Download speed is very slow on xbox app.

Discus and support Download speed is very slow on xbox app. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Tried every solution on youtube and on internet. Get 320kbps while downloading game while on steam on same network get more than 10mbps download speed.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Yeshodeep Dohre, Nov 5, 2022.

1. Download speed is very slow on xbox app.

Tried every solution on youtube and on internet. Get 320kbps while downloading game while on steam on same network get more than 10mbps download speed.

:)

Yeshodeep Dohre, Nov 5, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hi Yeshodeep Dohre,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying to download games from Xbox app however the speed of download is slow. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

We can provide you with troubleshooting for this however, please ensure to download games at the time where there are no other users of your internet that could be downloading heavy files as you will be expecting the connection to be slower. You may try connecting to different network too. Should you like to try the suggested troubleshooting below please check:

Suggested troubleshooting

Method 1

If you are on Windows 10, you may want to check the bandwidth limit set to your future download and increase it. Please see this guide: Set bandwidth limits for background downloads (microsoft.com)

Method 2

Check these support articles for steps on fixing Wi-Fi or network connection issue:

Method 3

Please try to resetting TCP/IP:

In Windows search bar, search for Command Prompt and Run as Administrator.

Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.

Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.

Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.

Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.

Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.

Restart computer.

Test download a game from Xbox app.

Test download a game/app from Microsoft Store.

Also, Test download a heavy file over the internet.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Ellie Goren Win User

very slow download speed - xbox app

actually don't bother i just immediately unsub'd, never again.
  5. NaZoooom Win User

Downloading game

6. Sleenius Win User

Replaced my old xbox one for a new one and having profile/dashboard problems

Hi - I'm having the same issue. I was in the preview program but don't have the app on the new Halo Xbox. I'm also having very slow download speeds - wired connection with average speeds of 70/50 normally (and on everything else connected).
Thema:

1. Download speed is very slow on xbox app. - Similar Threads - Download speed very

2. Download speed is 1016mbps and upload speed is 105 Mbps. However my latency is 102ms. My...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speed is 1016mbps and upload speed is 105 Mbps. However my latency is 102ms. My...: I tried alternate port selection. Nothing seems to improve it. 36611448-3944-4cb1-872d-53a02a4ea9d3
  3. Download speeds disappearing, am i the only one?

in XboX Insiders
    Download speeds disappearing, am i the only one?: I was enrolled into the beta but moved down to delta hoping it would fix the issue of my download speeds dropping to just 0. I have an ethernet connection and projected speeds of abt 300-400 but...
  4. Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.: So I've looked for answers everywhere on this subject and none so far have been satisfactory. I currently have my Xbox Series S connected through WiFi to my router. My phone in the exact same...
  5. Xbox360 download speed 0.01 - does this impact multiplayer matches?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox360 download speed 0.01 - does this impact multiplayer matches?: Hi there I have been trying to play a few multiplayer games on my Xbox360 but on a lot of games it struggles to connect to other players, even peer to peer connections and not just server...
  6. my Xbox360 download speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox360 download speed: my Xbox360 has a download speed of 0.01 MBPS but all other devices beside the Xbox have a download speed of 113 MBPS. The Xbox and router are in a straight line of sight and about 10feet apart....
  7. Extremely Slow Download speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Extremely Slow Download speeds: I have a Xbox series s and out of the blue It started having incredibly slow download speeds. I have already tested the ports and checked the internet speeds and even factory reset my Xbox. It...
  8. How do i fix my download speeds on my Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix my download speeds on my Xbox: I just installed starlink last night works amazing i get 200-300 mbps, everything is super fast then i get to my Xbox, i did a speed test on the Xbox 200mbps+ download and 50mbps upload, but my...
  9. very slow download speed - xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    very slow download speed - xbox app: just awful, i have tried every single suggestion on the forums nothing helped, i'm never buying anything XBOX or GAME PASS ever again. i got high end pc, router 300mb, every available update,...
  10. Download slows to a very slow speed and stops every few seconds

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Download slows to a very slow speed and stops every few seconds: In the past couple of days I've been trying to install Ark: Survival Evolved on the Microsoft Store, but my download speed will start decreasing rapidly and eventually it will stop the download...