drive doesnt show up only when try to install fh5 but shows up when i try to install fh4

Discus and support drive doesnt show up only when try to install fh5 but shows up when i try to install fh4 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So i tried downloading fh5 onto my ssd because its optimization sucks and normal drives can't run it, and now the it doesn't let me choose any other... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Thomas Pinckers, Jul 6, 2022.

1. drive doesnt show up only when try to install fh5 but shows up when i try to install fh4

So i tried downloading fh5 onto my ssd because its optimization sucks and normal drives can't run it, and now the it doesn't let me choose any other drive than my C: drive, when i try to download fh4 they show up? please let me know how to fix because it's not like you let me refund the game anyways and last time i made a help thread no-one fixed **** either.

:)

Thomas Pinckers, Jul 6, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

drive doesnt show up only when try to install fh5 but shows up when i try to install fh4

Thanks for the feedback Thomas!

I think this is due to FH5 and probably the most recent games since the creation of the Xbox PC app requires now a drive formatted as NTFS.

If I remember well, FH4 was released before Xbox PC app was created (launched directly on MS Store)
  3. Thomas Pinckers Win User

Hello Josef,

Thanks, I wasn't doing great...

I am on a laptop but it is with the secondary drive, the old one died and when i had to replace it i figured might aswell try downloading fh5 again.

But as seen in my message above it didn't go as planned.

Now luckily because of your tip i checked the format type on my new ssd, it happend to be exFat so i changed it up to NTFS real quick.

It works now and i can install it on the drive.

But i still find it weird that i could download fh4 on the drive but not fh5, would you happen to know what caused this?

Thank you for your help

Best Regards,

Thomas
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Thomas

Is this happening on PC?
    If yes, the drive where you want to install FH5 is already formatted as NTFS and you already select it as where new content is being installed?
  5. DonProfita777 Win User

Wont install games

Same for me. it is not installing any game i have from my ready to install section. it does nothing when clicking on install and when i try to manage game and then install all, it gives the "Something went wrong" message with an error code 0x000ffff which
    doesnt show up on the error code list.
  6. Onyx Is Here Win User

Device not showing up when trying to install a free trial

Sorry to hear it. With the proper account signed in to the Xbox app please try shutting your pc fully down then restart it to see if that helps.
Thema:

1. drive doesnt show up only when try to install fh5 but shows up when i try to install fh4 - Similar Threads - drive doesnt show

2. Xbox app. for windows doesnt see my ext drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app. for windows doesnt see my ext drive: Hello, Xbox app. for windows doesnt see my external but my ext drives his format ntsfd (see my pict) [img] [img] 9202c5de-e069-4ecd-85cb-e52ceb507a5d
  3. my D drive doesnt show up when i go to install a game on xbox pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my D drive doesnt show up when i go to install a game on xbox pc: it shows up fine in the settings and i have it selected as my default but when i got to actually click install it only shows up with my C drive. i have tryed to reinstall the app, restart my pc,...
  4. Replaced disc drive, but doesnt read discs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Replaced disc drive, but doesnt read discs: Hi, I recently grabbed a 2nd hand xbox with a broken disc drive on the cheap. I then bought a brand new xbox drive and switched out the daughter board. Never soldered before, but the wires...
  5. i have xbox 360 that doesnt work anymore,{fell off shelf}. can i take the hard drive out...

in XBoX on Windows
    i have xbox 360 that doesnt work anymore,{fell off shelf}. can i take the hard drive out...: my xbox 360 fell off shelf and broke, can i take the hard drive out and put into another 36k0 and play the games, i bought the other console used, it also has a few games on it....
  6. My xbox doesnt recognize my external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox doesnt recognize my external hard drive: I just bought a 3.0 hard drive with a capacity of 2 tb, but my Xbox One doesn't recognize it. ¿What can I do to make it work? 955ce346-4413-4b2e-8101-dfea4e4c20b4
  7. my external drive doesnt work correctly

in XBoX on Consoles
    my external drive doesnt work correctly: my external drive just Shows a Music note Icon and when i click on it i cant Formate it. ive tried everything on PC. i formated it to NTFS and FATex i also deleted absolute everything and it still...
  8. My xbox doesnt recognize my external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox doesnt recognize my external hard drive: I just bought a 3.0 hard drive with a capacity of 2 tb, but my Xbox One doesn't recognize it. ¿What can I do to make it work? 7ec19c3d-fdea-4369-bff3-cd78851ade59
  9. Xbox one External Hard drive doesnt have offline support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one External Hard drive doesnt have offline support: Split from this thread. I'm having the same problem, let me describe the issue. I have many games installed on the external hdd. If I go offline mode, I can play the games. If I unplug the hdd...
  10. external drive doesnt detect

in XBoX Games and Apps
    external drive doesnt detect: My external drive doesnt detect anymore. Yesterday it was woking good and now it just stop for no reason. I tried all suppot tricks for try to resolve the problem but it does nothing. I know that...