Download speeds for game update much slower than my internet speed

Discus and support Download speeds for game update much slower than my internet speed in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Download speeds for game update much slower than my internet speed So i have xfinity gaming package for my internet and im wired in with a cat 8 cable.... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by JoshuaZygadlo, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Download speeds for game update much slower than my internet speed

So i have xfinity gaming package for my internet and im wired in with a cat 8 cable. When trying to update a game for 2.67GB i only show downloading the update at 58MBps, when i have infact done a network speed and statistics test on my xbox and it says i usually get between 700-1000MBps why is it maxing out at like 50-70MBps?

:)

JoshuaZygadlo, Feb 4, 2021
  2. Gnale Win User

Persona 5 Royal Reinstall Issue

Yes, for like 10s i experience a very high download speed. But after that my download speed is slower than my average download speed. And for the Size, its still the same
  3. NeoDan123 Win User

download speed

If you use the internet for anything else like the PC etc while you downloading your speed on the console will be alot slower than your available speed from your ISP.
  4. Outpost-[xboxvenue] Win User

slow updates

5. AmuricanPatriot Win User

13 hours and only 57% completed on digital download

Hey, unfortunately, the speed from your ISP is often times higher than the download speed for downloading games on Xbox, and there's only so much you can do about it. When you download games it's very likely that the server from which the file is downloaded
    fluctuates and changes location, which would result in slower download speeds. Also, download speeds are in large part dependent on the speed of Microsoft's severs, and depending on how many people are downloading from their servers at once, the speed could
    be very slow due to the load on the server. Again, there's not much you can do aside from increasing the speed of your ISP.
  6. Mister Maka Win User

Download speed is much slower than what it says in speed test

Hey there raiders4life7.

It sounds like you be experiencing some throttling. To check, what type of network hardware are you using and do you have any other devices connected to the network while using your Xbox One? Keep in mind, the 150-170 Mbps you're seeing is generally the max
    output your network can do, which won't necessarily equate to constant downloads at that speed.
Thema:

1. Download speeds for game update much slower than my internet speed - Similar Threads - Download speeds game

2. Game download speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game download speeds: Why is it that when I pay my internet service provider for 600 MB download and 20 MB to 40 MB upload why am I only getting 30 Mbps on downloads from games is this a internet service provider...
  3. xbox app pc won't update and gamepass games slow download speed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app pc won't update and gamepass games slow download speed: I recently remembered that game pass carries over to my pc as well so i attempted to download a gamepass game, state of decay 2. As i type this out, the download speed hasn't reached over 1 MB/s...
  4. My xbox one is updating a game (COD) and the download speed is 2.99 mbps. When I speedtest...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one is updating a game (COD) and the download speed is 2.99 mbps. When I speedtest...: I posted my question and pretty much said it all. It is hard-wired through a switch or two BUT the speed-test desktop is hardwired the exact same way (they are next to each other) and I do not...
  5. why does my brand new series x not download games at appropriate speeds?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my brand new series x not download games at appropriate speeds?: Xbox Series X says I have 300mbps plus download and 15 mbps upload yet downloads games at 7mbps or sometimes stops all together. This is without being in a game. What would cause this? It’s hard...
  6. When i do an internet speed test is get 600 Mbps but when downloading and no game open i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When i do an internet speed test is get 600 Mbps but when downloading and no game open i...: So it worked perfectly fine i had good speeds then suddenly it just dropped, i've tried restarting and replugging but nothing helps. Does somebody know how to fix this?...
  7. Why are Game and update download speeds so slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are Game and update download speeds so slow?: I literally just ran a speed test through xbox. And it clocked in at 437mb/s. Why is a game update only loading at less than 30mbps? Its stuck at kbps now. Great c5d692de-3091-4666-8e83-66b272431761
  8. Cannot download game in xbox app download speed is low

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot download game in xbox app download speed is low: Cannot download game in xbox app download speed is low 8e5200db-7a61-4a96-83df-f1e3202f2189
  9. My Xbox is downloading games at a speed of 20 KBS in spite of having a good internet I try...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox is downloading games at a speed of 20 KBS in spite of having a good internet I try...: My Xbox is downloading games at a speed of 20 KBS in spite of having a good internet I try to restart and even did a factory reset I don't know what to do 2f9d5941-5667-4d64-9b9b-132bb6b211ae
  10. Speed download game Xbox series?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Speed download game Xbox series?: the last firmware has changed speed download, as traffic data . Download 30 mb , stop, go download 50 mb, Xbox servers change traffics data. My internet is good, its servers xbox....