Download speed seems to be capped by xbl whats the deal?

Discus and support Download speed seems to be capped by xbl whats the deal? in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Download speed seems to be capped by xbl whats the deal? The bandwidth that you purchased from your Internet service provider is not a guaranteed... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by JoETwEKnMAN3, Jun 29, 2022.

1. JoETwEKnMAN3
    JoETwEKnMAN3 Guest

The bandwidth that you purchased from your Internet service provider is not a guaranteed connection speed. Microsoft, and practically no third-party company is going to provide you with gigabit downloads for anything. Xbox on a gigabit connection typically for me tabs out between 150 and 200 Mb per second, which is fast enough to load a 50 GB game in 15 to 20 minutes.

What you were likely seeing is a server under various load. If the servers are overloaded they will allocate less data to each individual person, also smaller files will transfer at slower speeds because they don’t need a lot of speed to get finished quickly. I really wouldn’t worry about it

:)

JoETwEKnMAN3, Jun 29, 2022
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

The bandwidth that you purchased from your Internet service provider is not a guaranteed connection speed. Microsoft, and practically no third-party company is going to provide you with gigabit downloads for anything. Xbox on a gigabit connection typically for me tabs out between 150 and 200 Mb per second, which is fast enough to load a 50 GB game in 15 to 20 minutes.

What you were likely seeing is a server under various load. If the servers are overloaded they will allocate less data to each individual person, also smaller files will transfer at slower speeds because they don’t need a lot of speed to get finished quickly. I really wouldn’t worry about it
  3. JoETwEKnMAN3 Win User

Thanks for the info but i already know all this as im fluent in networking. Whwn ya on modem just modem ports are open already its a xbox live problem cuz i can use xbl speed test or use edge n downloads a gig perfect but i cant complain 122gig halo was an hour n half just cuz it just stops all sudden the starts downloading again.. oh n u cant ask isp to set up dmz on modem lol only routers n u gotta make static ip to safe dmz nevwr use auto dchp ip
  4. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey JoETwEKnMAN3, how are you today? Hope you're well.

So, your connection on the Series X keeps oscillating?

Try this:

Call your internet service provider, and ask them to open the ports described below on your router.

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

Port 500 (UDP)

Port 3544 (UDP)

Port 4500 (UDP)

Also ask to disable and then, enable it again the UPnP function and if you have a modem and a router the process has to be done on both devices.

Besides, ask them to put their console's IP in the DMZ zone configuration.

(To find the Xbox One IP address, press the Xbox button to open the dashboard, go to System > Settings > General > Network settings, then select Advanced settings.)

Hope it helps.

Also:

Press the Xbox button.

Move right to the System Tab.

Scroll down and select Settings.

Scroll down to Network.

Select Network Settings.

Scroll down and select Advanced Settings.

Scroll down and select Alternate MAC Address.

Select the Clear button, then restart your console.
  5. JoETwEKnMAN3 Win User

I am in the insider hub as a alpha skip ahead but ive factory reset everything if i could i would show u cid how it downloads. Speedtest on xbox runs as speed are supposed to but download game different story.
  6. L4c3rd4 Win User

It might be some instability with the servers then, mate. :/
Thema:

1. Download speed seems to be capped by xbl whats the deal? - Similar Threads - Download speed seems

2. Why is the download speed on xbox 360 0.01 mbps?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the download speed on xbox 360 0.01 mbps?!: I hooked up my 360 so i can play while my xbox one is being used and i have a few games that are not compatible on the new gens but its taking sooo long to download anything and its downloading at...
  3. Download speed issues...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speed issues...: I have a 1gb connection, wired to my Xbox x and I usually get 200-400mbps download. Lately I have only been getting 70mbps and lower, doesn't matter what time I try, morning, day, middle of the...
  4. Download speed is 1016mbps and upload speed is 105 Mbps. However my latency is 102ms. My...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speed is 1016mbps and upload speed is 105 Mbps. However my latency is 102ms. My...: I tried alternate port selection. Nothing seems to improve it. 36611448-3944-4cb1-872d-53a02a4ea9d3
  5. Download speeds disappearing, am i the only one?

in XboX Insiders
    Download speeds disappearing, am i the only one?: I was enrolled into the beta but moved down to delta hoping it would fix the issue of my download speeds dropping to just 0. I have an ethernet connection and projected speeds of abt 300-400 but...
  6. Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.: So I've looked for answers everywhere on this subject and none so far have been satisfactory. I currently have my Xbox Series S connected through WiFi to my router. My phone in the exact same...
  7. Xbox360 download speed 0.01 - does this impact multiplayer matches?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox360 download speed 0.01 - does this impact multiplayer matches?: Hi there I have been trying to play a few multiplayer games on my Xbox360 but on a lot of games it struggles to connect to other players, even peer to peer connections and not just server...
  8. my Xbox360 download speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox360 download speed: my Xbox360 has a download speed of 0.01 MBPS but all other devices beside the Xbox have a download speed of 113 MBPS. The Xbox and router are in a straight line of sight and about 10feet apart....
  9. Extremely Slow Download speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Extremely Slow Download speeds: I have a Xbox series s and out of the blue It started having incredibly slow download speeds. I have already tested the ports and checked the internet speeds and even factory reset my Xbox. It...
  10. How do i fix my download speeds on my Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix my download speeds on my Xbox: I just installed starlink last night works amazing i get 200-300 mbps, everything is super fast then i get to my Xbox, i did a speed test on the Xbox 200mbps+ download and 50mbps upload, but my...