Download speeds are fluctuating massively despite my internet being fine.

Discus and support Download speeds are fluctuating massively despite my internet being fine. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have recently upgraded to 500mbps internet which works absolutely fine and has no issues as I am in a new build with great coverage and fibre etc but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Potzers, May 11, 2023.

1. Potzers
    Potzers Guest

I have recently upgraded to 500mbps internet which works absolutely fine and has no issues as I am in a new build with great coverage and fibre etc but when I start doing downloads on my Xbox the speed will start at around 470mbps and show me an estimated completion time based on that and then after a couple of minutes my speed will go down and constantly change each second drastically from 90 down to 10 then to 48 then to 20 and so on meanwhile the completion time increases dramatically from 30 mins to 4 hours 30 mins which is incredibly frustrating as I know my internet is now the problem but I never had this kind of fluctuation previously while downloading off much slower speeds which is bizarre. Please help. I have tried hard restarting my Xbox and router numerous times throughout this and I still have the same issue.

:)

Potzers, May 11, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

If I may ask, does your Xbox console connected to the internet, wired or wireless?
  3. Scrimpo Win User

Constant disconnects.

SFAL, thanks a lot for all your suggestions. I'm actually feeling a bit silly now, as despite my assertions that my internet is fine it looks like that might not be the case. I've been keeping an eye on it the last week or so and connection speeds and
    ping have fluctuating hugely. I'm going to mark this as solved and see if I have any luck with my ISP. Thanks again..
  4. morpheus2n2 Win User

24+ hour installation

@Mantis852012 its not the xbox at fault as already explained the games are massive compared to last gen and your internet speed plays a massive factor in how long it takes to download a game.

Test internet speed here http://www.speedtest.net

then check the amount of time it will take to download Deadrising (24.7GB) here at your internet speed
    www.numion.com/.../time.html

For me at my speed (72Mbps) it will take just over 45 mins to download the game.
  5. djmistaspot Win User

Downloading updates

There are so many variables to download speeds you cant really say one thing will fix it. I know my speeds fluctuate alot
  6. Hunter Strahan Win User

Fluctuating download speeds

Yeah they’re just not gonna fix it I guess. This is a joke honestly.
Thema:

1. Download speeds are fluctuating massively despite my internet being fine. - Similar Threads - Download speeds are

2. Download speed is 1016mbps and upload speed is 105 Mbps. However my latency is 102ms. My...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speed is 1016mbps and upload speed is 105 Mbps. However my latency is 102ms. My...: I tried alternate port selection. Nothing seems to improve it. 36611448-3944-4cb1-872d-53a02a4ea9d3
  3. Download speeds disappearing, am i the only one?

in XboX Insiders
    Download speeds disappearing, am i the only one?: I was enrolled into the beta but moved down to delta hoping it would fix the issue of my download speeds dropping to just 0. I have an ethernet connection and projected speeds of abt 300-400 but...
  4. Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.: So I've looked for answers everywhere on this subject and none so far have been satisfactory. I currently have my Xbox Series S connected through WiFi to my router. My phone in the exact same...
  5. Xbox360 download speed 0.01 - does this impact multiplayer matches?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox360 download speed 0.01 - does this impact multiplayer matches?: Hi there I have been trying to play a few multiplayer games on my Xbox360 but on a lot of games it struggles to connect to other players, even peer to peer connections and not just server...
  6. my Xbox360 download speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox360 download speed: my Xbox360 has a download speed of 0.01 MBPS but all other devices beside the Xbox have a download speed of 113 MBPS. The Xbox and router are in a straight line of sight and about 10feet apart....
  7. Extremely Slow Download speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Extremely Slow Download speeds: I have a Xbox series s and out of the blue It started having incredibly slow download speeds. I have already tested the ports and checked the internet speeds and even factory reset my Xbox. It...
  8. How do i fix my download speeds on my Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix my download speeds on my Xbox: I just installed starlink last night works amazing i get 200-300 mbps, everything is super fast then i get to my Xbox, i did a speed test on the Xbox 200mbps+ download and 50mbps upload, but my...
  9. Xbox One X download speed broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X download speed broken: As many people know Microsoft has essentially broken Xbox One X download capabilites with one of its updates. Many threads are discussing how people are unable to get over 25% of their actual...
  10. About series X MB downloading speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    About series X MB downloading speed: hi i am currently using xbox series x had it more than 3 years now and i was wondering what is the xbox series x normal download speed? Because mine right now is 180 MB/s and it feels like it...