Dropping connection mid-game

Discus and support Dropping connection mid-game in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For the past few months, I’ve been dealing with my Xbox dropping connection every 1-10 minutes and it (usually) picks back up and resumes the game in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Cameron Howell, Oct 25, 2022.

1. Dropping connection mid-game

For the past few months, I’ve been dealing with my Xbox dropping connection every 1-10 minutes and it (usually) picks back up and resumes the game in about 10 seconds to 2 minutes. I realize that right before this happens my (I believe outgoing) packet loss sky rockets and when it picks connection back up my packet loss falls back down from around 90% to 0%. We have very good internet, always running around 30 ping and 50-150 mbps download speed. 500 dollar net gear nighthawk router. We do have a lot of devices connected. Xbox has a IPv4 address. I’ve tried hard restarting the router, resetting everything in the advanced settings, and I still lose connection and freeze in game every 1-10 minutes. I recently went on vacation and brought my Xbox with me and the problems I did not continue, but when I got back to my house the problems came back. No idea what to try next. Any help at all is greatly appreciated. I have a Xbox Series S.

:)

Cameron Howell, Oct 25, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Thank you so much for the detailed information, since it’s working just fine when connected on a different network connection it means that the issue is with your home network connection. If I may ask, are you connected wirelessly or via wired?

Please perform an extended powercycle and reset your network hardware by following the steps below:

1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.
  3. THEallMYdB Win User

Warface Xbox 360 Edition

Just some friendly feedback. Really enjoying the Beta thus far. Just a couple things: 1) still dropping connection mid-game. Not as frequent anymore but still happens. 2) Today I've noticed that rather than dropping connection mid-game, I've started losing
    connection to the servers totally. I'll get dropped all the way out, it'll say "Warface not available now, try again later.", and I'll have to log back in. 1st time it happened I thought it was for an update but ended up not being. I've also tried connecting
    both wirelessly and hard connected, both seem to drop connection at the same rate.
  4. ash2k83 Win User

Rep question.

I've never been abusive in games,I know a couple of years ago my connection used to drop out mid game so I'm guessing that contributed to my 3 and a half stars.
  5. DLali Win User

Can no longer connect to Xbox live-help!!

Same here, i have problems connecting, it drops me off mid downloading content, with various error codes. Really frustrating.
  6. MUDYCJ Win User

Xbox Live Disconnecting?

having the same issue tonight. Has been fine until tonight. Now getting dropped from xbox live in mid game about every 20 minutes and when I try to connect again I get cant connect to xbox live.... test your connection. But instead I try to connect again
    and I get in. Play for about 20 minutes and get dropped again....

My NAT is open.
Thema:

1. Dropping connection mid-game - Similar Threads - Dropping connection mid

2. Random Fps drops

in XBoX on Windows
    Random Fps drops: I need help with my pc as it has been having some issues while gaming. I have a rtx 4060, AMD Ryzen 5 7600 and i was playing a game and wanted a different skin and the website that I was on I have...
  3. Dropped Xbox off shelf now it power zone for 10 seconds and power out back off what can I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dropped Xbox off shelf now it power zone for 10 seconds and power out back off what can I...: Yes I dropped my Xbox One off the shelf and now at power zone for 10 seconds shows a Xbox One logo and power is off so there's no trouble shooting can be done any ideas Would be greatly...
  4. Xbox series S had a small drop and now I need to sign back in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S had a small drop and now I need to sign back in: Xbox series s had a small drop and the power cord got unplugged. when it was started back up it said it was Preparing and to not turn it off. I was then sent to a menu with 6 square buttons with...
  5. Internet speed drops while streaming game. How can I fix it?

in XBoX on Windows
    Internet speed drops while streaming game. How can I fix it?: I have 2 PC's. Using worse one - streaming with no issues on discord and twitch. Using new one - The moment I start stream internet speed slows down and I cant do anything on internet untill I...
  6. When I drop my Xbox series s on my bed lightly the inside of the Xbox makes a weird noise...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I drop my Xbox series s on my bed lightly the inside of the Xbox makes a weird noise...: When I drop my Xbox series s on my bed lightly the inside of the Xbox makes a weird noise with this aswell when I go on my Xbox it gets hot quickly and the Xbox makes some sort of ticking noise....
  7. I bought a new RH. 008 Wireless Controller. Connected it to my Xbox One. It keeps dropping...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought a new RH. 008 Wireless Controller. Connected it to my Xbox One. It keeps dropping...: Where might I find the PID number? An RH-00. 8 wireless controller. ce9f62c6-fd09-4610-a19f-da86fb8ec094
  8. Does anyone know how to fix my Wi-Fi connection dropping every 5 minutes?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to fix my Wi-Fi connection dropping every 5 minutes?: While trying to download a game update my wifi connection keeps dropping roughly every 5 minutes. I’m connected with Starlink wirelessly and I’m watching my data screen. No other devices lose...
  9. issue with xbox dropping wifi connection

in XboX Insiders
    issue with xbox dropping wifi connection: whenever i turn my xbox on it drops its wifi connection for a bit then picks it up again and this has started recently dont know if its a update or if its my xbox series X having hardware issues...
  10. Xbox Series X drops wifi connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X drops wifi connection: Xbox Series X drops wifi connection and the won't be able to find any wifi. I have to reset my Xbox and keep my games and apps just so it will find my wifi. Any way to fix this? It happens every...