Dumb question....I'm new to the xbox live for 360 and want to add a child account

Discus and support Dumb question....I'm new to the xbox live for 360 and want to add a child account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I can't find any directions or FAQ's on actually how to do this. Any step by step instructions are appreciated. 7e013b84-1b6d-4c49-b1fc-fe697faa5063 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by vtskier1, Dec 25, 2014.

1. vtskier1
    vtskier1 Guest

Dumb question....I'm new to the xbox live for 360 and want to add a child account

I can't find any directions or FAQ's on actually how to do this. Any step by step instructions are appreciated.

:)

vtskier1, Dec 25, 2014
  2. XBox memberships

Hi all,

Question.

Child 1 has a new xbox 1 for xmas.

Child 2 has a new xbox 360 for xmas.

Both have Microsoft accounts.

I have a Gold account (360).

Can I add both as family members although they have different consoles?

If not what is the cheapest way of doing this? UK based.

Thanks

Player131204397, Dec 25, 2014
  3. TomsDad04
    TomsDad04 Guest
    Moving from Xbox 360 to Xbox One and Family Sharing

Hi - we currently have an Xbox 360. There is a child account which is used permanently and has Xbox Live Gold on it. The Gold expires soon and at the same time we will be getting an XBox One. There is also a Parent account associated with the child account
    but this does not have XBox Live Gold.

So when we unwrap the shiny new XBox One on Christmas Day we can migrate the child account across but it will no longer have Xbox Gold as it will have just expired.

Will it be best for me to add XBox One Live Gold to the
    Parent Account and then the Child Account can be part of Family Sharing (and I can add other accounts if I want for other kids), or will renewing the XbOx Live Gold on the Child account still allow Family sharing with both adults and children alike?

Hope someone has some good advice for me!

Andy

TomsDad04, Dec 25, 2014
  4. CarstenE Win User

Email sign ups

Hello AjarCreature619,

Could you explain a bit more of what you are trying to do? Do you want to create a new Xbox Account on your Xbox One, or are you trying to add a child account? Or are you trying to Login on your Xbox with an existing Xbox Live Account?

-lg 2Bad4You
  5. DeadlyMetal869 Win User

how to add my xbox360 to my account

Hi! Can you kindly add a little more information to the question?

Are you trying to add an existing Xbox Live account to your Xbox 360?

If you are attempting to add an existing Xbox Live account to an Xbox 360, Create or go to the profile you would like the existing Xbox Live account to be accessible on, go to Xbox Live and download the existing account to the profile.
  6. jvgraph Win User

Possible info on Gears of War Judgement

Might be a dumb question but this will be a whole new game right ? Not just an add-on to gears 3?
  7. Flinstone956 Win User

Error code 83118853 - Multi User Issue

the reason for this is because of the COPPA (CHILDREN'S ONLINE PRIVACY PROCTECTION ACT) //

Starting today some U.S. child accounts (under 13) will no longer be able to log into their Xbox 360 (in some instances Xbox Music on Windows 8 or 8.1) until a parent verifies the child account on Xbox.com. All new child accounts will be required to verify
    that an adult is giving permission to a child to create a new Xbox Live account.
  8. nevillefarrell Win User

Sorry, Xbox Live signup isn't available right now. Try again later.

Hi,

So you have created his account online thats great. All you need do now is download the profile to your console. Now the profile you are currently trying to upgrade to Live would need a new email if you were to connect it but you've already created a new
    child account on Xbox.com so Go to download profile if its an xbox 360 or if it is Xbox One go to Add new and put in his email and pasword and the profile will download to the console.

Now this new one from the website will be new and seperate from the one on the console and you will not be able to merge them. But after you download the website on you'll have a safe Child account managed by and adult for your son and thats really important
    for a child when on xbox live.

Hope this helped :)
Thema:

1. Dumb question....I'm new to the xbox live for 360 and want to add a child account - Similar Threads - Dumb question I'm

2. Why did I get banned over a dumb pfp? In addition it didn't let me put on pfp so I got...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did I get banned over a dumb pfp? In addition it didn't let me put on pfp so I got...: So I tried to use a pfp with Mario putting the middle finger as a joke it wasn't supposed to offend people I had no bad intentions and I'm sorry 0221c5f2-9c7d-4092-b8cb-fd597319a8dc
  3. Help! Discord is being dumb and is unable to connect to a voice channel.

in XboX Insiders
    Help! Discord is being dumb and is unable to connect to a voice channel.: So I’m tying to talk with my friend and stuff and randomly when I try to join my Xbox is unable to connect to the discord voice channel. I tried restarting my WiFi and unplugging my Xbox and all...
  4. A dumb question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    A dumb question: Can a Xbox one s play nr2003 I was very dumb for saying that so don't respond c53f33a9-4e9f-4872-af78-b6127b5a014a
  5. Sorry for the dumb question but I’m trying to prove a point

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sorry for the dumb question but I’m trying to prove a point: Does the Xbox 360 have a deactivation code so when you connect it to the internet it just doesn’t work anymore 534698f8-8b18-453a-8b7a-2bbac2400c5d
  6. dumb question #2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    dumb question #2: do you HAVE to download updates to play games on disk? (satellite connection here :( ) xbox one x cf2238a8-bd1e-4c50-aa0e-827f5b417da5
  7. A probably dumb question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    A probably dumb question: I have heard that crowns cost more on Xbox than they do on PS or in the Zenimax Crown store but that we must buy crowns from XBox if we want them. My question is where do I find the Xbox ESO store...
  8. kinda of dumb question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    kinda of dumb question: in the halo games i forgot how to run c50921a4-196b-4263-b7ea-9372f448b8ca
  9. Might be A Dumb Question But......

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Might be A Dumb Question But......: if u buy the digital copy of COD AW and download the Xbox one version as well, wil u be able to go back and forth between systems??? because i have friends on both systems i wanna play with and i...
  10. Can I ask a dumb question?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I ask a dumb question?: I got Diablo II for the mac when it came out and played three classes through the first round of difficulty then quit because I was sick of the auction house. When it morphed to get ready for the...