Drive being detected but can't install any games on it.

Discus and support Drive being detected but can't install any games on it. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been using Xbox app on windows for a few years now and i have never had this problem before. A week ago i was able to install on my C drive... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MrPurple7, Dec 19, 2021.

1. MrPurple7
    MrPurple7 Guest

I have been using Xbox app on windows for a few years now and i have never had this problem before.

A week ago i was able to install on my C drive freely and i also had the option to change folder.

Few days ago i installed a game on my C drive and then played it that very night.

I woke up the following morning and i tried to play the game again and i got a message but no error code of any kind. It said something along the lines of " game not found " and " storage device might be missing or disconnected "

My C drive is working fine it has my windows and other games on it.

I tried to Uninstall / Reinstall

I'm not sure if there is anything else i need to share to attempt to resolve this.

Thank you.

In Settings / General it is detecting my 3 main drives including the C drive where i would like to install games and a system reserved folder ( F ).
    Drive being detected but can't install any games on it. [​IMG]

This image below shows that I am able to change folder which is normal. This change folder also option also appears for D and F drive.

My C drive has no change folder option.

When I click " Install " on any game in the game pass section, This shows up with no (CDrive being detected but can't install any games on it. :) drive.

:)

MrPurple7, Dec 19, 2021
  2. Default_570 Win User

Xbox games are a nuisance for moving them around, Steam on the other hand can move games in bulk to another disk.
  3. XBF Lance J Win User

All games and data lost

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out. First we want to make sure the hard drive is being

detected
    and we want to check how much space is being taken up. If you can see a good chunk of that space being used but still can't see any games or apps, the data may have become corrupted. At this point the best option would be to format the hard drive,
    but this will be a last resort as it would for you guys to redownload everything.
  4. mdonovan31 Win User

HDD not displaying installed games

It wasn't and isn't that the storage isn't being detected. It's that it recognizes the hard drive is plugged in, tells me it's at 100% capacity, and shows no games. It tells me that I have 250 games ready to install even though it can identify the hard drive.
  5. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Glitched hard drives

6. HassanB Win User

update failed

The Ethernet Cable wouldn't be the issue here. The issue with this specific error code is that the XBOX 360 can't detect your storage device for your XBOX 360 to install the update.

If you can't get it to install correctly with that hard drive, try to remove the hard drive and use a USB Flash Drive and configure that with your XBOX 360 and try to install the update then.
Thema:

1. Drive being detected but can't install any games on it. - Similar Threads - Drive being detected

2. Not being able to play games on external hard drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Not being able to play games on external hard drive: Why can’t I play games on my external hard rice fa80c9e6-2a62-4a8b-93ef-811c874bbf99
  3. My Xbox gaming external hard drive isn't being detected by my Xbox one anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox gaming external hard drive isn't being detected by my Xbox one anymore: I've done everything Xbox said to do and I've done everything Seagate said and with there tools it passed all the test so why won't my Xbox detect my external drive...
  4. My sea gate external hard drive is not being recognized by my Xbox what can I do

in XBoX on Consoles
    My sea gate external hard drive is not being recognized by my Xbox what can I do: My sea gate hard drive is not being recognized by my Xbox aecc15d9-4ff3-482d-8634-a03f3a724a6e
  5. My hard drive is being recognized so why isn't it opening any of my games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My hard drive is being recognized so why isn't it opening any of my games?: I have my hard drive plugged into my Xbox and it is being recognized just got new cords for it, and it won't open or play any of my games. It's says there was an error opening the app, might need...
  6. External Hard drive not being recognized

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard drive not being recognized: I recently had exams so I haven’t been on my Xbox for about 3 weeks, I got on not long ago and played 1 game and then got off again and haven’t touched for a week- a week and a half and today I...
  7. How to see status of my hard drive being formatted Xbox. One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to see status of my hard drive being formatted Xbox. One: How to see status of my hard drive being formatted on Xbox one c5326d78-c937-4d8b-abfd-0d76e09bc44f
  8. What 2TB ssd can be used as internal drive for Xbox one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What 2TB ssd can be used as internal drive for Xbox one?: Looking to know what 2TB ssd works as Xbox internal drive replacement. I have tried and ACOS and a Samsung 870 EVO and had not luck. Anyone upgrading their Xbox one to a 2TB ssd, if you don't...
  9. Can physical copies be played on a PC disc drive?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can physical copies be played on a PC disc drive?: i got Titanfall 2 and wanted to play on my PC, i put it in the disc drive and it didn't load. I checked the Media player and it wasn't there.Can i play it on a PC?...
  10. What would be the best Xbox one s disc drive replacement kit I could get?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What would be the best Xbox one s disc drive replacement kit I could get?: What would be the best Xbox one s disc drive replacement kit I could get? 8c3795b9-966e-43ee-9b8c-c2e93cdbb7e0