Drive issue. Disks not reading since update.

Discus and support Drive issue. Disks not reading since update. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Since the October update, whenever I insert a disk, it no longer auto boots. If I select the icon on the dash, it says I don't own the disk and should... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jonesy201, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Jonesy201
    Jonesy201 Guest

Since the October update, whenever I insert a disk, it no longer auto boots. If I select the icon on the dash, it says I don't own the disk and should go to the store.

I have to eject the disk and re-insert it for it to autoboot.

Autoplay is selected in settings.

Anyone else having this issue?

:)

Jonesy201, Oct 22, 2017
  2. Hordie
    Hordie Guest
    Disk Drive Not Reading

Hi CaptREX501,

Sorry you're having issues with your drive. That sound is definitely not normal. If you're now having issues reading discs or its causing any damage to the discs I would use the link below and submit a repair on your Xbox. If you've had the console longer
    than a year you will need to pay to have it serviced, which is far less than a new console.

http://myservice.xbox.com

Hordie, Oct 22, 2017
  3. CaptREX501
    CaptREX501 Guest
    Disk Drive Not Reading

Hi occasionally my disk drive dose not read my Xbox One Game disk and or makes a grinding sound almost.

This has been happening for a while and has only gotten more common

One of the only way that i can fix it is to put a CD or other disk in.

By the time I wanted to buy a warranty for it It was too late

CaptREX501, Oct 22, 2017
  4. f1ghtmebr0 Win User

What's wrong with my account?

I don't think this a problem with your profile. From what you wrote it seems like an issue with the game. I'm assuming that it is a disk. Try installing the disk to your hard drive. I recommend installing all games if you have the memory. This just seems
    to be a problem with the disk being read. About the system update just let the update update. Let me know if Installing the game to your hard drive fixes it.
  5. Mister Gwyther Win User

My Disk Drive wont read games since the update.

Hey there guys! As this thread is particularly old, can you both please create a new thread in this forum detailing your specific issue and all steps you have already tried to resolve it? We'll be happy to assist you there, thanks!
  6. Harkolic Win User

NO kidding! How many forum posts and threads must I read?!

And the Forums Support always says the following, "send it in for repair" or "...please create a new thread in this forum detailing your specific issue and all steps you have already tried to resolve it? We'll be happy to assist you there,..."

I gotta throw in the BS flag on this! I've seen posts get the KIBOSH where too many players start posting about how their systems die (IE: No discs reads) after a big update, such as the FALL 2012 dashboard update.... Hmmmm sounds familiar from having read
    this thread about the 2011 FALL update.

Seriously Forum Support guy, if you're just going to repeat the usual BS you're told to rattle off then NO THANKS, you're unhelpful.

...But have a nice day, at least running good people in circles without posting any real solution keeps you employed.
  7. Knightmare1766 Win User

I just checked mine, I have the Hiitachi drive on a pre-hdmi model of the xbox 360. It was the one sent to me as a replacement for my launch 360 (after the red ring of death). So far two major issues with this console, and no acknowledgement that there
    is even a problem from Microsoft. I wonder if they think I'm going to upgrade to a newer console?
  8. PixelPatch Win User

everyone in the uk affected can always go to watchdog, they called microsoft on the wrongful console bans a few months ago. microsoft denied anything wrong with their system, yet when watchdog looked into it, microsoft suddenly found a problem with the system...
Thema:

1. Drive issue. Disks not reading since update. - Similar Threads - Drive issue Disks

2. Alpha Skip Ahead Ring and Replacing Hard Disk Drive Issue

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha Skip Ahead Ring and Replacing Hard Disk Drive Issue: I am in the Alpha Skip Ahead Ring with an Xbox One X. I forgot to unenroll my console from the program before replacing my Hard Disk Drive with an SSD. Where can I get the Offline System Update...
  3. Xbox 360 disk drive issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 disk drive issues: Pretty sure this might get few answers due to the dating of the xbox 360, but here goes. I recieved a hand me down xbox 360 from my uncle a little over a year ago, and over the past months we have...
  4. Issues with my Xbox X disk drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with my Xbox X disk drive: Hello, I hadn't played for two months and I restarted two days ago. First day, everything was perfect after updating the console and games. Second day, I had an 0x82D40004 error while the game...
  5. day one edition console disk drive issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    day one edition console disk drive issue: Hey I was able to use the disk drive to play games when I first got my console for about a week, since then I have just got the insert disk issue. I can hear it rev up trying to read the disk bu...
  6. Day One Xbox One console disk drive issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Day One Xbox One console disk drive issues.: Been dealing with various stuttering and grinding noises coming from my day one Xbox One for over a year now but it's finally started not being able to read some, if not most, of the disks I've...
  7. Xbox One disk drive issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One disk drive issues: Is there any remotely easy way to self repair the disk drives. Its honestly ridiculous how Microsoft wont honor repairs on them after 1 year. Its one of the major issues plaguing the console. I...
  8. Xbox one disk drive suddenly not reading any format of disk. Is it online issue related? Any ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one disk drive suddenly not reading any format of disk. Is it online issue related? Any ...: Hi Guy's My Xbox one suddenly stopped reading all formats of disk Blu ray,DVD or Xbox One games on 27/12 The dashboard just says insert disk and then comes up with a error code. Sometimes the...
  9. Day One Xbox - Disk Drive Issue.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Day One Xbox - Disk Drive Issue.: Hey guys, here is my issue. I got a day one Xbox One Titan-Fall bundle system the day it came out here in Australia, unfortunately it was not with a disk but with a download coupon and i used...
  10. Issues with disk drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with disk drive: Hey all this has been happening to me off and on for a while. When I have a game in my system and I try to eject it, it stays inside and won't eject. Following Microsoft's instructions I inserted...