Download Speeds: A fraction of what they used to be

Discus and support Download Speeds: A fraction of what they used to be in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Download Speeds: A fraction of what they used to be Over the past ~6 months I have noticed that the download speeds on my Xbox One X (and previously my... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by RejectedNinja24, May 2, 2018.

1. Download Speeds: A fraction of what they used to be

Over the past ~6 months I have noticed that the download speeds on my Xbox One X (and previously my original Xbox One) have tanked. Let me give an example: From my ISP I get 300Mb/s down. On my PC, while downloading Forza 7 (btw an EXTREMELY broken game) I
    can average around 210Mb/s downloading from the Microsoft store. On Xbox, downloading the same game, I average only 60-80Mb/s. I'm not sure why as I have nothing restricting the throughput. Sadly this extreme lack in performance has been the case for months
    now and I'm wanting answers.

:)

RejectedNinja24, May 2, 2018
  2. Download Speeds: A fraction of what they used to be

Over the past ~6 months I have noticed that the download speeds on my Xbox One X (and previously my original Xbox One) have tanked. Let me give an example: From my ISP I get 300Mb/s down. On my PC, while downloading Forza 7 (btw an EXTREMELY broken game) I
    can average around 210Mb/s downloading from the Microsoft store. On Xbox, downloading the same game, I average only 60-80Mb/s. I'm not sure why as I have nothing restricting the throughput. Sadly this extreme lack in performance has been the case for months
    now and I'm wanting answers.

RejectedNinja24, May 2, 2018
  3. taidara
    taidara Guest
    Download Speeds a fraction of what they should be

@Xemorph - Appreciate if you could post up the outcome from the speedtest.

[quote user="Xemorph"]But I want to do more tests with more servers to make sure.[/quote]If your only interest is to obtain the measured round-trip time as accurate as possible, in comparison with your console's round-trip time, then you have to figure out
    the server which your console test IP connectivity against (LIVE server).

[quote user="Xemorph"]Interesting that your downloads are the only thing affected as well.[/quote]I assume you're using wireless with your console?

May I ask if you experience any real-life connectivity issues with your console, that are affecting your overall experience?

taidara, May 2, 2018
  4. Dakrkplayer2 Win User

How many devices on ur home network? The more devices that used the same connection. The slow it gets.
  5. Xemorph Win User

Sorry for the extreme delay in response. This is interesting, every single server in seattle is about 2 Mbps with speedtest.net, where as local to me, I'm anywhere between 9-11 Mbps.

So, I'm guessing this is an ISP issue.
  6. taidara Win User

Greetings Xemorph!

From your computer, using the same connection type as you connect your console, visit speedtest and pingtest and run these tests a couple of times.
    take the average test results. Click 'Share this test' and copy paste the URL for us.

Before you go ahead and run these tests, by default, the test method select the best server based on ping, so make sure you change the location to a test server located in Seattle, WA (US).

When you test your console for basic IP connectivity, it doesn't select the best server based on ping, but against a server located in Seattle, WA.

Thank you!
  7. Xemorph Win User

I don't think that is the issue as I have tested a direct connection to my internet, thus zero other devices. No router involved.
  8. taidara Win User

@Xemorph - Appreciate if you could post up the outcome from the speedtest.

[quote user="Xemorph"]But I want to do more tests with more servers to make sure.[/quote]If your only interest is to obtain the measured round-trip time as accurate as possible, in comparison with your console's round-trip time, then you have to figure out
    the server which your console test IP connectivity against (LIVE server).

[quote user="Xemorph"]Interesting that your downloads are the only thing affected as well.[/quote]I assume you're using wireless with your console?

May I ask if you experience any real-life connectivity issues with your console, that are affecting your overall experience?
Thema:

1. Download Speeds: A fraction of what they used to be - Similar Threads - Download Speeds fraction

2. Download speed issues...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speed issues...: I have a 1gb connection, wired to my Xbox x and I usually get 200-400mbps download. Lately I have only been getting 70mbps and lower, doesn't matter what time I try, morning, day, middle of the...
  3. Download speed is 1016mbps and upload speed is 105 Mbps. However my latency is 102ms. My...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speed is 1016mbps and upload speed is 105 Mbps. However my latency is 102ms. My...: I tried alternate port selection. Nothing seems to improve it. 36611448-3944-4cb1-872d-53a02a4ea9d3
  4. Download speeds disappearing, am i the only one?

in XboX Insiders
    Download speeds disappearing, am i the only one?: I was enrolled into the beta but moved down to delta hoping it would fix the issue of my download speeds dropping to just 0. I have an ethernet connection and projected speeds of abt 300-400 but...
  5. Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.: So I've looked for answers everywhere on this subject and none so far have been satisfactory. I currently have my Xbox Series S connected through WiFi to my router. My phone in the exact same...
  6. Xbox360 download speed 0.01 - does this impact multiplayer matches?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox360 download speed 0.01 - does this impact multiplayer matches?: Hi there I have been trying to play a few multiplayer games on my Xbox360 but on a lot of games it struggles to connect to other players, even peer to peer connections and not just server...
  7. my Xbox360 download speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox360 download speed: my Xbox360 has a download speed of 0.01 MBPS but all other devices beside the Xbox have a download speed of 113 MBPS. The Xbox and router are in a straight line of sight and about 10feet apart....
  8. Extremely Slow Download speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Extremely Slow Download speeds: I have a Xbox series s and out of the blue It started having incredibly slow download speeds. I have already tested the ports and checked the internet speeds and even factory reset my Xbox. It...
  9. How do i fix my download speeds on my Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix my download speeds on my Xbox: I just installed starlink last night works amazing i get 200-300 mbps, everything is super fast then i get to my Xbox, i did a speed test on the Xbox 200mbps+ download and 50mbps upload, but my...
  10. Xbox One X download speed broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X download speed broken: As many people know Microsoft has essentially broken Xbox One X download capabilites with one of its updates. Many threads are discussing how people are unable to get over 25% of their actual...