Download speed is trash

Discus and support Download speed is trash in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My internet download speed on every device is 50mbps and it shows that on my Xbox series s as well but when I download a game I get 4mbps. I’ve... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Brody Williams, Jul 5, 2022.

1. Download speed is trash

My internet download speed on every device is 50mbps and it shows that on my Xbox series s as well but when I download a game I get 4mbps.

I’ve restarted the console, the router and now have hooked it up to Ethernet and still download speed is getting up to 10mbps. I’ve tried everything but still no result so does anyone know if this is a problem out of my control

:)

Brody Williams, Jul 5, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Download speed is trash

Hi, I hope you're doing great despite the issue you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

To fix this, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, and games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.

If you can also test it out using a different network connection that would be great so we can isolate the issue further. For your reference, you can check this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/...
  3. Farscape247 Win User

Halo MCC/Xbox App on PC Download Speed extremely Slow

400mbps = 50MBps, that is the figures, real world you should get if everything is spot on about 47MBps.

the xbox app uses the windows store to download, the windows store is quite trash, sometimes you can hit the high speeds but a lot of the time will happily sit at 19MBps for the entire download, yet steam, epic store and origin i get 59MBps download which is my full speed

something we all have to live with unfortunately.
  4. renegadeninja real Win User

Xbox Remote Play locked to 720p resolution with poor bitrate?

This is trash, it needs to be 1080p or 4k if I'm stream at high speeds. Someone needs to do the needful and fix this.
  5. GJOVIE Win User

Xbox App Windows 10 - Download SO SLOW with a Gigabit Speed

Nice find but I highly doubt that my system is running into that same issue. I have a fresh install on an M.2 drive and it's still absolute trash for speeds. Every other launcher is downloading at the correct speeds except XBOX game pass client. It's extremely annoying.

I just preloaded Dyeing light 2 and it downloaded in about 10 minutes. It's double to size of Back 4 blood that I am DLing currently and B4B has been going for over 30 minutes.
  6. FunnyJoel Win User

Xbox One S slow download speed and constant drop out

Bro fix yall **** server download speeds this **** is annoying as **** man. I literally am paying for a 500mbs speed up/down the network speed test ON THE DAMN XBOX is saying 388mbs download im getting 676kbs download speeds what the **** type of services
    are you guys at microsoft providing up there bro this **** literally does not make any **** sense. Its a wired connection i’ve restarted my router numerous times tried everything up to this point im tired of this **** fix it. None of my other devices download
    that slow even on wifi im getting 200-400mbs and on my ps4 its even higher. Yall services are just barebones trash and dont pull that corona virus **** cause this **** has been happening since early 2019 late 2018. FIX YALL **** SERVERS MAN GODDAMN.
Thema:

Download speed is trash

1. Download speed is trash - Similar Threads - Download speed trash

2. Download speed issues...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speed issues...: I have a 1gb connection, wired to my Xbox x and I usually get 200-400mbps download. Lately I have only been getting 70mbps and lower, doesn't matter what time I try, morning, day, middle of the...
  3. Download speed is 1016mbps and upload speed is 105 Mbps. However my latency is 102ms. My...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speed is 1016mbps and upload speed is 105 Mbps. However my latency is 102ms. My...: I tried alternate port selection. Nothing seems to improve it. 36611448-3944-4cb1-872d-53a02a4ea9d3
  4. Download speeds disappearing, am i the only one?

in XboX Insiders
    Download speeds disappearing, am i the only one?: I was enrolled into the beta but moved down to delta hoping it would fix the issue of my download speeds dropping to just 0. I have an ethernet connection and projected speeds of abt 300-400 but...
  5. Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.: So I've looked for answers everywhere on this subject and none so far have been satisfactory. I currently have my Xbox Series S connected through WiFi to my router. My phone in the exact same...
  6. Xbox360 download speed 0.01 - does this impact multiplayer matches?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox360 download speed 0.01 - does this impact multiplayer matches?: Hi there I have been trying to play a few multiplayer games on my Xbox360 but on a lot of games it struggles to connect to other players, even peer to peer connections and not just server...
  7. my Xbox360 download speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox360 download speed: my Xbox360 has a download speed of 0.01 MBPS but all other devices beside the Xbox have a download speed of 113 MBPS. The Xbox and router are in a straight line of sight and about 10feet apart....
  8. Extremely Slow Download speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Extremely Slow Download speeds: I have a Xbox series s and out of the blue It started having incredibly slow download speeds. I have already tested the ports and checked the internet speeds and even factory reset my Xbox. It...
  9. How do i fix my download speeds on my Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix my download speeds on my Xbox: I just installed starlink last night works amazing i get 200-300 mbps, everything is super fast then i get to my Xbox, i did a speed test on the Xbox 200mbps+ download and 50mbps upload, but my...
  10. Xbox One X download speed broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X download speed broken: As many people know Microsoft has essentially broken Xbox One X download capabilites with one of its updates. Many threads are discussing how people are unable to get over 25% of their actual...