had one Xbox 360 E74 which was replaced. for free

    The only one I don't have is One S, all are functional today.
Thema:

Durability of consoles

Loading...
  1. Durability of consoles - Similar Threads - Durability consoles

  2. My console doesn't have disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    My console doesn't have disc to digital: I joined the xbox one insider program and joined disc to digital. No Update is available for the Console and there is no disc to digital button. Also nothing claims when I play a disc game....
  3. XBOX console home page tile launch actions - Delta Ring

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX console home page tile launch actions - Delta Ring: I really liked that I could press A and it would launch the game card/hub and then I could select PLAY on any tile on the home screen. A few days back that behavior changed and A launched the game...
  4. If I remove my only console from Insider ring, will I lose my standing?

    in XboX Insiders
    If I remove my only console from Insider ring, will I lose my standing?: Currently in the ASA ring and I have a One X that's giving me more and more issues every day. Wanted to put it back on the public build and see if that clears up anything. Won't be getting my 25th...
  5. The Xbox Legacy Passport Initiative: How Xbox Can Move Original & 360 Discs to Digital Consoles

    in XboX Insiders
    The Xbox Legacy Passport Initiative: How Xbox Can Move Original & 360 Discs to Digital Consoles: Hey everyone, With the industry pushing toward digital-only hardware ecosystems, those of us with massive physical collections (Original Xbox and Xbox 360) are facing a serious preservation...
  6. Has anyone tested Disc-to-Digital on 3 Xbox consoles at the same time? D2D + Home Xbox +...

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tested Disc-to-Digital on 3 Xbox consoles at the same time? D2D + Home Xbox +...: So, I have a very specific use case for the new Disc-to-Digital feature, and I’m wondering if anyone with multiple Xbox consoles has actually tested this. I’m trying to unlock the Dominion...
  7. No hope for us Digital ONLY console owners??

    in XboX Insiders
    No hope for us Digital ONLY console owners??: So for us lowly digital only console owners what hope is there without support for an external disc drive? submitted by /u/Andymg350 [link] [comments]
  8. I want to make my pickaxe's durability get damaged when I right click cobblestone....

    in XBoX on Windows
    I want to make my pickaxe's durability get damaged when I right click cobblestone....: Here is my code: import { world, system } from '@minecraft/server'; world.beforeEvents.playerInteractWithBlock.subscribe(event => { if (event.itemStack) { if (event.block.typeId ===...
  9. How durable are the elite controllers compared to regular controllers?

    in XboX Insiders
    How durable are the elite controllers compared to regular controllers?: Both of my controllers have stopped working after a few years of use. I play Xbox pretty frequently (2-3 hours a day) and was curious as to if you believe an elite controller is worth the...
  10. FEEDBACK: Considerations for next gen of controllers durability

    in XboX Insiders
    FEEDBACK: Considerations for next gen of controllers durability: The durability of series X controllers is Bad; i have already bought 3 controllers and they are all presenting the same problem: Sensors. The sticks' sensors start to always read either an up or...