Download speed problem Xbox series s

Discus and support Download speed problem Xbox series s in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem with my Xbox series s where my download speed should be 1000Mbit/s (also says so in the internet settings of the console)... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by kalyan Bocage, Jan 3, 2023.

1. Download speed problem Xbox series s

Hello,

I have a problem with my Xbox series s where my download speed should be 1000Mbit/s (also says so in the internet settings of the console) however when I download a game I find myself with 3Mbit/s and an 11 days download time for a 50 gigabyte game.

Thank you.

:)

kalyan Bocage, Jan 3, 2023
  2. ChrisRamos9 Win User

Xbox One Series S super slow downloads

I have done all that you mentioned already. Funny thing is none other console has this problem, my Xbox One, Xbox one S and Xbox One X download speeds are constantly over 100Mbps, on Series S doesn't get past 10Mbps...great way to promote a Digital Only console...
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Are you connected via wired or wireless?

Also, please perform an extended powercycle and reset your network hardware by following the steps below:

1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

Gigabit connections are intended for a family of four heavy users. Almost no website will provide you with that kind of bandwidth. Xbox transfers typically tap out at 250Mb per second maximum (30 megabytes, typical is 10-15), which is sufficient to download 50GB in an hour

If you are experiencing those kinds of restrictions you should contact your ISP for support, as there is something wrong with your connection.
  5. taidara Win User

How to fix slow download speed on Xbox one S

Hello dear Xbox support

I have a problem on my Xbox one S, the problem is slow internet speed, its between 200kB/s and 80kB/s, and the problem start before 10 days ago.

I tried to solve this problem by :

1- restarting Xbox and still download slow.

2- restarting my router but still the same problem.

3- unplug the wired cable and plug it again, but still the same problem.

4- connecting my Xbox to wifi connection, same problem.

5- testing my internet speed on my laptop by using the same cable (wired connection) and the speed is like usual 1.5 mB/s, and upload is 220 kB/s.

6- change wifi password and disconnect all devices from connecting to my internet, still the same slow damn download speed.

7- trying to test my internet speed on Xbox and my internet speed was : 9.19 mbps, and that's my natural internet speed, so the problem not from my internet provider.

8- trying to re-download the games that I want to download and updates, still the same **** download speed.

9- trying downloading new games, same slow download speed.

10- testing some DNS's, nothing new, same slow download speed.

11- resetting my xbox one S (not full reset) and trying to download games and updates, same problem.

I tried anything you can imagine, any new ideas guys ?
    Now i just bought red dead redemption, imagine how time I need to download 101GB with 80kB/s speed!

There's one think I can tell is Xbox limited download speed from their servers, and I'm from morocco.

I hope I can solve this problem. and By the way yesterday I want to download microsoft edge for testing, and the download speed was the same as on my Xbox xD, 80kB/s. and I'm downloading and watching movies with 1.2mB/s
    Are you connected through landline, or through a celllular service?

Since Marocco is not among the countries/regions where the Live service is supported, so how do you connect your console to Xbox Live? Through a VPN service?
  6. RafalRafalski Win User

XOX/ XSX slow internet connection

"I think the issue is that, if your total download speed for you internet is "60Mb/s. Upload 8 Mb/s,"

and you connect a PC that uses 40Mb/s, a PC that uses 10Mb/s, and then another PC that uses 10Mb/s,
    your download speed will be maxed out."

My PC's does not use 40Mb/s or 10 Mb/s because they are turned off. They don't download anything, It is a problem of Xbox live which is limiting my download speed on XSX.
Thema:

1. Download speed problem Xbox series s - Similar Threads - Download speed problem

2. Why is the download speed on xbox 360 0.01 mbps?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the download speed on xbox 360 0.01 mbps?!: I hooked up my 360 so i can play while my xbox one is being used and i have a few games that are not compatible on the new gens but its taking sooo long to download anything and its downloading at...
  3. Download speed issues...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speed issues...: I have a 1gb connection, wired to my Xbox x and I usually get 200-400mbps download. Lately I have only been getting 70mbps and lower, doesn't matter what time I try, morning, day, middle of the...
  4. Download speed is 1016mbps and upload speed is 105 Mbps. However my latency is 102ms. My...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speed is 1016mbps and upload speed is 105 Mbps. However my latency is 102ms. My...: I tried alternate port selection. Nothing seems to improve it. 36611448-3944-4cb1-872d-53a02a4ea9d3
  5. Download speeds disappearing, am i the only one?

in XboX Insiders
    Download speeds disappearing, am i the only one?: I was enrolled into the beta but moved down to delta hoping it would fix the issue of my download speeds dropping to just 0. I have an ethernet connection and projected speeds of abt 300-400 but...
  6. Xbox App and Microsoft Store download speed problems.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox App and Microsoft Store download speed problems.: I have this problem for days, I am trying to download some games from the game pass, I have 50mb of speed but the downloads are only going at 180kbps, all my other applications are working fine,...
  7. Xbox application download speed problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox application download speed problem: I just bought gamepass and I am trying to download "Zombie Army 4: Dead War" and it downloads so slow. [img] I should've download games 9-10 mb per second. [img] Please help me, I wanna...
  8. I’ve had this problem for a while now. My actual download speed keeps fluctuating from 5kbs...

in XboX Insiders
    I’ve had this problem for a while now. My actual download speed keeps fluctuating from 5kbs...: [IMG] submitted by /u/jacebam [link] [comments]
  9. Game download speed problem

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Game download speed problem: Game download speed problem Hey there Demon Hunter RU, Thanks for reaching out to the Forums for advice on how to hopefully get your games to download as expected. I can definitely see how slow...
  10. Xbox One Download Speed SUCKS!Internet speed problem I'm sure

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Download Speed SUCKS!Internet speed problem I'm sure: This is about the Xbox One but I will mention things about the Xbox 360 as well.I have had this issue ever since I got my first Xbox 360 back when Halo 3 released,but it just keeps getting worse.I...