Download times.

Discus and support Download times. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, What a joke, had this console for two days now and still not played a game on it yet. Ps4 users laughing at me, they have even gone and brought new... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MARCUSBRUTUS, Dec 26, 2015.

1. MARCUSBRUTUS
    MARCUSBRUTUS Guest

Download times.

Hi, What a joke, had this console for two days now and still not played a game on it yet. Ps4 users laughing at me, they have even gone and brought new games today and have been playing them. And before anybody asks about internet speeds my speed and connection
    is brill. Should I take the console back and buy a ps4? I am really gutted with the hole Xbox experience.

:)

MARCUSBRUTUS, Dec 26, 2015
  2. chemicalsora
    chemicalsora Guest
    Download time

Onslaught weighs in at 1.3 GBs.

chemicalsora, Dec 26, 2015
  3. FullHornet
    FullHornet Guest
    Download times......

Peppy disconnect your Xbox One from live and install off of the disc. After that is done then and only then re connect to live and let it update. The update and install are working against each other that is why it is taking so long.

FullHornet, Dec 26, 2015
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

download time

Greetings VirulentBear5,

'Normal' for downloading on Xbox LIVE is subjective. It all depends what your Internet speed is from your provider and what you are trying to download. Could you run
    this speed test, post back your results and tell us what it is you are trying to download? Thanks.
  5. RedEye Expr3ss Win User

Download times......

From what I've experienced you can't play a game online while it's updating on the Xb1 and frankly I can't stand this. So sure the offline/Disc thing is quicker though the moment you're back online the "Needs an Update" nag will come on and basically not
    let you play until that's done. Would be nice if you instead got the message reading "would you like to play while updating" though I guess this isn't an option coming to the ms console any time soon with the fragments of "always online" still affecting us.
    No biggie really, just annoying since this isn't a multi platform problem.
  6. John Dowding Win User

Download times......

Average install, time from disc is between 20 to 45 minutes with my console connected (wired). On 150Mb Fibreoptic. The disconnect trick works apparently but I've never had to use it.
  7. Azrael008uk Win User

Download times......

The fastest way to install a new game if you have it on disc is to disconnect from the internet.

Let it load completely.

Then reconnect to the internet and open the game.

This will then prompt it to download any updates.

I find if I just play something else for a little bit the updates are done before I even think to check on them.
  8. maxen Win User

Download times

The problem with comparing to Xbox 36 games is the massive difference is size.

On Xbox 360, game downloads were usually 5-8GB for a big game. CoD: AW is 45GB or so.

There have also been widespread issues with everyone's downloads for this game being slow, which certainly does not help.

It very much depends on your download speed too (and the massive increase in size between Xbox 360 and Xbox One) but your future downloads should be faster than Advanced Warfare, which has been affected by some issues.
Thema:

Download times.

1. Download times. - Similar Threads - Download times

2. Error code 0x80004005 every time I try and download a game from the Xbox app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x80004005 every time I try and download a game from the Xbox app.: I even fully installed Starfield using my Gamepass and it waited until the very end to decide to not install. No clue why it won't work. It does this on the Microsoft store, too, but shows...
  3. Error code 0x87E0000F every time I try to download COD®

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x87E0000F every time I try to download COD®: Xbox One S Every time I try to download Call of Duty the download starts (it doesn't go even 1 MB) and then stops with the error code 0x87E0000F. This ONLY happens with Call of Duty as my other...
  4. How can i increase download time in the xbox app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can i increase download time in the xbox app?: Ive recently gotten the xbox gamepass, and have a lot of free space on my computer, so naturally i started downloading games, however i quicly stopped doing this, beacause the downlodspeed was too...
  5. every time i try to install GTA 5 again it says ready to start and doesn’t download and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    every time i try to install GTA 5 again it says ready to start and doesn’t download and...: so every time i try to resume the download it just says ready to start then after like 10 seconds the download says installation paused 53e971de-e072-438a-8408-7b781fe1c9b8
  6. I pre-ordered modern warfare 3, I have it downloaded but every time I go to play the game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I pre-ordered modern warfare 3, I have it downloaded but every time I go to play the game...: I don't know what's going on it keeps telling me that I have to rebuy it 057beef2-368a-4d35-8f4c-c692a6216097
  7. I'm having problems doiwnloading the microsoft flight simulator. Download times are impossible.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm having problems doiwnloading the microsoft flight simulator. Download times are impossible.: I'm having problems installing/downloading microsoft flight simulator. Download times are impossible. The download process continually hangs. Please help. I have a steam copy of microsoft flight...
  8. Error 0x87e0012c have been occurring multiple times when I try to download games,I have...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error 0x87e0012c have been occurring multiple times when I try to download games,I have...: I am not inserting any disc I am only downloading free games and games from gamepass, this is very annoying and I can't download anything, I am yet to find a solution so please help...
  9. Why was my pre-ordered game canceled when time to download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why was my pre-ordered game canceled when time to download: Pre-word the new basketball game in July with a debit card and it says it was not purchased now why 2d03434a-6a56-4b25-a8be-b49535f6ab76
  10. Every time starfield downloads when it finally finishes it and I click start game it just...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Every time starfield downloads when it finally finishes it and I click start game it just...: Every time starfield downloads when it finally finishes it and I click start game it just resets the download 0d06748e-39eb-4873-ad88-026a668be9d3