Downloading

Discus and support Downloading in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I would have loved to have the Xbox one, but after 4 days of trying to get a game to download, I gave up. I don't have the fastest internet but I have... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by STEDDYMIMS, Sep 12, 2017.

1. STEDDYMIMS
    STEDDYMIMS Guest

Downloading

I would have loved to have the Xbox one, but after 4 days of trying to get a game to download, I gave up. I don't have the fastest internet but I have the fastest possible in my city. I exchanged for a PS4 and was playing in 15 min. After looking online,
    this seems to be a consistent issue. Not sure what the difference is. But Xbox, you better get on board.

:)

STEDDYMIMS, Sep 12, 2017
  2. Downloading after Downloading

That is a problem that happens when you try to download GTA V game and the online game packs at the same time. To solve this you should delete the game and clear you console cache three times:

support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

Download only the main game of GTA V and play the game normally for a while. After you can download the game packs.

DangerousBard, Sep 12, 2017
  3. Downloading after Downloading

I bought GTA yesterday and after waiting all night for it to download last night.....which it did finally do.....when I go to play it starts up as though the game is going to play and then down in the bottom right hand corner it says downloading again. This
    goes on forever with the GTA music playing and with tips on how to do things with the controller. But it does not advance past this screen. I do once in a while get an message up top saying "download stopped for game pack".

Can anyone help to get me past this?

StodgiestAsp6, Sep 12, 2017
  4. Downloading

Own both, just purchased Xbox one and have been surprised how slow the XB1 is downloading content in comparison with PS4. Installing promo title took an eternity (60GB). No problems with my connection (50+ mbps), no streaming while downloading, console is
    literally a few feet from router with no obstructions. Haven't sat there with a timer, but it does seem to take longer in my experience. It's a slower system in several respects compared to PS4 actually.

MalstormG-[xboxvenue], Sep 13, 2017
  5. " Do not discuss topics that are not related to Xbox or the topic of the forum. This includes creating comparison threads involving other console manufactures". Whoops (think they mean manufacturers).

Seriously, looking at guidelines though there isn't much opportunity for discussion here.

MalstormG-[xboxvenue], Nov 2, 2018
  6. DangerousBard Win User

Downloading after Downloading

That is a problem that happens when you try to download GTA V game and the online game packs at the same time. To solve this you should delete the game and clear you console cache three times:

support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

Download only the main game of GTA V and play the game normally for a while. After you can download the game packs.
  7. TheVerbalMurder Win User

Downloaded game not downloading

Hey there! There is actually an active service alert for downloading games on demand from the marketplace. All you can do is wait for the situation to be resolved.

HTTPS://www.xbox.com/status
  8. davemcfly85 Win User

Download Delete Download

yes as long as you are signed into the account that bought it you can re download as many times as you want for free.
  9. DigitalAssassin Win User

Downloaded game not downloading

Hi there, the only thing I can think of is did you ever go through your hard drive to see if there was a partial download of the game, possibly with a yellow triangle signalling that it's corrupted?

Sometimes these corrupted partial downloads can stop it from being re-download successfully the second time. See the link for more information on deleting games from your hard drive:

support.xbox.com/.../install-play-delete-game
  10. Smwutches Win User

Downloadeds

If you can post the error code that will help, but also note there is currently a service alert related to purchasing https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status?xr=shellnav
Thema:

Downloading

1. Downloading - Similar Threads - Downloading

2. Why is the download speed on xbox 360 0.01 mbps?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the download speed on xbox 360 0.01 mbps?!: I hooked up my 360 so i can play while my xbox one is being used and i have a few games that are not compatible on the new gens but its taking sooo long to download anything and its downloading at...
  3. Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?: Hi, I am on PC wanting to play one block that I bought from the marketplace about a year and a half ago but when I try and download it, it stays on 0 percent. I have tried multiple methods to fix...
  4. Download speed issues...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speed issues...: I have a 1gb connection, wired to my Xbox x and I usually get 200-400mbps download. Lately I have only been getting 70mbps and lower, doesn't matter what time I try, morning, day, middle of the...
  5. How can I download my xbox profile to my xbox 360 when its os keeps telling me my password...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I download my xbox profile to my xbox 360 when its os keeps telling me my password...: And don't give me some **** about two-step verification cause I got it disabled. 4f9e9087-d930-4e81-8174-5ac69ca0e78d
  6. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  7. Xbox series X No download progress

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X No download progress: Hello, Ive recently been having issues with my xbox series X downloads (game updates and downloads). In the queue it states updating but there is no speed in the top right corner and the bar...
  8. When downloading games will disconnect the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    When downloading games will disconnect the internet: While downloading a game my Xbox disconnects it’s self from the internet an stops downloading what’s it’s downloading help plz 2c6a3716-a900-4d4d-b193-298d8e67b3b0
  9. No Install button for remote download

in XBoX on Consoles
    No Install button for remote download: Hey yall hope you can help a brother out. I'm having an issue where I can't remote download a game to my xbox and yes, I've done everything Microsoft had said and even some of yall but I got no...
  10. My download of Minecraft 1.20.4 keep getting stuck at 59.82MB

in XBoX on Windows
    My download of Minecraft 1.20.4 keep getting stuck at 59.82MB: When i try to doenload a version of minecraft, it keep getting stuck at 59.82MB , my friends guve me a vode and when i try to do it, it keep getting stuck there, plss help...