Downloaded Game to Flash Drive on XBox360 Not Working After Console Shutdown

Discus and support Downloaded Game to Flash Drive on XBox360 Not Working After Console Shutdown in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have an xbox 360, update to date on all updates. Have a live account. Purchased Halo:Reach through the marketplace. purchased a compatible usb... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by PMCookAR, Jul 13, 2020.

1. PMCookAR
    PMCookAR Guest

I have an xbox 360, update to date on all updates. Have a live account.

Purchased Halo:Reach through the marketplace. purchased a compatible usb drive. plug usb drive into Xbox 360, recognized by the console. format it. download halo:reach onto the flash drive (my onboard only has 3gb available, it's
    a 6.7 gb download). successfully download game. able to play game initially. power the console off for the night. turn that console back on in the morning. sign in under profile that I downloaded game under, go to "my games". halo:reach not there. what's odd
    is that under my acheivements, it recognizes that I've been playing the game and have acheivements. I am even able to download the game again, if I format my flash drive to free up space. BUT, every time I turn off my console, it's as if it "resets" everything
    and won't recognize the game, even though the data is on the flash drive. I can go into the storage settings and it sees that it the data for the game is on the drive, it just won't let me play it unless I redownload it every time. once I power the console
    down, it's as if the console won't recognize the flash drive anymore.

Help

:)

PMCookAR, Jul 13, 2020
  2. Adapalene Win User

Kinect Carnival Game

@Mister Gwyther

Thank you sir! It finally works!

For everyone else - After configuring a 2gb usb flash drive for xbox360 use, I removed the HDD, then downloaded the kinect and system updates to usb, played Carnival game, it then 'checked for downloadable content' and this time did not freeze. I then inserted
    the HDD, transferred all data from the flash drive to HDD and removed the flash drive. I started up Carnival and it 'checked for downloadable content' and then surprise surprise it worked! No more freezing - PROBLEM SOLVED!!
  3. HENS2000 Win User

Install or no install?

So if I buy a flash drive it would be for only this game...do any of the flash drives work or does it have to be a xbox360 kind? and how many gb should i get?
  4. Danno McK. Win User

Xbox 360 Slim - Blinking Green Light

Similar to the Background Downloading that's existed for a while (and does the flashing green light in a "low power" mode after shutdown), the new Cloud Storage feature does its syncing after shutdown if the sync wasn't finished yet, and usually flashes
    for at least a few seconds while it checks whether the sync is necessary.
  5. ORROW BEE Win User

Update Issue - Is There an XBL Engineer in the House?

After struggling with this download myself for the past 6 days, I finally got the stupid download to work by simply using a flash drive for the download. I copied the entire unzipped folder onto the flash and I inserted the flash into the USB while the "con"
    was powered ON. The drive was recognized immediately, and after following the prompts and a short console restart the update was applied instantly. The only issue I couldn't be sure of was the fact that while I was trying to download the update through my
    console, my Turtle Beach x41 headset was attached via the USB drive on my console. I removed it when I finally tried the flash drive method and it worked perfectly.

The "Status Codes" I was receiving were: 3524-0000-3080-0506-8007-274C

3524-0000-3080-0502-8007-2746
  6. amatsutenchi Win User

Gamer tag Xbox

Try taking out the hard drive and pluging it back in you should be able to delete the profile from the hard drive.

after that click on sign in and then download profile, enter your credentials and the downloaded profile shouldn't be corrupted.

if it still is after the download you might want to try downloading it to a flash drive. if it works on the flash drive then there might be something wrong with your hard drive.
Thema:

1. Downloaded Game to Flash Drive on XBox360 Not Working After Console Shutdown - Similar Threads - Downloaded Game Flash

2. I can't download my game profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't download my game profile: [mod removed - personal information] c4b138f6-d0ab-451c-9970-59a1697eca6c
  3. if my gamepass expires will i be able to play games once downloaded

in XBoX Accessibility
    if my gamepass expires will i be able to play games once downloaded: if my gamepass expires will i be able to play games once downloaded d7e7c536-caa7-4db3-8ffa-708f64cb503b
  4. Where are we going to download games once the servers shut downs? Like how is this fair...

in XBoX on Windows
    Where are we going to download games once the servers shut downs? Like how is this fair...: Where are we going to download games once the servers shut down? 23360feb-5349-4c5b-8f11-343e48a7550f
  5. My Xbox wont open games I downloaded and I just bought it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox wont open games I downloaded and I just bought it: I tried opening 2k24 that I got off gamepass and the screen goes grey then brings me back to Home Screen does the same thing with Spotify but all the apps that came downloaded work fine...
  6. Can i reinstall windows without deleting my game name msfs, it is not downloaded in c drive...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i reinstall windows without deleting my game name msfs, it is not downloaded in c drive...: Hey there i bought a game which took me 30 hours to downloaded, becuase of less space on c drive i downloaded it on h drive,rn my windows is driving me crazy i want to know if i reinstall the...
  7. Issues downloading games from microsoft store

in XBoX on Windows
    Issues downloading games from microsoft store: Hi there, I recently downlloaded gears of war 4 from the microsoft store as i was having problems with the xbox pc game app capping my dowload speed, and when i opened the game after fully...
  8. I just got a new Microsoft PC and the game I download from steam auto crashes

in XBoX Accessibility
    I just got a new Microsoft PC and the game I download from steam auto crashes: I'm not sure if this is an issue with steam, the game or the PC so I'm just gonna post here first, I got a new computer for my birthday because I wanted to play a 3D dungeon crawler RPG (I...
  9. Have complaint, can't we have a offline game update to download on USB flash drive?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Have complaint, can't we have a offline game update to download on USB flash drive?: As title says it, I'm curious why we hadn't gotten this particular issue explained. It would be big help and boon for specific games to be updated for those who don't have Internet because they...
  10. Can I download xbox live game to Flash Disk?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I download xbox live game to Flash Disk?: Hello Everyone, I am newbie in xbox.I've bought xbox 360 slim 4gb already.Today, I bought madden nfl 15' and its just 7 gb.Can I download it into my 16 GB flash disk and Can I play it from the...