Download speeds slow for Xbox One X

Discus and support Download speeds slow for Xbox One X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been having issues with slow download speeds on my Xbox One X. It has been in between 10 and 20 mbps. I’ve tried everything I have seen on here... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TravisKeith1, May 2, 2023.

1. TravisKeith1
    TravisKeith1 Guest

I have been having issues with slow download speeds on my Xbox One X. It has been in between 10 and 20 mbps. I’ve tried everything I have seen on here from restarting my wifi to hardwiring to resetting the Xbox and nothing seems to work. All of my other devices on my network is fine, even other gaming consoles. The Xbox is the only device that seems to having an issue. Any help is greatly appreciated.

:)

TravisKeith1, May 2, 2023
  2. NaZoooom Win User

Downloading game

3. brandiesel1 Win User

Xbox one is horrible

I always get a much greater download speed on my Xbox One than I do on my PS4 or my Switch. Only my PC gets better download speeds out of all of the formats that I use. Sorry to hear that you're having issues though, if you've only got slow speeds on your
    Xbox and not on other devices then you may have some network connectivity issues.

This link may shed some light on the problem:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/slow-performance-solution
    I'm the opposite. My PS4 downloads faster than my X but slower than my original One.
  4. Paraffin Alien Win User

Slow download speeds on Xbox One X

I take it you're WiFi on both your PC and XB1X and you used a diagnostic speed test site. Biggest problem is with majority of these tools, is the fact they are server side and test speeds to your gateway/router/modem and not your home WiFi network. Theoretical
    speeds are exactly that, actual WiFi speeds tend to be lower. The reality is, you could be getting 120mbps into your home but WiFi is putting out 60mps.
    I did a test on my home network a while back, I am also on a 120mbs connection and my supplier is Virgin.

Hardwired to the router I got the full 120mbs, through Wi-Fi however it was just 60mbs. And through the Wi-Fi extender in the back room it was just 30mbs.

Put this problem to Virgin and they upgraded my router to the new version they now install and I now get the full 120mbs through my Wi-Fi.

But I always have my Xbox One and Xbox 360 hardwired to the router anyway.
  5. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

Slow download speeds on Xbox one/x

6. Exodus Scalpel Win User

Slow download speeds on Xbox one/x

A hard reset could help maybe.

Hold down the power button until the console shuts down.

Unplug the power brick for 5 min and plug it back in.

That might solve the problem
Thema:

1. Download speeds slow for Xbox One X - Similar Threads - Download speeds slow

2. Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.: So I've looked for answers everywhere on this subject and none so far have been satisfactory. I currently have my Xbox Series S connected through WiFi to my router. My phone in the exact same...
  3. Extremely Slow Download speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Extremely Slow Download speeds: I have a Xbox series s and out of the blue It started having incredibly slow download speeds. I have already tested the ports and checked the internet speeds and even factory reset my Xbox. It...
  4. Xbox app downloads speed slow

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app downloads speed slow: I use the Xbox app on PC and I have the same issue as a lot of others I've been able to see on this site. Download speed is incredibly slow seems to cap at 10mbps when my internet has Download...
  5. Incredibly slow download speeds on Xbox for PC (SOLUTION)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Incredibly slow download speeds on Xbox for PC (SOLUTION): There are dozens of identical posts with no clear solution, dating back years where people with perfectly fine PC's and very fast hardwired internet connections get less than 10mbps download...
  6. What is being done about slow download speeds?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is being done about slow download speeds?: There are on-going numerous reports about slow download speeds on the Xbox series S and others. The only response has been the computer generated “try restarting your console”. We have tried that...
  7. xbox app pc won't update and gamepass games slow download speed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app pc won't update and gamepass games slow download speed: I recently remembered that game pass carries over to my pc as well so i attempted to download a gamepass game, state of decay 2. As i type this out, the download speed hasn't reached over 1 MB/s...
  8. with changed DNS my download speed so slow, like 4 mbps

in XBoX on Consoles
    with changed DNS my download speed so slow, like 4 mbps: so slow download with changed DNS (auto dns are banned) 5016887f-1852-4bde-8e62-586d2fc62483
  9. very slow download speed - xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    very slow download speed - xbox app: just awful, i have tried every single suggestion on the forums nothing helped, i'm never buying anything XBOX or GAME PASS ever again. i got high end pc, router 300mb, every available update,...
  10. Download speeds for Sea of Thieves are really slow

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Download speeds for Sea of Thieves are really slow: So, I recently purchased Xbox Game Pass for PC. When I tried downloading other games, it worked completely fine I was getting a steady 3 MB/s for both games. While downloading Sea of Thieves,...