Downloading cloud saves isn’t working..

Discus and support Downloading cloud saves isn’t working.. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Trying to play a backwards compatibility game, but it comes up saying “downloading save games” after some it says “unable to sync cloud saves”.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by sharonhatton, Mar 28, 2023.

1. sharonhatton
    sharonhatton Guest

Trying to play a backwards compatibility game, but it comes up saying “downloading save games” after some it says “unable to sync cloud saves”.

:)

sharonhatton, Mar 28, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

We may need to perform an extended powercycle and reset your network hardware by following the steps below:

" 1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state."
  3. Ringlercorp Win User

Cloud Sync Not Working

This moderator is clearly copying and pasting old data from the Xbox One days. This troubleshoot doesn’t work on Xbox Series X or S consoles.

“Cloud saved games” isn’t an option anymore.

I can’t find how to force a cloud sync. I can’t play Starfield on my other console in another room because the data won’t sync.

What’s the point of cloud saving if it doesn’t actually save???
  4. Reactor Leak SF Win User

forza horizon4 archive corruption

Definitely let us know if that works. If you

delete the local game and the cloud save doesnt work....then either the cloud save itself is corrupted or something is wrong with your system when trying to download it, neither of which is good
  5. CarTzy Win User

Cloud sync isn’t working

Hello TROYBAISCH,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this has caused you. We understand that you have lost both your local and cloud saves for the past month, despite playing and saving regularly on your Series X. We also understand that you have tried several troubleshooting steps, such as deleting and reinstalling the game, and using cloud gaming only, but none of them have resolved the problem. We appreciate your feedback and we are aware that some other users have reported similar issues with Starfield on the Series X. In the meantime, please do not delete any more data from your console or cloud storage, as it may affect the recovery process.

Here are some steps you can try to resolve it:

- Check the Xbox Live service status and see if there are any outages or maintenance that could affect cloud syncing. You can do this by visiting Xbox Status | Xbox Support

- Clear the local saved games cache on your console. To do this, go to Settings > System > Storage > Clear local saved games. This will not delete any of your cloud saves, but it will force your console to sync with the cloud again.

- Power cycle your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for 10 seconds, then unplugging the power cord for 30 seconds. This will clear any temporary files and refresh your console's connection.

- Try playing Starfield offline and see if your local saves are restored. To do this, go to Settings > Network > Network settings > Go offline. Then launch Starfield and load your game. If you see your recent saves, you can go back online and try syncing them with the cloud.

- If none of these steps work, you may need to contact Bethesda support and report the issue with Starfield. They may have more specific solutions or updates for this game. You can reach them at Home - Bethesda Support

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I appreciate your cooperation and understanding. Have a great day!
  6. Timothy Westman-Bart Win User

Store Save Data on External Drive

All save data is stored on the internal drive for any game that it was downloaded for. All save data is also stored online. Save data is downloaded when you install a game and when a game is opened (if the cloud service says the console’s data isn’t the
    latest version), usually after the Press Menu title screen, when the Syncing Save Data popup pops up. Some games appear to also have extra “save data” stored locally. That is, data space reserved for the game. So the game doesn’t need to worry about not having
    space.
Thema:

1. Downloading cloud saves isn’t working.. - Similar Threads - Downloading cloud saves

2. Downloading vs. Cloud gaming vs. Remote gaming??

in XboX Insiders
    Downloading vs. Cloud gaming vs. Remote gaming??: If I download my games to my laptop or an external harddrive will it be less sluggish? Is cloud gaming better than remote play for long distances? I live in alabama but work in north dakota. I...
  3. I can't download games or access cloud storage on my Xbox 360.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't download games or access cloud storage on my Xbox 360.: I'm having some download issues with the Xbox 360. I am on wireless internet connection, and my wireless is perfectly fine but the console is only reading the download speed at 0.01 Mbps, when my...
  4. Is there any way to transfer the save data from playing on the cloud to the downloaded...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there any way to transfer the save data from playing on the cloud to the downloaded...: I’ve been playing Stardew Valley through cloud gaming on my pc and i recently installed it so the game runs smoother. However, i discovered that my save data was not on the installed version and...
  5. Hello if I play a game on cloud and then download the game will I have to start from the start?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello if I play a game on cloud and then download the game will I have to start from the start?: Hello if I play a game on cloud and then download the game will I have to start from the start again ? 0a0306b1-1a30-46b9-8cbc-c065de2902c3
  6. Syncing Xbox Cloud Gaming with downloaded game pass game

in XboX Insiders
    Syncing Xbox Cloud Gaming with downloaded game pass game: Hello, so i have a windows PC and a Steam Deck, and i wanted to play the upcoming forza motorsport and horizon 5. I have a question though, if i played the game locally on my PC and i use cloud...
  7. Xbox S game crush in cloud also when downloaded

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox S game crush in cloud also when downloaded: Hi! I bought my xbox s 1 week ago. I don’t have ant problems with other games but with Sims4. I downloaded it and tried to open, while game is loading, it crushed. I tried many times, reseting...
  8. Microsoft Flight simulator on cloud, is it possible to download mods for it, if yes how can I?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight simulator on cloud, is it possible to download mods for it, if yes how can I?: Is there a way to download mods like planes, liveries, etc for the MSFS on cloud. If yes can you please tell me how, Thanks! 9127e325-4947-495e-9e7b-231d39845c42
  9. How to download an Xbox app save from the cloud

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to download an Xbox app save from the cloud: Hello support! I've been meaning to download one of my saves from an Xbox app game I used to play (Hades). It seems it has been removed from the Gamepass-offered titles though, so I cannot access...
  10. How to manually download save game files from Microsoft Store cloud?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to manually download save game files from Microsoft Store cloud?: I'd played some games from Xbox game pass before. Then I bought the games I like on Steam. Now I don't have XGP subscription anymore so I can't download apps from the store, but I would like to...