Download wont start on PC Xbox app

Discus and support Download wont start on PC Xbox app in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I wanted to play Crusader Kings 3. Tried to start it and I got an error. So I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall it. It got to 100% and I got a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Generalizor, May 18, 2023.

1. Generalizor
    Generalizor Guest

So I wanted to play Crusader Kings 3. Tried to start it and I got an error. So I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall it. It got to 100% and I got a new error message. So I tried to reinstall it again. Now it just says downloading at 0%, 0 b/s. If I try to cancel it it just says "Canceling" and nothing is happening. I cant get it out of the queue. I added another game, DOOM, and tried to download that. But its the same problem. I have played Crusader Kings 3 on the PC Xbox app on this computer and others since its release without problems.

It feels like I have tried EVERYTHING, reinstalled the xbox app, repair and reset on xbox app and microsoft store, empty the microsoft store cache, tried different commands I have found online, updated windows in every way. Nothing helps and I am getting extremely frustrated because I cant find anything wrong. There most be something blocking the download in some way. Downloading works fine on Steam so it must be the xbox app that is not working correctly. I would appreciate any help I can get because I am totally lost at the moment.

:)

Generalizor, May 18, 2023
  2. Generalizor Win User

I did a full system restore which erased everything from the computer. It still dosent work. The game starts to downloads, then gets stuck after a few seconds and never resumes again.

Windows says I can't format the C: drive because thats were windows is installed.
  3. Generalizor Win User

Thanks for your answer.

I have updated everything, it's not working. It's still stuck at 0%, I cant cancel or paus it.
  4. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Thank you for the information.

It seems you have exhausted all the troubleshooting steps yet the issue still persists. It is most likely that your Xbox app data was corrupted on your hard drive.

I have resolved a similar issue before, the gamer had decided to reformat the C: Drive where the Windows was installed then proceeds to download the Xbox app, and then the games download worked normally.

Kindly do the same however before you proceed with your reformat, make sure to back up your files.
  5. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

In order to fix this, you will need to perform some basic troubleshooting steps. Kindly make sure to update your Device Drivers and Xbox gaming services, here's how:

For Device Drivers:

For the best game performance, make sure your system’s video card drivers (or display adapter drivers) are up to date. Drivers are available on the support website for your computer manufacturer, or if your computer system is custom built, on the video card manufacturer’s support website. Updating video card drivers can resolve game crashes, improve frame rates, and improve overall game performance.

For Gaming Services:

Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.

Select Library.

Under Updates & Downloads, check if there are any updates available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app. If an update is available, select Update.

Once done, try to check if the download on the Xbox app works.

Reference link: https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/games-apps/...
  6. Generalizor Win User

Followed your steps, still not working.

For some reason when starting the computer today, Crusader King has moved to 1%. But is stuck there now instead, and it doesn't say downloading anymore, just queued. Other then that, nothing new.
Thema:

1. Download wont start on PC Xbox app - Similar Threads - Download wont start

2. Games ive bought for PC wont download in either the xbox crapp or the Microsoft Bore...

in XBoX on Windows
    Games ive bought for PC wont download in either the xbox crapp or the Microsoft Bore...: Games ive bought for PC wont download in either the xbox crapp or the Microsoft Bore because of an 0x87e0000f error while installing. YES IVE TRIED ALL OF THE TROUBLESHOOTING AVAILABLE, DOESNT...
  3. My Xbox wont open games I downloaded and I just bought it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox wont open games I downloaded and I just bought it: I tried opening 2k24 that I got off gamepass and the screen goes grey then brings me back to Home Screen does the same thing with Spotify but all the apps that came downloaded work fine...
  4. microsoft store wont let me download ark genesis add on

in XBoX Games and Apps
    microsoft store wont let me download ark genesis add on: I bought both ark genesis part 1 and part 2 on my Xbox as the were first released and I have had no problem downloading them before on windows 10 but when I recently tried reinstalling them it...
  5. Added child to family through an Adult account, still wont allow download of GTA V for Xbox S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Added child to family through an Adult account, still wont allow download of GTA V for Xbox S: Screen shows: Give this code to an adult You're not quite old enough for this PUR-MaturityRatingsDenialUserNotInFamily +rciZxNr49hdDcBjudZKHv.781 2023/12/29 - 21:40:35 UTC I already changed...
  6. Skyrim Creation Club wont download.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skyrim Creation Club wont download.: I bought Skyrim Anniversary Edition from Gamestop and i had all the Creation Club content before. I downloaded the update and none of my owned creation club content is working. Tried re...
  7. I own the ultimate edition of fallout new vegas and it wont download my dlcs off of disc 2...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I own the ultimate edition of fallout new vegas and it wont download my dlcs off of disc 2...: I have deleted them from my drive tried reinstalling them and nothing is working the discs arent damaged at all and i lost all of my saves, i have 1700 hrs invested and its just gone. I want to...
  8. hi my xbox pc app wont work download error 0x803FB005

in XBoX Games and Apps
    hi my xbox pc app wont work download error 0x803FB005: please help me i tried to fix my xbox app cuz it kept saying update needed then id update and it would still say it so i uninstalled it and now i get the error when i try to download it again...
  9. I bought the bedrock and java edition in microsoft but it wont let me download the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought the bedrock and java edition in microsoft but it wont let me download the...: I bought the bedrock and java edition in microsoft but it wont let me download the minecraft windows and just says error and in the store it says retry It wont let me download minecraft windows in...
  10. Rainbow 6 siege wont start install/download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rainbow 6 siege wont start install/download: i have the game pass. the game is on the game pass. when i click on "install" nothing happens. 2abeba02-4c07-417c-ba01-775b073ad2ca