Download stops at ready to start mark and will not finish installing

Discus and support Download stops at ready to start mark and will not finish installing in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I've been trying to download GTA V (Disc Download). I have soft and hard reset the Xbox, Checked for updates, and Factory reset the Xbox. and still... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Mason Hollis, Jul 11, 2022.

1. Mason Hollis
    Mason Hollis Guest

So I've been trying to download GTA V (Disc Download). I have soft and hard reset the Xbox, Checked for updates, and Factory reset the Xbox. and still it will not download any further than the ready to start mark (4.4 percent)

:)

Mason Hollis, Jul 11, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, Mason. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be glad to help you out.

This is a Disc game, right? So please try the steps below.

First, please clear your console queue and persistent storage:

Press the Xbox button > My games and apps > See all > Manage queue > Queue > Click on cancel all > Clear the queue.

Press the Xbox One button on your controller.
    Go to Settings and select Devices and Connections.
    In the BLU-RAY section select Persistent Storage.
    Next, select Clear persistent storage three times.

Then, please try to download and install the game remotely:
    - Eject your game disc.
    - Go to Settings > Devices & connections > Remote feature > Enable remote features.

- Perform a power reset on the console:
    1​​. Turn off your console and your router/modem.
    2. Unplug all the cables from both devices (power, HDMI, etc..) and wait 2 minutes.
    3. After 2 minutes, plug all the cables in again on your router/modem and wait for all the lights to show up.
    ​​​4. Plug all the cables on your console and turn it on.

​​- Download the Xbox mobile app and connect it to your console.
    - Search your game on it and select download to console.
    - After the download and installation is done, insert your game disc half way to the console. Hold it for a second and then release the game disc.

See if this helps and please let me know.
  3. DysfunktynalVet Win User

0x87e00005

Same issue! Attempting to update game... Installation stops for unknown reason. Stuck at 20% Game needs to finish installing or show ready to start before it can be launched. Try to update again. Item attempts to install and stops again at 20%. @xboxlive
    help immediately needed!
  4. Liam25mc Win User

Installing a game

Im trying that now. It keeps having the “Installation Stopped” error while downloading but i’ll see if it pauses again at “Ready to Start”
  5. JUST DO IT415 Win User

Resident Evil 2 Uninstalled After Cancelling An Update

When you start the update install, it's basically setting up your game file to do its update. What I usually do is pause the update until I'm ready to finish the download.
  6. Mehmet623 Win User

GTA 5 - took about 8 hours to install on Xbox One (digital preorder)

No no. Start the Installation and the Every 5-10min Click Start and stop installing then Click Start. Gta 5 is in 1 h Ready to Play
Thema:

1. Download stops at ready to start mark and will not finish installing - Similar Threads - Download stops ready

2. Xbox update download stops at 3% then goes to update verification then shutdowns and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox update download stops at 3% then goes to update verification then shutdowns and...: My Xbox has a problem, when I try to update it it stops at downloading 3% then goes into verifying, when it completes verifying it shutdowns and doesn't restart back on....
  3. Why won’t my game download, it’s just saying installation stopped and won’t let me download it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t my game download, it’s just saying installation stopped and won’t let me download it.: How do I fix a game that just says installation stopped every time I try and download it. b8aa3724-e6f7-45f1-8f30-d4a42379b4ae
  4. game keeps stopping and having an error when i download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game keeps stopping and having an error when i download: so im trying to download hell let loose on xbox pc but every time i try to it stops and has an error at 50 to 60 percent ive tried reinstalling it multipole times and no luck also other games will...
  5. GTA V download keeps on constantly stopping

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GTA V download keeps on constantly stopping: Hello. So I got a physical copy of gta v for my Xbox series x which I got brand new and today I tried installing the game. It said gta online and it started to download. Later I saw a message that...
  6. Trying to install RDR2 on my Xbox 1 but the download keeps stopping for some reason. It...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to install RDR2 on my Xbox 1 but the download keeps stopping for some reason. It...: Trying to install RDR2 on my Xbox 1 but the download keeps stopping for some reason. It also says the game needs an update and I don't even have it installed yet 259bc5a7-f059-4b51-a564-dd1177a5afde
  7. why is my xbox one s keep on saying installation stopped when i try to download forza horizon 4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is my xbox one s keep on saying installation stopped when i try to download forza horizon 4: why is my Xbox one s keep on saying installation stopped when i try to download forza horizon 4 and when i get to see how fast it is downloading it inly says 900kbps or 2-5mbps and i have made a...
  8. My games do not download they don’t even start and they say installation stopped, these...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My games do not download they don’t even start and they say installation stopped, these...: So I got a new Xbox series s for Christmas and 1 out of the 5 games I have tried to transfer from my Xbox one to my new one and now the other 4 won’t even start downloading...
  9. I'm downloading a game from the disk it keeps stopping part way through and saying...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm downloading a game from the disk it keeps stopping part way through and saying...: I'm downloading a game from the disk it keeps stopping part way through and saying installation stopped iv tried everything nothing is working can anyone help? 50124780-c8bd-44b4-8f61-13797324325c
  10. My downloads are stopping in the middle

in XBoX on Consoles
    My downloads are stopping in the middle: My downloads are stopping in the middle no matter which game I try to download. I have tried it on 2 brand new consoles series s and series x in the last 24 hours, can someone help I am running...