downloaded Fallout new Vegas "disc cannot be read"

Discus and support downloaded Fallout new Vegas "disc cannot be read" in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I downloaded fallout new Vegas a couple weeks ago. I can play for a few minuets but it always comes up with "disc cannot be read". I have literally... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by wga765, Jun 29, 2015.

1. wga765
    wga765 Guest

I downloaded fallout new Vegas a couple weeks ago. I can play for a few minuets but it always comes up with "disc cannot be read". I have literally done everything imaginable to get this game to work! I have re downloaded it, cleared my cache, I even formatted
    my hard drive and re downloaded it again. and it still comes up with the error "disc cannot be read" anyone figure out a way to get this game to work?

:)

wga765, Jun 29, 2015
  2. Game wont play

I bought Fallout: New vegas about 3 weeks ago. I just bought the DLCs yesterday, and now Fallout cannot be read by my xbox. PLEASE HELP!

TangyBabyGravy, Jun 29, 2015
  3. Azure Influx
    Azure Influx Guest
    Game Ideas

[quote user="Sword StyIe"]

Fallout: New Vegas has major technical difficulties. I'd recommend Red Dead Redemption if you haven't already played it.

[/quote]Fallpout nEw Vegas issues are rather forgiving, Red Dead Redemption, eh.

Good Games:

Bad Company 2,

Oblivion,

Brink, Fallout New Vages,

Shadowrun,

Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas,

Far Cry 2,

and more!

Azure Influx, Jun 29, 2015
  4. medina4all
    medina4all Guest

Hi there Tokteza, I might have a couple of solutions for you.

If you haven't already, try updating the game through Xbox Live.

Take the disc and softly wipe the front and back (Not including the middle) with a soft fabric.

Look at the Fallout:NV disc and look for any scratches. I've had my fair share of scratched games and if you find any I would highly suggest to spray just a little windex (Window Cleaner) on the disc then wipe around in a circle with a soft fabric (Don't
    wipe too much in the middle).

If the solutions above don't work then it's likely that you might need to buy a new copy (LAST RESORT). Hope this helps, let me know how it goes!

medina4all, Jun 29, 2015
  5. wga765
    wga765 Guest
    It's a downloaded game. Not a disc.

wga765, Jun 30, 2015
  6. medina4all
    medina4all Guest
    Whoops sorry about that, I guess I missed the obvious words that you downloaded it. Here is a solution, look at how big the game is, delete it, then download something around the same size as Fallout:NV. After that, go to settings then download Fallout:NV
    again and see if it works then. If this method doesnt work then I would contact Xbox Support. Hope this works!

medina4all, Jun 30, 2015
  7. Could be a corrupted download or hardware issue with your storage device. Unfortunately the Xbox 360 gives the same error for a failed hard drive read as it does for failed disc reads, hence the confusion.

Do as the above poster suggests, however you may not need to download the exact same amount of data - but it would help if you can - a few demo's should do the trick. Once you have the demo's (or other content), download Fallout NV again.

Let us know how you get on.

Obsessive Power, Nov 1, 2018
  8. bigdogkilla69 Win User

Skyrim Legendary Edition Disc 1 Won't Play

Im having the same issue with my fallout goty and fallout new vegas ultimate editon where it'll read the disk but not show up or install from any of the 360 discs but plays my x1 game discs fine
  9. medina4all Win User

Whoops sorry about that, I guess I missed the obvious words that you downloaded it. Here is a solution, look at how big the game is, delete it, then download something around the same size as Fallout:NV. After that, go to settings then download Fallout:NV
    again and see if it works then. If this method doesnt work then I would contact Xbox Support. Hope this works!
  10. Obsessive Power Win User

Could be a corrupted download or hardware issue with your storage device. Unfortunately the Xbox 360 gives the same error for a failed hard drive read as it does for failed disc reads, hence the confusion.

Do as the above poster suggests, however you may not need to download the exact same amount of data - but it would help if you can - a few demo's should do the trick. Once you have the demo's (or other content), download Fallout NV again.

Let us know how you get on.
  11. wga765 Win User

It's a downloaded game. Not a disc.
  12. medina4all Win User

Hi there Tokteza, I might have a couple of solutions for you.

If you haven't already, try updating the game through Xbox Live.

Take the disc and softly wipe the front and back (Not including the middle) with a soft fabric.

Look at the Fallout:NV disc and look for any scratches. I've had my fair share of scratched games and if you find any I would highly suggest to spray just a little windex (Window Cleaner) on the disc then wipe around in a circle with a soft fabric (Don't
    wipe too much in the middle).

If the solutions above don't work then it's likely that you might need to buy a new copy (LAST RESORT). Hope this helps, let me know how it goes!
Thema:

1. downloaded Fallout new Vegas "disc cannot be read" - Similar Threads - downloaded Fallout Vegas

2. I own the ultimate edition of fallout new vegas and it wont download my dlcs off of disc 2...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I own the ultimate edition of fallout new vegas and it wont download my dlcs off of disc 2...: I have deleted them from my drive tried reinstalling them and nothing is working the discs arent damaged at all and i lost all of my saves, i have 1700 hrs invested and its just gone. I want to...
  3. Error code: 0x80073d0d when trying to download fallout 4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code: 0x80073d0d when trying to download fallout 4: I have been experiencing a strange glitch when attempting to install fallout 4 to my windows 10 computer it gets to 100% before glitching and saying an unknown error occurred this is only...
  4. So I’m downloading Fallout 3 on my Xbox one I bought the digital version and the dlcs but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So I’m downloading Fallout 3 on my Xbox one I bought the digital version and the dlcs but...: All it’s saying is that I don’t own the dlcs in my save files on my Xbox one but I got the dlcs downloaded 9c2d703c-a289-49ac-aa0e-a944f5f4137e
  5. New Fallout 76 Update not downloading past 2GB

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New Fallout 76 Update not downloading past 2GB: when i press resume it just stays for about 10 seconds and says theres an error then i go to the microsoft store to restart the download and its as if there is no update. I've been looking for...
  6. Fallout 76 stuck on signing in when downloaded to a hard drive, fallout76 works fine via...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 76 stuck on signing in when downloaded to a hard drive, fallout76 works fine via...: I have an issue where fallout76 isn't "signing in" after I press any button to continue when download thru the Xbox app, however when I play fallout76 through the cloud in the Xbox app it signs in...
  7. Fallout 4 PC download on Xbox app stuck on 47% Errorcode: 0x87e0000f

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 4 PC download on Xbox app stuck on 47% Errorcode: 0x87e0000f: Hello I've been having this issue for a while and I did try the other solutions that were shown on that Xbox page. Nothing worked and Fallout 4 is still stuck on 47% even though other games were...
  8. so i bought fallout for pc and my laptop wont run it so can i download it to a flashdrive...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    so i bought fallout for pc and my laptop wont run it so can i download it to a flashdrive...: so i bought fallout for pc and my laptop wont run it so can i download it to a flashdrive and play it on xbox 360 857b4f9d-3d5a-4f28-9366-131587469e5e
  9. Why the Fallout 76 download from Twitch prime won't launch on PC

in XboX Insiders
    Why the Fallout 76 download from Twitch prime won't launch on PC: Why can't we launch this free game on PC? Very frustrating to redeem a game and end up not being able to play because the game will crash 100% of the time within 10 seconds of opening on PC. If my...
  10. Microsoft Store not letting me download fallout 76

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Store not letting me download fallout 76: I had gotten Fallout 76 on Amazon Prime and had linked it to this account, but when I go to download it - or now anything, - the download circle comes up for about half a second then turns back...