Downloading free games with gold

Discus and support Downloading free games with gold in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Why in the world do I need a credit card to download a free game with gold from this website?! When I first joined Xbox it was not like this. This... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LetCross5014435, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Downloading free games with gold

Why in the world do I need a credit card to download a free game with gold from this website?! When I first joined Xbox it was not like this. This needs to be changed so that if you have gold and you want to download one of the free monthly games, you will
    be allowed to do so without using a credit card. A majority of people who play xbox are 15 or younger. Not all those people have credit cards, they but the prepaid-codes from Walmart in order to get live. This needs to be changed immediately.

:)

LetCross5014435, Sep 17, 2017
  2. bigbenx88
    bigbenx88 Guest
    Games Send Me To Home Screen!!! Why?

Maybe try downloading the free with gold games and see if they work OK for you. The free with gold games for Xbox One can be found here,

www.xbox.com/.../games-with-gold

bigbenx88, Sep 17, 2017
  3. XBF Nestor S
    XBF Nestor S Guest
    Free games with gold, downloading issue

Hey Tiny! As previously stated the
    Contact Us
    page on our website should redirect to the correct region for support! Give it a shot and let us know how it goes!

XBF Nestor S, Sep 17, 2017
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Even though they're free, the system needs a payment method to make a purchase. When Microsoft changes from points to currency, they never updated the store on the One/website to recognize your Microsoft account balance for 360 purchases. So you have to
    have a credit card/Paypal to make the purchase anywhere other than the 360 console.

Smwutches, Sep 17, 2017
  5. ClaireHudson
    ClaireHudson Guest
    Your response doesn't make anyone feel better about this, Mr. Smwutches.

Regardless of Microsoft's choice to have points or currency in our M-S Rewards Accounts, the value of the purchased gift card should be justification enough for Microsoft/Xbox to use it as payment.

The Support and/or Forum should have the information on "Whether or Not pre-paid gift cards have Expiration dates or Not" a LOT easier to Find (at LEAST have it Listed somewhere, preferably in the Xbox (or Windows*) Gift Cards TERMS OF USE, maybe?).

just My opinion, of course

Mom o'1

ClaireHudson, Nov 2, 2018
  6. WPAK Win User

problem live gold

Hi there,

in order to download Games with Gold for free, you will need a paid Xbox Live Gold subscription, any free trials will not count as Gold to allow purchasing those Games with Gold games for free
  7. steeledwand7664 Win User

Can guests using their own profile download free games if the owner is sharing xbox live gold

If you are talking about the free games with gold the answer is no only the account that has a paid (not a trial) gold subscription can download the free games with gold.
  8. MaximumExtreme Win User

Xbox gold games

You must be a gold member in order to get the games yes but you must download the games during the period they are free for gold. If they are no longer free for gold anymore then you missed the opportunity to get that game during the free with gold deal.
  9. davemcfly85 Win User

Question about Free Gold Weekend.

free gold weekends just let you play online for free you still need to have gold to download stuff that requires a gold membership like the free games for gold members.
  10. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi J,

If your profile does not have the gold subscription, you will not be able to download any free games with gold. You account needs a gold subscription also to access this. Sharing a gold subscription will not work that way in this case. If the account with
    the gold subscription downloads the free games then you can install them. Also, The game Elders scrolls online is on game pass was not a free game with gold. It is possible the game pass subscription is expired.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Downloading free games with gold - Similar Threads - Downloading free games

2. Can I set up and download free games via my computer with XBOX Series S?(have crappy wifi...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I set up and download free games via my computer with XBOX Series S?(have crappy wifi...: Can I set up and download free games via my computer with XBOX Series S?(have crappy wifi at home and need alternative to beefing up said wifi). Once games downloaded I won't be connecting to web....
  3. Why can’t I re-download clustertruck (a game I previously installed) for free now I have to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I re-download clustertruck (a game I previously installed) for free now I have to...: I re-downloaded clustertruck a game I used to play a lot and now I have to pay to re-download it which is stupid since I already paid for it now I have to pay again....
  4. Can I download Elder Scrolls Online for free on PC with the game pass?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I download Elder Scrolls Online for free on PC with the game pass?: I bought the $1 game pass for three months because it said it included Elder Scrolls Online, which I wanted to try out. However, microsoft store and the xbox app itself did not have it available...
  5. I cannot download the free game Sine Mora

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot download the free game Sine Mora: Why cant i download the games with gold for june 2020 Sine Mora To my xboxone? 0ec4347f-4599-4c18-9171-267019b25265
  6. I can't buy and download a game for free with Games With Gold (Shantae and the Pirate's Curse)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't buy and download a game for free with Games With Gold (Shantae and the Pirate's Curse): So today is probably the last day that "Shantae and the Pirate's Curse" is free with Games With Gold, and it won't let me buy to own for free. Is it because I already downloaded it with my Xbox...
  7. Where can i download a tigerwoods golf game for free

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where can i download a tigerwoods golf game for free: I need a tiger woods golf game and dont have money can someone help me please 6ab20c79-517f-47b1-9365-c4265a46f9a8
  8. Download a game that's not free

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Download a game that's not free: I am installing wwe it's not free but I can install it will it cost money 800c2423-129a-4bae-b71b-1dc9e24ad15f
  9. Impossible to download xbox 360 free games with Game with Gold

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Impossible to download xbox 360 free games with Game with Gold: Hello, I have an Xbox Gold Subscription since nearly 15 years. Since last september, i cannot download free xbox 360 games that are in Gold With Gold Subscription every month. I have tried my...
  10. If I have an Xbox game on disk am I able to download it for free?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I have an Xbox game on disk am I able to download it for free?: I have 2 xbox systems that my kids share. One is set up as home xbox. We have NBA2K20 on disk. Is it possible to download it for free so we can have it loaded on both xbox systems? When we...