Drive issue. Disks not reading since update.

Discus and support Drive issue. Disks not reading since update. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Since the October update, whenever I insert a disk, it no longer auto boots. If I select the icon on the dash, it says I don't own the disk and should... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jonesy201, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Jonesy201
    Jonesy201 Guest

Since the October update, whenever I insert a disk, it no longer auto boots. If I select the icon on the dash, it says I don't own the disk and should go to the store.

I have to eject the disk and re-insert it for it to autoboot.

Autoplay is selected in settings.

Anyone else having this issue?

:)

Jonesy201, Oct 22, 2017
  2. Hordie
    Hordie Guest
    Disk Drive Not Reading

Hi CaptREX501,

Sorry you're having issues with your drive. That sound is definitely not normal. If you're now having issues reading discs or its causing any damage to the discs I would use the link below and submit a repair on your Xbox. If you've had the console longer
    than a year you will need to pay to have it serviced, which is far less than a new console.

http://myservice.xbox.com

Hordie, Oct 22, 2017
  3. CaptREX501
    CaptREX501 Guest
    Disk Drive Not Reading

Hi occasionally my disk drive dose not read my Xbox One Game disk and or makes a grinding sound almost.

This has been happening for a while and has only gotten more common

One of the only way that i can fix it is to put a CD or other disk in.

By the time I wanted to buy a warranty for it It was too late

CaptREX501, Oct 22, 2017
  4. Mister Gwyther Win User

My Disk Drive wont read games since the update.

Hey there guys! As this thread is particularly old, can you both please create a new thread in this forum detailing your specific issue and all steps you have already tried to resolve it? We'll be happy to assist you there, thanks!
  5. Harkolic Win User

NO kidding! How many forum posts and threads must I read?!

And the Forums Support always says the following, "send it in for repair" or "...please create a new thread in this forum detailing your specific issue and all steps you have already tried to resolve it? We'll be happy to assist you there,..."

I gotta throw in the BS flag on this! I've seen posts get the KIBOSH where too many players start posting about how their systems die (IE: No discs reads) after a big update, such as the FALL 2012 dashboard update.... Hmmmm sounds familiar from having read
    this thread about the 2011 FALL update.

Seriously Forum Support guy, if you're just going to repeat the usual BS you're told to rattle off then NO THANKS, you're unhelpful.

...But have a nice day, at least running good people in circles without posting any real solution keeps you employed.
  6. Knightmare1766 Win User

I just checked mine, I have the Hiitachi drive on a pre-hdmi model of the xbox 360. It was the one sent to me as a replacement for my launch 360 (after the red ring of death). So far two major issues with this console, and no acknowledgement that there
    is even a problem from Microsoft. I wonder if they think I'm going to upgrade to a newer console?
  7. PixelPatch Win User

everyone in the uk affected can always go to watchdog, they called microsoft on the wrongful console bans a few months ago. microsoft denied anything wrong with their system, yet when watchdog looked into it, microsoft suddenly found a problem with the system...
  8. Republican 36O Win User

Check this video out on youtube, it helped with our disc read and open tray issues after Fall 2011 Update, no guarantees, but something is better then nothing. Good luck!

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho0Bp2FUb0Y]
Thema:

1. Drive issue. Disks not reading since update. - Similar Threads - Drive issue Disks

2. DVD Drive Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    DVD Drive Issue: I have an Xbox 360 and the DVD drive is not reading any games. I have tried different games and I get the same result. I open the tray and put the game in the it says "reading" but doesn't load...
  3. Is there a known issue with 8TB SSD USB 3 drives for Series X?

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a known issue with 8TB SSD USB 3 drives for Series X?: I bought a legit Samsung 8TB 870 QVO USB drive. After I format it in Windows then attach it to my Series X, it is recognized and option given to install games there etc, etc. Setup and initial...
  4. Xbox one original forza edition hard drive issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one original forza edition hard drive issue: Hi all, looking for help with installing a new hard drive into my console. I have already tried alot of different ways but have been very unsuccessful. I have taken the broken hard drive out of...
  5. A Connection issue driving me nuts

in XBoX on Consoles
    A Connection issue driving me nuts: Hi, and deepest thanks to any who can help. This issue with an XBOX S. The situation: The console is connected to the internet through wired connection. The network testing results in "It's all...
  6. Issues with Hard Drive replacement in Xbox one post update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with Hard Drive replacement in Xbox one post update: Hey all I'll try to keep it brief and succinct, and happy to answer any further questions regarding what I have attempted. Mainly posting to bring more attention to what seems to be a pre...
  7. can't download games to hard drive on xbox gamepass, ran into weird issue with the h drive...

in XBoX on Consoles
    can't download games to hard drive on xbox gamepass, ran into weird issue with the h drive...: so when i tried to download games to my h drive it would never let me, and nothing i found on here or anywhere else would help, and when i was messing around trying to find a solution, i went to...
  8. External Hard Drive Undetectable Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive Undetectable Issue: Hello Everyone, I had a Seagate HALO HDD of 5TB that I used with my Xbox Series S until Feb'23 when I upgraded to a Series X. When I left the house for several days, I adjusted the power settings...
  9. Segate gaming drive issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Segate gaming drive issues: I have a 5tb segate gaming drive that currently cycles on and off while the console is being used or not. I would like to see if there is any way to resolve this issue because cannot use the drive...
  10. Best external hard drive to use and do they cause any issue to xbox one

in XBoX on Windows
    Best external hard drive to use and do they cause any issue to xbox one: I'm on xbox one S and not sure why I keep getting xbox one green logo screen when I start yhe xbox one. ccbdf64e-1a5d-4bb3-8553-d9f3afa854a3