Download Speeds Have Improved in Last Few Betas

Discus and support Download Speeds Have Improved in Last Few Betas in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; For two years I was amongst the many who could never reach their advertised speeds on their Series X|S regardless of settings, bypassing the router,... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/PetiteFetus, May 24, 2023.

1. Download Speeds Have Improved in Last Few Betas

For two years I was amongst the many who could never reach their advertised speeds on their Series X|S regardless of settings, bypassing the router, being hardwired, all other other devices being able to reach top speeds, etc.

Anyway, I have noticed over the last few betas that my Series X is now downloading at and above my ISP's advertised speeds of 300 Mbps, when previously it would only ever get up to a max of around 200 and would very often completely stall out for a bit and/or crawl to under 1 Mbps. Now I've seen it up to at 330 on a regular and steady basis with no more crawling or stalling.

Something had to have changed that wasn't listed in the release notes. I'd have to look back and see when the reports of ASA ring having speed issues were. It possibly coincided with the implemented fix for that t& may have trickled down? I don't know. I just wanted to share something positive.

I do see this though in the latest beta notes: "Networking: We are investigating reports of network tests remaining on ‘checking connection’ indefinitely or timing out unexpectedly." Please, for the love of God, don't break what's finally working correctly in the process of fixing this issue. Haha. Download Speeds Have Improved in Last Few Betas :)

submitted by /u/PetiteFetus
    [link] [comments]

/u/PetiteFetus, May 24, 2023
  2. nVo Fusion Win User

Improve Download Speed

I have tried that link, and it is showing as it is a registered domain name, but it is not linked to any websites. Try going to
    speedtest.net on your Xbox Console, and let me know your results. When and if the website you gave was working, it may have had a compatibility problem with the Xbox Consoles.
  3. nVo Fusion Win User

Improve Download Speed

Weird, I did not know that Xbox did not support Flash :/

-

But I just found out that you can not run a legitimate speed test from the Xbox's Internet Explorer app either. The Xbox's IE app does not have the capability to run as much data as required at a time for a successful test. The speeds shown in the app are
    much slower then your actual speeds.
  4. SUNBURN9999 Win User

Improve Download Speed

This may be a dumb question but how can I test on speedtest.net when the xbox does not use flash on its ie (xbox) version?

Thanks for your help.
  5. MarkSimpson UK Win User

Support for Streaming over LAN?

It's not the hardware that I have issue with. The weak link is the "last mile" telecoms link to your home. Most countries are WAY behind in providing adequate speed and bandwidths to homes nationwide, so very few people will benefit from any hardware improvements.
  6. Adam679 Win User

Game download speeds are teriable in xbox Beta/Microsoft store

Yea i understand that but you would of thought Microsoft would still be able to provide more than an unstable 1mb/s download. I mean steam and even battlenet have ok download speeds in the current climate. I guess what im trying to say is it something
    i can try and fix my end or have i just got to suck it up and let the download run over night and hope one day speeds will improve with xbox beta pc app in the futuer?
Thema:

Download Speeds Have Improved in Last Few Betas

1. Download Speeds Have Improved in Last Few Betas - Similar Threads - Download Speeds Improved

2. Why is the download speed on xbox 360 0.01 mbps?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the download speed on xbox 360 0.01 mbps?!: I hooked up my 360 so i can play while my xbox one is being used and i have a few games that are not compatible on the new gens but its taking sooo long to download anything and its downloading at...
  3. Download speed issues...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speed issues...: I have a 1gb connection, wired to my Xbox x and I usually get 200-400mbps download. Lately I have only been getting 70mbps and lower, doesn't matter what time I try, morning, day, middle of the...
  4. Download speed is 1016mbps and upload speed is 105 Mbps. However my latency is 102ms. My...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speed is 1016mbps and upload speed is 105 Mbps. However my latency is 102ms. My...: I tried alternate port selection. Nothing seems to improve it. 36611448-3944-4cb1-872d-53a02a4ea9d3
  5. Download speeds disappearing, am i the only one?

in XboX Insiders
    Download speeds disappearing, am i the only one?: I was enrolled into the beta but moved down to delta hoping it would fix the issue of my download speeds dropping to just 0. I have an ethernet connection and projected speeds of abt 300-400 but...
  6. Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.: So I've looked for answers everywhere on this subject and none so far have been satisfactory. I currently have my Xbox Series S connected through WiFi to my router. My phone in the exact same...
  7. Xbox360 download speed 0.01 - does this impact multiplayer matches?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox360 download speed 0.01 - does this impact multiplayer matches?: Hi there I have been trying to play a few multiplayer games on my Xbox360 but on a lot of games it struggles to connect to other players, even peer to peer connections and not just server...
  8. my Xbox360 download speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox360 download speed: my Xbox360 has a download speed of 0.01 MBPS but all other devices beside the Xbox have a download speed of 113 MBPS. The Xbox and router are in a straight line of sight and about 10feet apart....
  9. Extremely Slow Download speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Extremely Slow Download speeds: I have a Xbox series s and out of the blue It started having incredibly slow download speeds. I have already tested the ports and checked the internet speeds and even factory reset my Xbox. It...
  10. How do I improve downloading speed?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I improve downloading speed?: I’m downloading Forza horizon 5 which is 170gb (with add ons) and it’s only downloading at 1.5MB/S. That’s like 20 hours to download. I have found that it does this for updates and downloads for...