DTS X loss of HDMI Audio - no audio through speakers, only A20 Wireless

Discus and support DTS X loss of HDMI Audio - no audio through speakers, only A20 Wireless in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Anyone loosing HDMI audio more often since starting the DTS beta? No audio coming out my receiver, just headphone audio. Tried toggling between Auto... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/SeasideJohnny, Jun 29, 2020.

1. DTS X loss of HDMI Audio - no audio through speakers, only A20 Wireless

Anyone loosing HDMI audio more often since starting the DTS beta?

No audio coming out my receiver, just headphone audio.

Tried toggling between Auto and HDMI video settings and many console restarts.

Uninstalled the DTS beta app and got sound back.

submitted by /u/SeasideJohnny
    [link] [comments]

/u/SeasideJohnny, Jun 29, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. smileskybird Win User

I think Xbox One has finally got Dolby Digital output through Optical?

Xbox 1 still doesn't have DOLBY support for Optical nor HDMI connection, but Xbox 360 has.

Display & Sound

HDMI audio [options]

-Off

-Stereo uncompressed

-5.1 uncompressed

-7.1 uncompressed

-DTS Digital Surround

Optical audio [options]

-Off

-Stereo uncompressed

-DTS Digital Surround.

Xbox 360 can produce Dolby through my 2x 10w HDTV speakers where as Xbox 1 can only produce STEREO through my 2x 10w speakers. I can clearly... tell the difference between the two. Dolby has MORE audio detail and if Xbox 360 has it I don't see why Xbox 1
    the next gen doesn't yet.
  3. Fred420170 Win User

Microsoft what did you do!?!!?

I have everything running through my receiver / HDMI. It doesn't matter what I change it to, bitstream DTS, DD, HDMI 5.1 or 7.1. The only way to get surround sound audio is to change it to stereo and then fake it on the receiver w/ prologic... if I leave
    it on any of the above settings the only speakers that work are left and right channel speakers even though the receiver says its sending the signal to all five speakers.. Never had a problem until the april update.
  4. Sgt ScubasteveO Win User

Surrouns Sound Won't Quite Work

I have very similiar problems with my surround sound. I have my xbox set to output DTS through the HDMI port though. I have zero dialogue coming out of the center speaker no matter what. I also sometimes get no audio at all and have to either reset my system,
    or switch the audio to 5.1 uncompressed and then back to DTS again for it to work.

I am using an HDMI switch between the Xbox and the TV. I suppose I could try going straight to the TV, but I have never had any problems before doing DTS through it.
  5. Skeeter Quill Win User

HDMI vs optical digital audio.

Hey there,

HDMI has a much higher audio bandwidth than optical. HDMI is capable of transmitting uncompressed 5.1 and 7.1 surround, basically sending the sound for each speaker separately. Optical however can only deliver compressed surround, so basically the console
    has to compress the audio, then the receiver will have to decompress it the other end.

So if you have the option, use HDMI and set your console to uncompressed 5.1/7.1 rather than Dolby or DTS and Dolby and DTS are both compression methods for surround.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox one console- audio hdmi out only via seconde hdmi tv in

Hello Proof,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. There is no way for audio to be sent outward through the HDMI in. There is an optical audio jack and the HDMI out.

Only other options are in the audio output settings.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

DTS X loss of HDMI Audio - no audio through speakers, only A20 Wireless

1. DTS X loss of HDMI Audio - no audio through speakers, only A20 Wireless - Similar Threads - DTS loss HDMI

2. Can't enable Dolby dts headphone:X since April console update!

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't enable Dolby dts headphone:X since April console update!: My console downloaded the April update last night and now no matter what I do I can't enable Dolby dts headphone:X. A little annoying since A: it sounds better than windows sonic and B: I paid $20...
  3. I purchased DTS headphone X and never received it, and Microsoft refuses to refund me!! and...

in XBoX on Windows
    I purchased DTS headphone X and never received it, and Microsoft refuses to refund me!! and...: I purchased DTS headphone X and never received it, and Microsoft refuses to refund me!! and refuse to give me the item I clearly own and can be seen in my orders as PURCHASED! ALL THEY DO IS SEND...
  4. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows issues with DTS/Atmos/Sonic spatial audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows issues with DTS/Atmos/Sonic spatial audio: Hey I'm syncing my Razer Kaira Pro to the Xbox Adapter but when I enable spatial sound like DTS/Atmos/Sonic it stutters when I'm playing video games? I've tried my old Turtlebeach Stealth 600 Gen...
  5. DTS Sound Unbound repeating uodate

in XBoX on Windows
    DTS Sound Unbound repeating uodate: I’m trying to setup DTS Sound Unbound for my new Arctic 9X headset since it says it’s equipped with the DTS technology, however when I’m trying to launch the app on my Xbox it keeps repeating the...
  6. Sound Delay Bug XSX 5.1 Dolby/DTS

in XboX Insiders
    Sound Delay Bug XSX 5.1 Dolby/DTS: Xbox Series X connected through an optical HDMI cable to Philips Oled 808 TV. TV connected through optical cable to a 5.1 surround system (logitech z906) Everytime is start my console i have a...
  7. DTS sound unbound

in XBoX on Windows
    DTS sound unbound: If I pay $19.99 for this audio is it a monthly subscription type thing or a one and done deal? 05c49531-35a4-406a-9e4e-52fab2c2d1af
  8. My Xbox one X doesn't recognize my DTS/Atmos license. I have both. I don't want to believe...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one X doesn't recognize my DTS/Atmos license. I have both. I don't want to believe...: My Xbox one X doesn't recognize my DTS/Atmos license. I have both. I don't want to believe I have to purchase them again. 9e725e6a-03a2-45cc-b77d-0b4f98b36d3c
  9. Dolby Atmos and DTS issues Xbox 1

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos and DTS issues Xbox 1: I was playing Call of Duty MW2 this evening (May 3, 2023) and everything worked fine. Then it stopped. I uninstalled the apps, reinstalled them, restarted my xbox a few times, but the key issue...
  10. Xbox series x not recognizing Dolbe Atmos or DTS

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x not recognizing Dolbe Atmos or DTS: This evening my Xbox switched to the Sonic codec in the middle of playing a game. When I tried to switch it back to either Dolby Atmos for Headphones or DTS:X. It tells me I need to purchase a...