Downloading games off of Xbox App starts and stops download every 7+ minutes hitting 0 MBs

Discus and support Downloading games off of Xbox App starts and stops download every 7+ minutes hitting 0 MBs in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey guys, Having an issue here and it happens quite often. I'm using Gamepass Ultimate and I'm trying to download games on the Xbox App on PC. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Darkened X Fire, Jul 2, 2022.

1. Downloading games off of Xbox App starts and stops download every 7+ minutes hitting 0 MBs

Hey guys,

Having an issue here and it happens quite often. I'm using Gamepass Ultimate and I'm trying to download games on the Xbox App on PC. I started downloading Wasteland 3 and it starts downloading for about 4-5 seconds and just freezes at 0 MB/s. I wait about 5-10 minutes and it finally starts downloading again for another 4-5 seconds and freezes again. 20gb download that would have taken me like 60s on any other software like Steam, is taking me like 30-40 minutes because it keeps freezing. Has anyone had this issue before? I can't really find this issue anywhere else. After about 3 start and stops the game fully downloads, but its just pure annoyance that it happens with all the games. Makes me want to unsub from Gamepass due to this.

I have Windows up to date and a high end system with no issues outside of the Xbox PC App.

:)

Darkened X Fire, Jul 2, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Downloading games off of Xbox App starts and stops download every 7+ minutes hitting 0 MBs

Hello, Darkened. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be glad to help you out.

Looks like a gaming service issue for me, since with other apps your connection is fine. Would you please try to reinstall the gaming services?

- Go to Start > Search for PowerShell > Right Click > Run as Administrator.

- In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

- In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

- Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

Also, please do these steps:
    - Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Xbox App > Advanced Options > Reset.

- Go to Start > Settings > Gaming > Xbox Networking > See if your connection test shows open NAT and connected to server. If you see any error on your connection test, please let me know.

- Restart your computer and see how it goes.
  3. Demaskinos Win User

Installation Stopped/XBOne Offline

Thanks MelodicMist60 the menu button gave me the option to try re-installing. (Download of COD Ghosts had stopped at 67% and given the 0x80070079 error code) After hitting re-intstall the game said it was ready to launch and resumed download from 67% rather
    than 0%

Previous attempts to re-start the download all failed with the error code despite my xbox continuing with an app download so clearly no actual connection error.
  4. M3rktiger Win User

Xbox Game Pass PC Installation

The suggested "gpedit.msc" does not exist within windows, and it isn't that the download speed is slow, it is that it stops completely, at the same percentage (7%), and at roughly the same number of MBs downloaded (for this particular game, it is 943.4MB) regardless of my actual download speed.
  5. Zach Hensley Win User

Games won't install past 9.32 GB, all games

Did all of the above same problem. Shows me 100 mb download speed once it hits 9.32 gbs downloaded the download speed goes away and it just stays on 9.32 gbs for hours until it will finally day installation stopped. It wasn't an issue with this new Xbox until I purchased a game on the store on the console and tried installing that game then it affected every single game I own. Has to be an issue with the Xbox store or something this is a brand new Xbox doing the same thing.
  6. Edgware110 Win User

Xbox App Windows 10 - Download SO SLOW with a Gigabit Speed

For me, the most annoying fact is that on my Xbox One S, almost every game in almost any time of the day downloads at 100 MB/s, downloading games like Sekiro which is 12 GB in like 3 minutes, meanwhile downloading Hades on my PC via Game Pass which is 11 GB takes like 10/15 or more minutes; heavier games are worse because the download speed isn't even consistent, it goes form max 10 MB/s to 339 kbps or something like that constantly.
Thema:

1. Downloading games off of Xbox App starts and stops download every 7+ minutes hitting 0 MBs - Similar Threads - Downloading games off

2. i have a blank screen on defender i downloaded ocean of games gta and turn off defender...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i have a blank screen on defender i downloaded ocean of games gta and turn off defender...: help plsss *Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Other* 0e68efce-9caf-4d52-a787-430259d2d384
  3. 0x8007001f Can’t download any games off game pass on Xbox one just brought ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    0x8007001f Can’t download any games off game pass on Xbox one just brought ultimate: Just brought game pass and wanted to download games but keep getting 0x8007001f when I try and I have plenty storage, I have hard reset my Xbox, factory reset my xbox and still won’t work...
  4. When I turn off the Xbox, the game download stops

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I turn off the Xbox, the game download stops: Hello. I download the game and when I turn off the Xbox, the download stops. I made all the settings for downloading, but it didn't work. I even reset the console, but it still didn't work. Can...
  5. So I am trying to find instant on for my Xbox 1 so my games will keep downloading while off...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So I am trying to find instant on for my Xbox 1 so my games will keep downloading while off...: I need help finding instant on 91f8a7f3-801c-459e-8a7f-85a35ac9cf48
  6. Unable to download a game off Microsoft store + Xbox app PC Error Code: 0x87E00196

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to download a game off Microsoft store + Xbox app PC Error Code: 0x87E00196: When i try to download a game on Microsoft store or xbox app it comes up with as problem, the error code is Code: 0x87E00196 and so far none of the videos related to this topic don't work. I have...
  7. Im trying to download a game but everytime i just turn off my pc, it gets cancelled and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Im trying to download a game but everytime i just turn off my pc, it gets cancelled and...: Im trying to download Sea Of Thieves and go back on the game but the thing is my internet is pretty bad so it would take a moment. I had no problems the first time i did installed it but this...
  8. When downloading a game off the Windows 10 Xbox app, the download speeds randomly drop to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When downloading a game off the Windows 10 Xbox app, the download speeds randomly drop to...: This has been happening when I was installing Just Cause 4: Reloaded (Bit of a let down). It's not a problem with my internet as literally everything else using internet is running smoothly, and i...
  9. Unable to download any game off of Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to download any game off of Game Pass: I recently bought the $1 3 Month version of the Game Pass, but am unable to download any of the games I click on. I am unable to download other games that are offered on the Microsoft store and...
  10. Error when trying to download games off of game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error when trying to download games off of game pass: hello, i purchased game pass recently and I tried to install forza horizon 5 and Minecraft Microsoft edition and it gave me this error code- 0x80070424 I tried to download some random game of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I want to download games using my MBs